• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 Bluebird cards

C

C A Iversen

I've just bought a few bags of these from the supermarket and I wanted to see what the Super 14 cards were that they are giving away with the chips.

They appear to be made from the same kind of plastic that credit cards are, with a glossy pic of a player and a blurb on the back about them. Each player has a 'catchphrase' which kind of describes them in a general way. For example Richie McCaw is 'Mr Indispensible', whilst Brendon Leonard is described as an 'Energy Overload'.

There's 50 in the set, presumably 10 from each of the NZ Super 14 unions. I've got five of these so far and they are:

Richie McCaw - Mr Indispensible
Dan Carter - Playmaker Supreme
Leon MacDonald - Class Act
Corey Flynn - Mainland Marauder
Brendon Leonard - Energy Overload
James Wilson - Fast Finisher

I'll add to this as I collect these and will put up images soon. If anyone else from New Zealand on forum is collecting these, I'd be keen to swap some when I start getting doubles. It's a bit of a rip-off getting only one per pack, although these things probably cost more to produce than your average card.

So, anyone else getting these and if so, can you get them in the smaller sized, cheaper packs?

what packs are these coming in? ill play the game. anyone still have those odd-bod cards that came with them? now they were cool.

These are just in the main brand of Bluebird chips. I thought "ahh, I'll get one, but I bet they're lame" and then I saw how pretty cool they looked. Will post an image when I put my wee girl to bed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

heres the one i got - its rippers mate.

tasesa lavea: little general

tasesa lavea is a talented first five-eighth with a good defencive and running game. one of new zealands most versatile backs, lavea can play first or second five-eighth and auckland age grade teams, the blues and chiefs have all benifited from his services. he played seven games for the chiefs in 2007 and scored 20 points [/b]

are you kidding me??!?! TALENTED???!?!?! Most versatile backs!??!? and the blues have benifited from his services?!?!?!!!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: he would have to be one of the worst players to play for the blues in 06 and i thank the lord every day that hes gone. benifited by his services! ha - at least the salt and vinegar chips were good.

what packs are these coming in? ill play the game. anyone still have those odd-bod cards that came with them? now they were cool.
[/b]

Oddbods were the ****.

They were massive at school, and I remember everyone trying to steal them from the class nerd who had the whole set. Lol, those were the days.

And they glowed when you focused them under a light and a secret picture showed up :lol: . Classic!

Does anyone have them? or is anyone collecting them? I only know of the New Zealand cards from the Bluebird chip packets. I have about 15 or so, but there is like 100 in the set (50 normal and 50 gold) i doubt very much that i will get a whole set.

If anyone (in new zealand) eats these chips and is willing to part with the cards i would buy them off you, at a fair rate of course.

Is there any other super 14 cards/collectables out there for the aussies or the south african teams? I would be keen to get anything of theirs as well.

I like the bluebird cards, they are smaller than normal cards, but they pretty good. Nice facts etc on them.

no idea... ill have a look.

if it was about a month ago i was away :p

merged the topics...

Craig, hows your collection going? I have a few.

There are also 100 in the set, 50 normal and 50 gold parallel set. I have one gold card o_O

I've got twenty. I'm trying to collect all of the Chiefs. I'd be willing to trade a two Sivivatus, a Craig Newby and a Richie McCaw for any Chiefs cards that I don't have (Not all at once though :p).

I have...

Blues
Mealamu - Hooking Supreme
Flavell - Sudden Impact
Toeava - Magic Man
Wulf - Courage Personified

Chiefs
Lauaki - Wrecking Ball
Lavea (Gold) - Little General
Kahui (Gold) - Smooth Operator
Sivivatu (x3) - Try Scoring Trumpcard
Anesi - Thrill Seeker

Hurricanes
Hore - Frontrow Finisher
Gopperth (Gold) - Calling the Shots
Gear (Gold) - Top Gear

Crusaders
McCaw (x2) - Mr Indispensible
Ellis - Creative Strikeforce
Brett - The Prince

HIghlanders
Newby (x2) - Modern Master

Propose some trades and I'll be willing!

PS. If you buy two packets of chips from BP you get a free album to carry the cards in!
PPS. They come in all marked chip packets (be them small or big)

ohh i didnt know about the ablums, ill have to check that out :)

if you get the Mega packs you get two.

