Venue: Eden Park
Time: 09:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Sunday, 28 June 2020

MQA0SnJ.png
Er9w71N.png
USJKAyt.png

Venue: Orangetheory Stadium
Time: 05:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Blues (I hope I'm wrong though...Go Highlanders!)
Crusaders (They're going all the way...yet again.)

if you'd asked me a few weeks back i would have been happy with the draw...now....i dont know, come out of the bye against a red hot Blues....
icon_neutral.gif
i can only hope three weeks in they will be a bit more tired

edit: just read we're still not expecting Josh Ioane back

Blues could go 3-0
And Chiefs could go 0-3
Yeah, I have a feeling my Highlanders will come back to earth this weekend... will we see Dan Carter's first action? And what about Nehe?
Hard to hold out much hope for the Chiefs, either, the Aotearoa may effectively end for them, it'd be almost impossible to come back from 0-3 in an 8-match tournament...
Can't wait!

Nehe is still injured, think they said at the start of the season he wouldn't be ready till the season half

i was just wondering if we might see some tactical selections, take a lose on the chin and field some young guns, we've done it before, but then i remembered there's no playoffs so you just got to win them all, full strength every week....would kind of like to see Koroi at 10, real attacking option, dont think we can kick it back to that blues back three

if you'd asked me a few weeks back i would have been happy with the draw...now....i dont know, come out of the bye against a red hot Blues....
icon_neutral.gif

That's a bummer about Josh Ioane. As I mentioned last week, he's my favorite Highlander.

I think the blues will win. The highlanders will still be too fresh. I hope joe Marchant Makes the bench, as his contract will be finished after this weekend. I don't rate him as a player at all but he seems like a real humble guy so I wish him all the best.

and the crusaders at home.

icon_neutral.gif

I think the hurricanes got the best draw, 2 then 4 then 2, and getting their second game against the team who was on a bye in week one. But didn't make the most of it so will end up three weeks without a win.

The blues look easily the fittest team to me, like they had an especially good training regime during lockdown. Their fitness will be helped by Robinson getting injured too, as Akira has only played one game. And they will know they get the bye next week, so will be encouraged to give it their all this time around.

Apparently Luke Jacobson and Scott Barrett are out for the season

I see several people from New Zealand on this thread - are y'all going to any of these matches in person?
Yep, went to the canes game. Will probably go to most of their games this season.

and I'm intending to go to all the 'finals' - the last game for each team. For the chiefs that's round 9 against the hurricanes in Wellington, then I have flights to go to Dunedin in round ten to watch the highlanders against the hurricanes, then flying up to Auckland to watch what looks like it could be a Genuine final - the blues against the crusaders.

I've never been to Forsyth bar stadium or eden park - the two premier stadiums in New Zealand - so I'm quite excited about it.

i took my kids to the canes vs crusaders. loved the game not the result
So cool! I'd planned to take my son to the inaugural Free Jacks match, but everything shut down literally the day before... *sigh*

and I'm intending to go to all the 'finals' - the last game for each team. For the chiefs that's round 9 against the hurricanes in Wellington, then I have flights to go to Dunedin in round ten to watch the highlanders against the hurricanes, then flying up to Auckland to watch what looks like it could be a Genuine final - the blues against the crusaders.
Love it! I've fantasized about making a similar road trip of NFL games, but alas, it hasn't come to be.

I've never been to Forsyth bar stadium or eden park - the two premier stadiums in New Zealand - so I'm quite excited about it.
Is there something special about the Aotearoa that has made you decide to check them out? Or are you just jonesin' for as much rugby as possible? How are ticket prices? Do you wear those hilarious KFC bucket helmets?

Winners this week:
Blues
Crusaders

I've watched all of the games so far and I think the standard has been pretty good considering all the teams have had 3 months with no rugby. The Crusaders look the team to beat once again but the Blues are looking like they'll put up a real scrap. I don't really want to talk about my beloved Hurricanes... it's been pretty depressing viewing so far, apart from that first 40 against the Blues where we looked OK. Thought we were outclassed by the Crusaders and only their ill-discipline kept the Canes in it for so long. Think it will do the Canes good to have a bye week just to regroup. Anyway on to this weekend's games. I have to back the Crusaders In Christchurch, the Chiefs will take it to them but will fall short. The Landers have a real chance against the Blues but I think the home forward pack may get a grip of things as the game goes on.

I live in Aus so no live rugby for me

looking forward to the VFL season starting in August, Port Melbourne ground id just down the road so standing on the embankment in the sun with beer in hand is going to be great

live in Aus so no live rugby for me

looking forward to the VFL season starting in August, Port Melbourne ground id just down the road so standing on the embankment in the sun with beer in hand is going to be great
What's the VFL?

And yeah, no live sport sucks, sports with no crowds suck... but y'all will get those things way before my idiotic country does. There might not even be baseball in the USA, something I would have thought unimaginable even a few months ago. What a travesty.

I live in Aus so no live rugby for me

What took you from the land of the Kiwi to the land of the Kangaroo? And do you hope to move back to New Zealand? Best wishes. :cool:

What's the VFL?

And yeah, no live sport sucks, sports with no crowds suck... but y'all will get those things way before my idiotic country does. There might not even be baseball in the USA, something I would have thought unimaginable even a few months ago. What a travesty.

sorry, Victorian Football League, its the state wide Aussie Rules comp, really got into it since being over here, $10 to go stand in the sun with a beer and some hot chips and watch some pretty good sport a few hundred meters from home...yes please

What took you from the land of the Kiwi to the land of the Kangaroo? And do you hope to move back to New Zealand? Best wishes. :cool:

work, just so many more options over here and Melbounre is the sports capital of the world!

Latest posts