• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League to be cut to 12 teams from 2015 season

Probably because they'd be going head to head with Sky on a Thursday night.

Just wondering to anyone who may know, how is promotion going to work for the Championship? It is the top two teams in the league table? or is it League Leaders and Grand Final Winners getting promoted?

Think top league automatic promotion. A 2nd 3rd a 4th play off but it will be against super league clubs. So if 3rd end up playing 3rd place super league away. Not fair cause be clubs in championship part time against full timers.

Just wondering to anyone who may know, how is promotion going to work for the Championship? It is the top two teams in the league table? or is it League Leaders and Grand Final Winners getting promoted?

If I'm right, from 2015:

- The leagues split after you've played each other home and away.
- The bottom 4 of Super League and the top 4 of the Championship forms a new league.
- Super League teams have 3 games at home and 4 away.
- After these 7 games the top 4 are promoted and the bottom 4 will start 2016 in the Championship.

If I'm right, from 2015:

- The leagues split after you've played each other home and away.
- The bottom 4 of Super League and the top 4 of the Championship forms a new league.
- Super League teams have 3 games at home and 4 away.
- After these 7 games the top 4 are promoted and the bottom 4 will start 2016 in the Championship.

That just sounds confusing as hell! Also due to the talent difference between the Championship and Super League the teams looking to be promoted are going to be at a big disadvantage.

It is a big disadvantage but 1 game owt can happen last few years fax took bulls all the way in challenge cup we drew with cas at cas. We just played cas in pre season they played nearly full first team only lost 5 mins to go

I honestly think that the better Championship teams will have a good go at toppling the lower Super League teams.

When you consider the format there is a huge chance for teams to get promoted. If you are a Championship side you probably only need to win four of those 7 games to get promoted. If you can beat the other three Championship sides then you only need to beat one of the Super League teams once. This format also helps to ensure that a really bad team doesn't get promoted.

Yea true never thought of it like that. Wonder wot happen if fev a Sheffield got promotion? Cause Sheffield ain't got a stadium a fev wouldn't pass super league standards. At minute I believe there only fax leigh wot would tick boxes for super league

Think the RFL will need to revise the Super League standards as most teams in the Championship don't meet the current standard and some won't have the chance to move to a new stadium and renovations will be far too expensive.

We had a meeting last week a that a question wot was asked. Our chairman said the rugby league was keeping the certain standard. It always been rubbish cause only need look odsal wot a **** hole, been few grounds in past in super league not great

Then they are using a promotion and relegation system that doesn't work...If you can only get promoted when your club ticks a certain number of boxes then it's just the licence system with a different spin on it.

The stadium grading is being scrapped if I remember rightly.

Latest posts