• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Sharks vs Lions. Mr. Price Kings Park Stadium (10/3/2012 15:05 GMT)

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Super Rugby.png

Mr. Price Kings Park Stadium, Durban (10/3/2012, 15:05 GMT)
Sharks.png
Versus Super.png
Lions.png

Referee: Mark Lawrence
AR1: Quinton Immelman
AR2: Marc van Zyl
TMO: Johann Meuwesen

[TABLE="class: grid, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Sharks
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Lions[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Riaan Viljoen[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Jaco Taute[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Odwa Ndungane
[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Deon van Rensberg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]JP Pietersen[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Doppies la Grange[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tim Whitehead[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Alwyn Hollenbach
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lwazi Mvovo[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Michael Killian
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Patrick Lambie[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Butch James
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Frederic Michalak[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Michael Bondesio
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dale Chadwick[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Caylib Oosthuizen
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bismarck du Plessis[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Callie Visagie
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wiehahn Herbst[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Jacobie Adriaanse
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ross Skeate[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Marius Coetzer
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Steven Sykes[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Franco van der Merwe[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marcell Coetzee[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Derick Minnie
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Willem Alberts[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Josh Strauss[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Keegan Daniel
[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Warren Whiteley
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Craig Burden[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Martin Bezuidenhout
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jannie du Plessis[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Ruan Dreyer
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Anton Bresler[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Stephan Greeff
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jacques Botes[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Cobus Grobbelaar[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Charl McLeod[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Tian Meyer
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Meyer Bosman[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Andries Coetzee
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Paul Jordaan[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]James Kamana
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Might as well get this thread rolling. I think the Sharks have this one, but I then again I am someone who has never gone against them in virtual rugby, ever. The Sharks have not had a great start to the season, but have not had the easiest of competition either. This will be the first game we go into as favourites and i do think we will be too much for the Lions. The Lions have had to do quite a lot of shuffling in the line up this week, and I think that will show. I really am hoping that we not only win, but win convincing, because the last two games have not just been losses, but absolute borefests.

Elton Jantjies out, Butch James moves from 12 to 10, Alwyn Hollenbach from 21 to 12, and Andries Coetzee to 21.
Pat Cilliers out, Caylib Oosthuizen moves from 17 to 1, Ruan Dreyer moves into 17 on the bench.

Everyone keeps on saying the Sharks had a bad start to the season but I think it is not that bad if you manage to stay clean (not conceding any tries) against 2 top teams on the road. We got 2 bonus points against teams we usually struggle with anyway so I am still positive

I don't think it was a bad start, however it is still disappointing to lose your first two games no matter the opposition. On the one hand I'm pleased with the defence, but our attacking movement just has no rhythm and just looks too often disjointed. This is by far our best chance to show what we are capable of on attack and put plan into action.

I expected 2 losses, I am happy to have 2 bonus points to start the season with. The Bulls and Stormers (who will both show their class) failed to score a single try in 80 minutes at home against us. We just need to work on our discipline. It's sad that our captain and co-captain are the ones with the most conceded penalties

Both those teams were there for the taking, line-ups and performances on the days accounted for.

Looking at the teams alone makes the results look respectable, but he performances were not, ergo in my books not a good start for the Sharks

Who the hell is the assistant ref that keeps advising Lawrence?

Nearly every call has been wrong so far, not even communicating correctly.

Pretty happy to come away with the bonus points. Bismark had a big game, as did the ever impressing Coetzee and Whitehead.

I'm really liking what Whitehead is doing at 12. You can see him and Pietersen are a new combo though.

Well done Sharks!!

What a way to shut those irritating Lions Supporters up!!

Didn't watch the game as I was busy looking at a Rhino in the Kruger National Park...

Anyhoo, looks like Eze has a new opponent in declaring their undying man-love to Patrick Lambie...

Michalak had a very bad game for the Sharks. Time for Mac Leod to shine (even if he didn't play that well in second half). I can't understand how the Sharks can concede two tries on kick-off after securing the possession. It's the kind of mistake that make me think that they are not a mature team. They struggled a lot again an average Lions' team, bad offensive organisation, too many kicks from hand, first try very luck, second one could have been refused (50/50 call in my opinion, Mvovo's foot looked very near the touch line), third one too (forward pass in my opinion). The Sharks were heavily penalised at the breakdown (Michalak and Mac Leod slow recycling didn't help to clean the ruck zone). Can't see as many positives as you from that game for the Sharks (except the fact that they have collected offensive bonus point).

Latest posts