6 Joe Rockacoco
10 Troy Flavel
14 Mills Muliaina
24 Dan Carter x 2
47 Jerry Colins
isia toeava
and one other lol

Rugby Super 14 Superstars List

Blues
01 - Anthony Tuitavake (The Hot Stepper)
02 - Ben Atiga (Smooth Mover)
03 - Isa Nacewa (Mr Versatile)
04 - Isaia Toeava (Magic Man)
05 - Jerome Kaino (Young Dynamo)
06 - Joe Rokocoko (Speed Merchant)
07 - John Afoa (Raging Bull)
08 - Kevin Mealamu (Hooking Supreme)
09 - Rudi Wulf (Courage Personified)
10 - Troy Flavell (Sudden Impact)

Chiefs
11 - Brendon Leonard (Energy Overload)
12 - Lelia Masaga
13 - Liam Messam (Mr Dynamite)
14 - Malili Muliaina (All Class)
15 - Richard Kahui (Smooth Operator)
16 - Sione Lauaki (Wrecking Ball)
17 - Sitiveni Sivivatu (Try Scoring Trumpcard)
18 - Sosene Anesi (Thrill Seeker)
19 - Stephen Donald (Polished Pivot)
20 - Tasesa Lavea (Little General)

Crusaders
21 - Andrew Ellis (Creative Strikeforce)
22 - Casey Laulala (Magical Midfielder)
23 - Corey Flynn (Mainland Marauder)
24 - Daniel Carter (Playmaker Supreme)
25 - Kieran Read (Young Gun)
26 - Leon Macdonald (Class Act)
27 - Richie McCaw (Mr Indispensible)
28 - Ross Filipo (Big Game Hunter)
29 - Scott Hamilton (Try Scoring Wizard)
30 - Stephen Brett (The Prince)

Highlanders
31 - Aaron Bancroft (Midfield General)
32 - Alando Soakai (The Magician)
33 - Chris King (Scrum King)
34 - Craig Newby (Modern Master)
35 - Ezra Taylor (The Eighth Wonder)
36 - James Wilson (Fast Finisher
37 - Hoani Macdonald (Power Forward)
38 - Jimmy Cowan (Lightning Flash)

39 - Lucky Mulipola (The Sizzler)
40 - Tom Donnely (Solid Gold)

Hurricanes
41 - Andrew Hore (Frontrow Finisher)
42 - Chris Masoe (Muscle Man)
43 - Conrad Smith (Centre of Attention)
44 - Cory Jane (Strike Force)
45 - Hosea Gear (Top Gear)
46 - Jason Eaton (Talented Tall Timber)
47 - Jerry Collins (The Destroyer)
48 - Jimmy Gopperth (Calling The Shots)
49 - Piri Weepu (Damaging Distributor)
50 - Rodney So'oalo (Dreadlocked Dynamo)

Please help me complete it! I've noticed a few oddities... Nick Evans, Tony Woodcock, Jono Gibbes and a few others aren't in any of the teams... Strange. I can imagine Evans isn't on any because he's new to the Blues so they didn't have any pictures :p

BTW, appaerently Chris King is extremely rare! Take a look on TradeMe.

Craig told me today King apparently sold for about $40 on trademe. I've only got one - Ben Atiga (Blues). Can't remember anything about it, is sitting on desk at work :p

no idea... ill have a look.

if it was about a month ago i was away :p

merged the topics...

Craig, hows your collection going? I have a few.

There are also 100 in the set, 50 normal and 50 gold parallel set. I have one gold card o_O [/b]

I have really neglected this thread, lol. I never posted up any pics as I thought no-one was interested.

I have got 48/50 with Masaga and King to go. I know King is hard to get, but I emailed Bluebird and they are correcting their "error", by sending out extra Chris King's in two weeks. People who are paying the world on Trade Me are going to feel very foolish.

The only card worth paying more for is Callum Bruce, an error card, mistakenly printed as number 33 and put out for the first two weeks. They were not made aware of his transfer to the Chiefs by the NZRFU till after the last minute. Keep your eyes peeled.

