• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 Trials

Q

QLD

Post all info regarding S14 trials here.

Queensland team to face NSW in Toowoomba

Mark McLinden; Blair Connor, Brando Va'aulu, Charlie Fetoai, Rod Davies; Anthony Faingaa, Brendan McKibbin; Leroy Houston, Poutasi Luafutu, Scott Higginbotham; Adam Byrnes, Robert Simmons; Laurie Weeks, James Hanson, Ben Daley.

Replacements: Saia Faingaa, Jack Kennedy, Dayna Edwards, Jake Schatz, Will Genia, Morgan Turinui, Aidan Toua, Luke Morahan.

Faingaa at flyhalf will be interesting
if he can play solidly there he might keep his spot and relatage cooper.

I think Faingaa is better suited to inside centre.

Personally, I think Mooney should put Barnes back at flyhalf (where he belongs) and have Faingaa at inside centre.

As for the trials in general, I never pay too much attention to them.

I can't remember the last time the Brumbies won a trial game?

NOT GENIA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

But yeah I'll be at the Toowoomba game as its like 30 mins from my house and I'll be at the Western Force one.

Chiefs already beat the Blues 21-17 last weekend.

Today they are playing the Highlanders at Rotorua.

Teams:
CHIEFS: James Wilson, Lelia Masaga, Jackson Willison, Dwayne Sweeney, Tim Mikkelson, Mike Delany, Toby Morland, Colin Bourke, Tanerau Latimer, Liam Messam, Craig Clarke, Toby Lynn, James McGougan, Aled de Malmanche, Joe Savage. Reserves: Hika Elliot, Hikairo Forbes, Sona Taumalolo, Culum Retallick, Romana Graham, Luke Braid, Serge Lilo, Sione Lauaki, David Bason, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Callum Bruce, Richard Kahui, Save Tokula, Trent Renata.

HIGHLANDERS: Israel Dagg, Lucky Mulipola, Jason Shoemark, Jayden Hayward, Kenny Lynn, Mat Berquist, Sean Romans, Steven Setephano, Tim Boys, Hayden Triggs, Ross Kennedy, Anthony Perenise, David Hall, Keith Cameron. Reserves: Jason Rutledge, Clint Newland, George Naoupu, Alando Soakai, Scott Cowan, Daniel Bowden, Pehi Te Whare, Johnny Leota, Brett Mather, Karne Hesketh.

The Chiefs beat the Highlanders today 36-19.

Also, the Hurricanes beat the Blues.

HSBC WARATAHS
1. Jeremy Tilse (Sydney University)
2. Damien Fitzpatrick (Eastwood)
3. Dan Palmer (Southern Districts)
4. Chris Thomson (Warringah)
5. Kane Douglas (Southern Districts)
6. Ben Mowen (Randwick)
7. Ben Coridas (Eastwood)
8. Scott Fava (Eastwood)
9. Jeremy Su'a (Penrith)
10. Kurtley Beale (Northern Suburbs)
11. Peter Playford (Sydney University)
12. Tom Carter (Sydney University)
13. Matt Carraro (Randwick)
14. Tim Bennetts (Eastwood)
15. Sam Norton-Knight (Northern Suburbs)
Reserves
16. Nath Nicol (Gordon)
17. Martin Plotskys (Gordon)
18. Dave Dennis (Sydney University)
19. Will Caldwell (Sydney University)
20. Daniel Halangahu (Sydney University)
21. Rob Horne (Southern Districts)
22. Brett Sheehan (Warringah)
23. Tim Archibald (Northern Suburbs)
25. Lachlan McCaffrey (Eastwood)
26. Sitiveni Mafi (Parramatta)
27. Mark Preston (Gordon)
29. Damon Anderson
30. Mitch Inman (Sydney University)

I still can't help but laugh when people say Beale has great potential.I watched him a couple of times last year and he was downright horrible...

Crusaders beat Force, by six points.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jan 24 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I still can't help but laugh when people say Beale has great potential.I watched him a couple of times last year and he was downright horrible...

Crusaders beat Force, by six points.[/b]

They won by five, actually, coming back from a 14 point deficit to get the winning try in the 74th minute.
CRUSADERS 24: George Whitelock 2, Jared Payne, Kade Poki tries; Colin Slade con, Hamish Gard con

WESTERN FORCE 19: penalty try, Josh Tatupu, Luke Holmes tries; Scott Daruda 2 con

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (allyoop @ Jan 24 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jan 24 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crusaders beat Force, by six points.[/b]

They won by five, actually, coming back from a 14 point deficit to get the winning try in the 74th minute.
CRUSADERS 24: George Whitelock 2, Jared Payne, Kade Poki tries; Colin Slade con, Hamish Gard con

WESTERN FORCE 19: penalty try, Josh Tatupu, Luke Holmes tries; Scott Daruda 2 con

[/b][/quote]

My mistake. Can someone add light to how good that Force team is compared to the first string one?

Its funny all the shite that the reporters have been putting on the Force, saying we are a doomed team and we will sink into obscurity, yet we come out with a sell out crowd, with 18,100 packing into Members Equity with people being turned away from the gates.

Still a decent performance from the Force apparently, missing alot of their players and had heaps of chances to take the game in the last ten minutes apparently. Of course I am in Berlin at the moment so this is just what the run down I have been told.

Just got back from Reds V Waratahs, Reds lost 17 - 7, Reds try scored by Will Genia. Waratahs tries scored by insignificant players.

How'd you like the light show?
I thought Halangahu played well for the tahs. Hopefully he'll get some time in the 10

It was a good game, until the rain came and the drunk chicks all crowded in one place. I had a big chat with Berrick Barnes and James Horwill before the game, and a bit of a talk with Rodney Davies after the game.

The Tahs first two tries were scored by Peter Playford who I believe only signed with the club a few weeks ago...

I guess he couldn't get a contract overseas?

Wait, so the Reds, whose supporters have been talking them up for a while, lost to the Waratahs..?

Ah well, it's preseason, so you can hardly take anything from that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jan 24 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wait, so the Reds, whose supporters have been talking them up for a while, lost to the Waratahs..?

Ah well, it's preseason, so you can hardly take anything from that.[/b]

Preseason games don't mean squat... as I said earlier - I can't remember the last time the Brumbies won a preseason match... even in 2004 when they lost to the Reds and the Hurricanes (I think) in the preseason then went on to put 50+ points on these teams (and others) and eventually won the championship...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jan 25 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jan 24 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Preseason games don't mean squat... as I said earlier - I can't remember the last time the Brumbies won a preseason match... even in 2004 when they lost to the Reds and the Hurricanes (I think) in the preseason then went on to put 50+ points on these teams (and others) and eventually won the championship...
[/b][/quote]
A long time ago now
I hope Phibbs and Lealiifano step up this season

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RSEA @ Jan 25 2009, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jan 25 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jan 24 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
A long time ago now
I hope Phibbs and Lealiifano step up this season
[/b][/quote]

Just saying... the Brumbies haven't won a trial game since I can remember... the trials have absolutely no indication on how a team is going to in the actual competition, and that applies to every team...

I don't even know if Phibbs or Lealiifano will be starting for the Brumbies this year...

Latest posts