• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby AU: Australia Domestic: Round 10 (05 September 2020)

Al Bangor

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Brave Lupus
zRCIthg.png

0H1BUm0.png
Er9w71N.png
R1347NK.png

Venue: McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Time: 07:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

fioHFlp.png
Er9w71N.png
Ublspfx.png

Venue: SunCorp Stadium, Brisbane
Time: 11:20 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Half Time - Rebels 20 Western Force 13

Last edited:
Full Time - Rebels 34-30

Rebels will play the Reds next weekend. The winner of that one faces the Brumbies in the Super Rugby AU championship match.

Half Time - Reds 18 Brumbies 7

The Brumbies already have a spot in the championship match wrapped up and they didn't look like they were trying very hard. I hope they get their act in gear in the second half.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd see the day when the Brumbies would rollover. Unfortunately, today was that day. :confused:

1599304052505.png

SUPER RUGBY AU - PRELIMINARY FINAL

Queensland Reds v Melbourne Rebels at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane.

Kick-off: 7:15pm AEST, September 12

*Winner plays the Brumbies in the Championship match on September 19.

I have given this tournament a good try but honestly the standard in most of the games is pretty rough. I have found it best to watch later on-demand once it is known if the game was good. Australia needs to go down to three SR franchises, the talent just isn't there sadly.

I have given this tournament a good try but honestly the standard in most of the games is pretty rough. I have found it best to watch later on-demand once it is known if the game was good. Australia needs to go down to three SR franchises, the talent just isn't there sadly.
I highly doubt you've given it a good try. Just preconceived ideas of where you believe Australian Is at.

I highly doubt you've given it a good try. Just preconceived ideas of where you believe Australian Is at.

I watched every game of the first five rounds. Do you believe Australia has the talent for more than three SR franchises? The talent level now is far reduced from where it was in 1998-2005 when Australia had three franchises. The original set up of five NZ, four SA, three AUS is the way to go. Australia expanded under the illusion that Rugby Union could become a truly national sport at club and franchise level. It can't and shouldn't even try at the moment. Best to focus on ACT, NSW, and QLD and actually try to stop losing ground to Rugby League, AFL, Basketball, Netball, etc. in what were once fertile territories for Union.

With the South African teams leaving Super Rugby for PRO14 (from what I've read on another thread on this board) I'm losing interest in Super Rugby. And that's unfortunate because I used to love it. It was my favorite pro rugby competition. Fortunately pro rugby continues to grow here in America, so I'll concentrate more on Major League Rugby. Just two more Super Rugby AU games to go this year. I hope the Brumbies win the championship. And after that, who the hell knows what will happen to Super Rugby?

Last edited:
I watched every game of the first five rounds. Do you believe Australia has the talent for more than three SR franchises? The talent level now is far reduced from where it was in 1998-2005 when Australia had three franchises. The original set up of five NZ, four SA, three AUS is the way to go. Australia expanded under the illusion that Rugby Union could become a truly national sport at club and franchise level. It can't and shouldn't even try at the moment. Best to focus on ACT, NSW, and QLD and actually try to stop losing ground to Rugby League, AFL, Basketball, Netball, etc. in what were once fertile territories for Union.
Hell yes I think we've got more talent for more than 3. Even more so if we didn't lose so many players to the NH teams. No Force or Rebels means that a huge portion of Oz is disconnected. You can't shrink to greatness. Super Rugby as it was had to go. In all likelihood after 2021, it'll be 5 Aus, 5 NZ plus 2 other sides, one of which will be likely to come from Japan. Far more exciting rugby, and better time zones. I won't miss staying up till 3 in the morning watching the SA games. Being a Brumbies fan however, we usually did pretty well against SA sides.

I want the Rebels to win this match, only because the Reds are favored.

At Half Time it's all tied up, Reds 10 Rebels 10.

Hell yes I think we've got more talent for more than 3. Even more so if we didn't lose so many players to the NH teams. No Force or Rebels means that a huge portion of Oz is disconnected. You can't shrink to greatness. Super Rugby as it was had to go. In all likelihood after 2021, it'll be 5 Aus, 5 NZ plus 2 other sides, one of which will be likely to come from Japan. Far more exciting rugby, and better time zones. I won't miss staying up till 3 in the morning watching the SA games. Being a Brumbies fan however, we usually did pretty well against SA sides.
I'm a Brumbies fan too and I agree with you. Yes, Australia can handle 5 sides in Super Rugby. Keep the 5 that played in Super Rugby AU. Western Force has a good fan base. 2 other sides from the Pacific is fine by me too. :cool: Don't feel bad, in America all the Super Rugby games are on at early/late hours. So I lose a lot of sleep. Lets' Go Brumbies!

Last edited:
Full Time - Reds 25 Rebels 13

So the Reds will play the Brumbies in the Super Rugby AU championship on Saturday, September 19.

Last edited:

Latest posts