• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super gyros

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
OK, I know I'm not first to say it, but the super hero uniform gimmick is utterly abominable. "Hey, as a South African, I sure wanna emulate my favorite player, Captain America!" SAID NO ONE EVER

OK, I know I'm not first to say it, but the super hero uniform gimmick is utterly abominable. "Hey, as a South African, I sure wanna emulate my favorite player, Captain America!" SAID NO ONE EVER

I agree, it's hideous!

I love them,
Loved when the NRL did them as well

Rugby is not a money sport, anything that
A) generates interest from younger fans
B) gets people to buy replica jerseys
Should be applauded

I love them,

Should be applauded

Indeed, and the people are completely missing the point.

Perhaps if they actually lived in the country who is doing this campaign, and understand the reasoning behind it as well as the marketing plan and the coverage it has locally, then their opinion might matter.

Plus the Marvel superheroes are one of the most watched animations on tv in SA.

People watch Marvel movies in South Africa btw. Lots of people.
I like Cap myself and am considering getting a jersey (a 28 year old man who works in Finance).

To be honest, I do like the Spiderman scrum cap that I saw a Lions player wearing during a match I watched on ESPN+ online. :cool: Rest in peace Stan Lee.

Last edited:
People watch Marvel movies in South Africa btw. Lots of people.
I like Cap myself and am considering getting a jersey (a 28 year old man who works in Finance).

Well, I'm a 33 year old Lawyer, and I have every movie ever made by Marvel and DC.

I'm definitely getting the Bulls jersey. Planning on going to Pretoria next week so maybe I'll stop at Loftus and pick one up at the shop.

MaRvEL iS 4 ChILdReN WhO dOn'T LikE AdULT StUfF :mad:
DC ----> MarVeL :D, As Dc iS EdGey LikE mE aNd mY GF (YeH tHAts WritE I saID GF I'm BI aND UNiQuE NoT LiKE ThE OtHeR GirLS :eek: :p )

DC4LyfE

Seriously, I love novelty shirts. I guess growing up in peak Stade Francais time prob allowed me to not develop a rugby snobbery when it comes to kits.
This was my favourite shirt I owned along with the blue one
images

Also been petitioning a Leicester Tigers Thundercats shirt for a long time now.

I love them,

Should be applauded
Indeed, and the people are completely missing the point.

Perhaps if they actually lived in the country who is doing this campaign, and understand the reasoning behind it as well as the marketing plan and the coverage it has locally, then their opinion might matter.

Plus the Marvel superheroes are one of the most watched animations on tv in SA.

Hey folks - gotta say, very surprised by these positive reactions! Good to hear a different take on it. I'm frankly shocked that anyone outside the US would wear a "Captain America" ANYthing, that's a big big surprise for me. If there was a "Captain Europe" character, I feel pretty sure no Americans would buy themed uni's for it!... :p

Glad to know I'm in the minority on this one - and since rugby dollars don't come in from the US very much, I'm glad to know it's a hit in countries that do spend money on rugby gear!

Also been petitioning a Leicester Tigers Thundercats shirt for a long time now.
That's almost TOO good, I can actually see that ... maybe they start with Garfield and work their way up? ;)

I've got the Stormers Thor one, still waiting for the Sharks Black Panther one to be delivered... and will be ordering the other two when I find the adult sizes for each.