Super Rugby Pacific (2023)

Kiwiwomble

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

Highlanders - Pretty hard to get excited about next year, little change from the team that struggled this year

Crusaders

Hurricanes

Chiefs

Blues

Al Bangor

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Brave Lupus

I'm looking forward to the second season of Drua action in SRP. Seeing them play at home in Fiji is at the top of my rugby bucket list. đź‘Š Go Drua!

Last edited:

Kiwiwomble

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

also add, just another sign of how poorly run super rugby is, this could have been a big day where all teams announce their squads....but NZR just go and do their own thing just further enforcing the disjointed nature of the competition

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Hurricanes

also add, just another sign of how poorly run super rugby is, this could have been a big day where all teams announce their squads....but NZR just go and do their own thing just further enforcing the disjointed nature of the competition
I would have thought silver lake might have started having an influence but nope.

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Hurricanes

A few players missing out without explanation. Would be good if we got some explanation. Sione mafileo for one. Googled around and found out he's had some pretty scary neck issues but sounded like he was still hoping to play. Could have changed his mind, or might just not have been selected.

Kiwiwomble

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

A few players missing out without explanation. Would be good if we got some explanation. Sione mafileo for one. Googled around and found out he's had some pretty scary neck issues but sounded like he was still hoping to play. Could have changed his mind, or might just not have been selected.
jackson garden bachop had a good NPC i thought and am surprised hes missed out, im assuming hes actually got a gig overseas

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Hurricanes

jackson garden bachop had a good NPC i thought and am surprised hes missed out, im assuming hes actually got a gig overseas
Apparently the hurricanes told him at the end of the super rugby season that he wasn't going to have his contract renewed. He managed to get a deal with a Japanese club halfway through the npc season. Probably could have been useful at the highlanders, who should have also picked PUJ and had two set of brothers

Kiwiwomble

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Otago

agreed, i would be happier with JGB and hunt as first choice 10's and Millar as an apprentice, banks is past it (as much as i like him)

Latest posts