• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League 2012 - Week 1 thread

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Super League is back underway this week. The Sky live game on Friday welcomes Widnes back to the big time. Pick of the games this weekend is Wigan - Huddersfield but other than that it's a quiet start to the season really.

Friday, 3 February 2012
Leeds v Hull K R, 20:00
Widnes v Wakefield, 20:00

Saturday, 4 February 2012
London Broncos v St Helens, 15:00
Salford v Castleford, 18:00

Sunday, 5 February 2012
Bradford v Catalan Dragons, 15:00
Hull v Warrington, 15:00
Wigan v Huddersfield, 15:00

I'm Roy Keane for this season to start.

Catalans have had a good pre-season, but I'm not reading too much in to it as both games were at home vs understrength sides.
Hopefully we can pick up where we left off (or at least, how we finished the league, the playoffs....not so much!) and get win against the Bulls.

I'm glad that they're showing the Widnes game, not the Leeds one, I'm interested to see how they go this season (that and there's a guy on our team from Widnes, so if they get ruined then training on Saturday will be all the sweeter).

How are Widnes supposed to do this year? Have they made any big signings?

They've made a lot of signings, whether or not they're any good or not will be down to how they're coached and how well they gel. They played the opening friendly at St Helens' new stadium the other week and they held in for an hour or so before our superior fitness and quality told. Based off that (and it's not much I admit) I'd say they'll do just fine.

It's absolutely fantastic, can't wait for the first game next week.

Good away win to start the season off today.

Saw Wigan went down to Giants as well, cracking :D

Latest posts