• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Aotearoa: Round 2 - [20 - 21 June 2020]

For those of us in the United States, I just checked the Super Rugby Aotearoa schedule on ESPN2 and they'll be broadcasting all the games for the rest of the season. So you can cancel ESPN+ (like I just did) if you already have ESPN2. Why pay for it twice if you don't have too.

I think the Crusaders will win the championship again. I hope they don't (Highlanders fan here), but my goodness that's a powerful team. They really are a dynasty.

Last edited:
Gatland's really put his stamp on the Chiefs.
It has looked a bit that way in recent weeks.
thats 2 weeks now that Dane has had a lot of errant throws. wtf is up with that? dane needs to go back to the drawing board
I've never played hooker but it always surprises me how they can be so bad at throwing at times. I did get a shoulder injury once from benching too heavy at the gym, but I remember it affecting my coordination even after recovery (though I don't think I ever fully recovered) so I looked it up and can't remember what it was called but it was some joint thing which apparently affects your coordination as there are certain nerves which are critical to sending signals to the Brain for coordinating your arm, at least in certain movements. Makes me wonder if the shoulder impact from scrummaging, rucking, and bench pressing make it harder to coordinate your throwing.

On the crusaders hurricanes game as a whole I think for the most part the hurricanes were better, and there were four main factors affecting the result
1. Crusaders nailing opportunities
2. Kobus van wyk
3. Hurricanes lineout
4. Referee decisions favouring crusaders

I played hooker through high school and then a bit of club before realising i wasn't good enough, if i was out of sorts with the throw or the hook.... bench, had to do the basics right.

I was always better in the scrum than the line out so i use to got down and train at the gym trying to throw it through the basketball hoop, do it from the free throw line...take a step back etc...got to half way and wold at least be hitting the square

what have the canes done to Fletcher Smith, he was great for the Landers and Otago, was going toe to toe with Ioane...now he cant even get on the bench? id rather have him than Mitch Hunt

3. Hurricanes lineout
They looked like they simply forgot to practice lineouts for the last 3 months... Still, it's indescribable how happy it makes me for it to be back, and just seeing the crowds feels like a blast from the distant past...

Latest posts