Golds? I'm not going to waste my life getting all those, but I have 13 out of 50 right now.

Lastly, here are my swaps.

Ben Atiga, Isa Nacewa, Jerome Kaino, Rudi Wulf, Troy Flavell, Liam Messam, Malili Muliaina, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Sosene Anesi, Stephen Donald, Andrew Ellis, Corey Flynn, Dan Carter (x2), Kieran Read, Aaron Bancroft, Craig Newby, James Wilson, Jimmy Cowan (x2), Andrew Hore, Chris Masoe, Conrad Smith, Hosea Gear, Jerry Collins, Rodney So'oialo.

Anyone got anything I need, lol ?!

A lot of giving them away. Dips in the weekend for the guys and a few making their way to the bins. Plus I've been fortunate to get some sort after ones from Trade Me, both swapping and buying.

I swapped a Jason Eaton for 5 cards I needed. It's not the teeth with chips, it's the heart. Not great for the ticker.

ahh, these remind me of pokemon cards...with doubles etc.. :unsure:
[/b]
Hehe, I brought one pack of them and through trading prowess ended up with the whole set ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
ahh, these remind me of pokemon cards...with doubles etc.. :unsure:
[/b]
Hehe, I brought one pack of them and through trading prowess ended up with the whole set ;)
[/b][/quote]

:bana: Nice one, i had around 600. Ah Pokemon was great... :)

Blues
01 - Anthony Tuitavake (The Hot Stepper)
02 - Ben Atiga (Smooth Mover)
03 - Isa Nacewa (Mr Versatile)
04 - Isaia Toeava (Magic Man)
05 - Jerome Kaino (Young Dynamo)
06 - Joe Rokocoko (Speed Merchant)
07 - John Afoa (Raging Bull)
08 - Kevin Mealamu (Hooking Supreme)
09 - Rudi Wulf (Courage Personified)
10 - Troy Flavell (Sudden Impact)

Chiefs
11 - Brendon Leonard (Energy Overload)
12 - Lelia Masaga (The Finisher)
13 - Liam Messam (Mr Dynamite)
14 - Malili Muliaina (All Class)
15 - Richard Kahui (Smooth Operator)
16 - Sione Lauaki (Wrecking Ball)
17 - Sitiveni Sivivatu (Try Scoring Trumpcard)
18 - Sosene Anesi (Thrill Seeker)
19 - Stephen Donald (Polished Pivot)
20 - Tasesa Lavea (Little General)

Crusaders
21 - Andrew Ellis (Creative Strikeforce)
22 - Casey Laulala (Magical Midfielder)
23 - Corey Flynn (Mainland Marauder)
24 - Daniel Carter (Playmaker Supreme)
25 - Kieran Read (Young Gun)
26 - Leon Macdonald (Class Act)
27 - Richie McCaw (Mr Indispensible)
28 - Ross Filipo (Big Game Hunter)
29 - Scott Hamilton (Try Scoring Wizard)
30 - Stephen Brett (The Prince)

Highlanders
31 - Aaron Bancroft (Midfield General)
32 - Alando Soakai (The Magician)
33 - Chris King (Scrum King)
34 - Craig Newby (Modern Master)
35 - Ezra Taylor (The Eighth Wonder)
36 - James Wilson (Fast Finisher
37 - Hoani Macdonald (Power Forward)
38 - Jimmy Cowan (Lightning Flash)
39 - Lucky Mulipola (The Sizzler)
40 - Tom Donnely (Solid Gold)

Hurricanes
41 - Andrew Hore (Frontrow Finisher)
42 - Chris Masoe (Muscle Man)
43 - Conrad Smith (Centre of Attention)
44 - Cory Jane (Strike Force)
45 - Hosea Gear (Top Gear)
46 - Jason Eaton (Talented Tall Timber)
47 - Jerry Collins (The Destroyer)
48 - Jimmy Gopperth (Calling The Shots)
49 - Piri Weepu (Damaging Distributor)
50 - Rodney So’oalo (Dreadlocked Dynamo)

It's complete! Another mistake they've inadvertedly made is (also) within the Highlanders. If you look at the order of (almost) all cards it goes by their first name. Have a look at 36, 37 and 38. They're sort of out of order :p

Latest posts