• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Pacific (2022)

Fiji dura released their jersey…it's another blue one…seven of the 12 teams will have blue home jerseys and maybe moana's too as all the supporter gear they've released is blue

Alternate jerseys have become the most interesting thing as in the last few years there have been so many clashes we've worm them more than home ones

View attachment 12520
I showed it to my wife and she knew right off that it's what I want for my birthday in April. It looks great, the colors have a cool South Pacific vibe. :cool: Go Drua!

Nz jerseys released early on eu adidas site, maroon is back!

1638526652673.png

1638526709475.png

1638526737383.png

1638526776158.png

Landers away kit looks like a Spain Foortball one from a few years ago imo
Yeah, I can see that, weve just had **** away jerseys for so long I'm not going to complain that it's too bright…in fact they're all very bright so they might look different IRL

Annoys me when both teams uniforms have very similar colours... should be up to the away teams to make sure they wear jerseys etc with different colours & tones, so you an easily see the diff, making the game a better watch.

Annoys me when both teams uniforms have very similar colours... should be up to the away teams to make sure they wear jerseys etc with different colours & tones, so you an easily see the diff, making the game a better watch.
It annoys me too. I've seen it done in Super Rugby a few times and I remember seeing it happen in PRO 14 (now URC) once. :oops:

Just like NFL rules.

You there not supposed to, that's why we have change jerseys, when it occurred they've been **** ups, hence why we had new away jerseys last year because the what's before everyone had those silly blue/teal ones that clashed with any other blue team

all released now, blues with two jerseys with blue on them and sticking with the big green square, this includes training jerseys and a pic of Ajaz Patel after his 10 wicket haul!

1638739230439.png

You there not supposed to, that's why we have change jerseys, when it occurred they've been **** ups, hence why we had new away jerseys last year because the what's before everyone had those silly blue/teal ones that clashed with any other blue team
You can have both teams with different colours, but both might have dark tones, which from a distance makes it difficult to tell the diff between teams... common sense approach would be if one team had a darker colour jersey & the other a lighter pastel colour, it would make it very easy to see which one is your team.

You can have both teams with different colours, but both might have dark tones, which from a distance makes it difficult to tell the diff between teams... common sense approach would be if one team had a darker colour jersey & the other a lighter pastel colour, it would make it very easy to see which one is your team.
i dont think anyone is arguing with you, even the designers would say when they have clashed it has been a mistake, its not revolutionary to say jersey's shouldn't clash

i dont think anyone is arguing with you, even the designers would say when they have clashed it has been a mistake, its not revolutionary to say jersey's shouldn't clash
The same silly mistake continues to happen every year though... the ones that need to change their uniform so teams don't clash are the away teams... it's an easy fix, all they need to do is have a darker colour jersey & a lighter pastel one, just use the one that doesn't clash with the home team.

That's good news, I'm a Fiji fan in waiting. :cool: I think Fiji will be in the AU division or whatever it's going to be called and Pasifika will be in the NZ division. Just a guess...

View attachment 10592
Apologies for the major off topic, but looking at this map the thing that strikes me is New Caledonia, literally in the middle of the theoretical Super Rugby Pacific territory. I know Drua and Pasifika will be playing home games in Aus and NZ but I would have thought some common interests might be at play (French player development plus Aus/NZ wanting new TV markets/money, of which France is renowned).

New Caledonia is French controlled (not uncontroversially). 40% of the population (around 100,000 people) are indigenous Kanaks, who are Melanesian, like Fijians (see Vahaamahina of France as an example). Another 30%+ are white French (also not unaccustomed to an aptitude for rugby).

Apparently the main sport on the island is football, with rugby a bit of an afterthought and unlike Fijians, Tongans and Samoans I can't see any sizeable Kanak migrant population in NZ and Aus. Plus French club rugby is in a healthy state and doesn't really need a Super Rugby franchise for either financial, fan or talent development reasons (although it might be the sort of project that might help different ethnicities in New Caledonia get along better, which I imagine would be a French political objective).

So I am confident New Caledonia (and Vanuatu, an independent nation, also Melanesian) will never become involved in Super Rugby Pacific, but it does seem strange to have a place in this location that screams out like it should be a major rugby hotbed being a bit of an irrelevance in rugby terms. [/off topic]

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this tournament and seeing what the two new teams can bring to the party on and off the field. Roll on February 18th.

Preview of the teams in advance of the start this weekend.

My main interests are going to be:

- was the Crusaders being toppled just a blip?
- will a non-NZ side manage to secure a home QF?
- will any Oz side finish ahead of any NZ side?
- will Drua and Pasifika capture much support for their home games?
- will Drua and Pasifika finally improve their national sides' attacking and defensive mauls?

I think the Drua could be a big draw, but I'm less convinced by Pasifika. Still, great to see other Tier2 nations getting fully pro sides and I think I'd be surprised and disappointed if they ended up as clearly the weakest (but I don't expect either to make the QFs).

I'll be supporting the PIs primarily, with the Force and my brothers in Dunedin as my soft picks either side of the Tasman.

I wonder if Solomon alaimalo would have been better off at a different franchise, just speculating. Just thinking, someone who has had anxiety issues relating to competing and trying to be the best, live up to expectations, in top level sport, is probably not suited to the super competitive and serious nature of tony brown. Tony brown is great, no doubt, the type of guy who can lift good players to make them very good or even great players. He of course was someone without the same level of natural talent as others but was super hardcore abd that made him great. Solomon isn't a slacker, but he has immense talent and that makes him quite different. The weight of expectation isn't something tony brown knows. I'm sure he respects and cares about Solomon's situation, I'm just not sure his coaching will ever be the right fit for solomon.

It's a pretty random and speculative, uninformed, rant, I admit. I just feel for soloman, hope he is ok, and hope he does manage to play super rugby again and enjoy doing so.

On the rugby, I'm excited about that chiefs highlanders game. The chiefs team looks pretty good on paper. A very strong bench, including an all black front row plus brad weber. First games are more about which team is coming into the season with the most cohesion though, and you'd have to think the oldies at the highlanders could be useful in that respect.

Preview of the teams in advance of the start this weekend.

My main interests are going to be:

- was the Crusaders being toppled just a blip?
- will a non-NZ side manage to secure a home QF?
- will any Oz side finish ahead of any NZ side?
- will Drua and Pasifika capture much support for their home games?
- will Drua and Pasifika finally improve their national sides' attacking and defensive mauls?

I think the Drua could be a big draw, but I'm less convinced by Pasifika. Still, great to see other Tier2 nations getting fully pro sides and I think I'd be surprised and disappointed if they ended up as clearly the weakest (but I don't expect either to make the QFs).

I'll be supporting the PIs primarily, with the Force and my brothers in Dunedin as my soft picks either side of the Tasman.
Can't really say the crusaders were toppled given they didn't lose a game. So you can hardly say they had a blip last year if they win this year. Simply it wasn't a competition to find the best team, it was a competition to find the two teams who could get the most bonus point victories and then out of those who was the best.

In terms of quarterfinal positions and australian teams compared to NZ teams, it really depends on how many easy games the reds and brumbies get compared to the worst NZ teams. Both teams could well improve having gone through last years experience.

Yeah don't know how much support drua and moana will get. But I doubt they will have much impact on national sides.

Latest posts