• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Aotearoa: Round 3 - [27 - 28 June 2020]

sorry, Victorian Football League, its the state wide Aussie Rules comp, really got into it since being over here, $10 to go stand in the sun with a beer and some hot chips and watch some pretty good sport a few hundred meters from home...yes please

work, just so many more options over here and Melbounre is the sports capital of the world!

Did you have to get a work visa, or does that not apply to citizens of countries that are part of the Commonwealth? Just curious.

map-of-commonwealth-countries_2018-03-07.png

Did you have to get a work visa, or does that not apply to citizens of countries that are part of the Commonwealth? Just curious.

map-of-commonwealth-countries_2018-03-07.png
not the commonwealth, Kiwis specifically have a special visa, we can just come and work in aus without going through any special process, we just dont get the same benefits as aussies

a very green 14/15...other than the card i thought Koroi was solid last week and wold have kept him

105672316_10158649407757249_8052116544410159113_o.jpg

not the commonwealth, Kiwis specifically have a special visa, we can just come and work in aus without going through any special process, we just dont get the same benefits as aussies

Thanks for sharing Jabby. I'm a Geography buff and enjoy learning about other countries, cultures, etc. :cool:

a very green 14/15...other than the card i thought Koroi was solid last week and wold have kept him

105672316_10158649407757249_8052116544410159113_o.jpg
And the less important team:
The Blues team is: 15 Beauden Barrett, 14 Mark Telea, 13 Rieko Ioane, 12 TJ Faiane, 11 Caleb Clarke, 10 Otere Black, 9 Sam Nock; 8 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Dalton Papalii, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Josh Goodhue, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu ©, 3 Ofa Tuungafasi, 2 James Parsons, 1 Alex Hodgman.

Reserves: 16 Kurt Eklund, 17 Marcel Renata, 18 Sione Mafileo, 19 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 20 Tony Lamborn, 21 Finlay Christie, 22 Harry Plummer, 23 Joe Marchant.

Players not considered with injury: Karl Tu'inukuafe (leg strain), Jack Heighton (quad), Jared Page (pec), Stephen Perofeta (fractured foot), Blake Gibson (hamstring), Tom Robinson (knee). Season ending: Ray Niuia, James Tucker, Tanielu Tele'a

As hoped and expected, marchant had Been given a place on the bench in his last weekend at the franchise.

So cool! I'd planned to take my son to the inaugural Free Jacks match, but everything shut down literally the day before... *sigh*

Love it! I've fantasized about making a similar road trip of NFL games, but alas, it hasn't come to be.

Is there something special about the Aotearoa that has made you decide to check them out? Or are you just jonesin' for as much rugby as possible? How are ticket prices? Do you wear those hilarious KFC bucket helmets?
Haha, I went to high-school for 5 years in manawatu - the home of the bucket hat- and then lived another 9 years there but no, no bucket hats for me.

Im enjoying how people are getting into the rugby, internationals are unlikely to occur so this is the best rugby is going to get this year, and I want a holiday and can't go overseas with covid. Oh, and @Jabby reminded me how great dunedin is, ;)not sure I'll go to the sleights brewery but I will get tickets in the speights stand

Haha, I went to high-school for 5 years in manawatu - the home of the bucket hat- and then lived another 9 years there but no, no bucket hats for me.

Im enjoying how people are getting into the rugby, internationals are unlikely to occur so this is the best rugby is going to get this year, and I want a holiday and can't go overseas with covid. Oh, and @Jabby reminded me how great dunedin is, ;)not sure I'll go to the sleights brewery but I will get tickets in the speights stand
You're missing out, they have a still from the nz whisky collective there now, it's sweet

Hurricanes vs Crusaders Highlights. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling the Crusaders will go undefeated. :eek: Anybody else feel that way?

Last edited:
Hurricanes vs Crusaders Highlights. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling the Crusaders will go undefeated. :eek: Anybody else feel that way?

yup cant see the saders losing a game. they trounced the canes then turn around and say they have to be more disciplined? scarey

15 mins of the build up...haven't mentioned the highlander yet, three blues player profiles

Both teams having to wear away jerseys because they clash ....face palm

Both teams having to wear away jerseys because they clash ....face palm

The Highlanders road jerseys looks great, but Scott Gregory is doing his best to help the Blues win. Not just Gregory (although his errors have hurt the most), but many of Highlanders have played poorly so far. :mad: The Blues lead 22-10 at half time.

The Highlanders road jerseys looks great, but Scott Gregory is doing his best to help the Blues win. Not just Gregory (although his errors have hurt the most), but many of Highlanders have played poorly so far. :mad: The Blues lead 22-10 at half time.
The highlander outside back later have played poorly...they forwards are doing great

Awesome try by Mitch Hunt. Highlanders score first in the second half. It's now 22-17.

Highlanders score on a Frizell try. :cool: Hunt converts and the Highlanders lead 24-22 @ 55:00 mark.

All blacks are gonna be awesome. Powerful strong looses on show tonight

They just took Gregory out, he screwed up three times tonight already. :eek: Every player has a bad game and this one's his. That latest error lead to another Blues try and they now lead 27-24.

Frustrating loss for us Highlanders fans, the Blues win it 27-24. That's their seventh win in a row and they're 3-0 on the Aotearoa season.

F'ing robbed, half the blues holding that ball at the s came around the side, gutted, ruined an otherwise great game

Latest posts