• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby - Trans Tasman (Round 3)

Pretty poor display by williams (the ref) players being pulled back into rucks and then being penalised for not rolling away, players on their own side of rucks being penalised for it rolling away, he was guessing most of this game

1622358574583.png

Williams also missed two potentially red card plays that happened right in front of him, and failed to send a player off when awarding a penalty try.

The man's never actually read the rulebook.

Williams also missed two potentially red card plays that happened right in front of him, and failed to send a player off when awarding a penalty try.

The man's never actually read the rulebook.
what were the two red cards? To'omua's high shot?

what were the two red cards? To'omua's high shot?
And the no arms tackle (shoulder charge) on Powell after hed kicked the ball.

More likely a yellow, but its still potentially a red.

And the no arms tackle (shoulder charge) on Powell after hed kicked the ball.

More likely a yellow, but its still potentially a red.
can you remember when that was? wouldn't mind seeing who did it....probably sio

i found your post mentioning it from the other match thread, this is the only tackle on powell i could find for a while before that

nareki.jpg

At this point, the blues and hurricanes are lokking like the only hope if preventing the crusaders fron making the final, and it looks like bith teams will need binus point victories in their last two games. Not convinced it will happen though. Both still have to play the reds, and the canes have to play the brumbies.

i like how the canes schedule was/is to play the aussie teams in reverse irder if how good they are, so they can build up to playing the best. Although it would pribably have been highly beneficial to play the reds before they got smashed bu the crusaders, because they look like a better team now. Facing the finalists in week one is a good draw i guess.

i found your post mentioning it from the other match thread, this is the only tackle on powell i could find for a while before that

View attachment 11035
Yeah that looks like it. Arms tucked in and leading with the shoulder, ref watching with a clean view.

At the very least you get the TMO to have a squiz.

Yeah that looks like it. Arms tucked in and leading with the shoulder, ref watching with a clean view.

At the very least you get the TMO to have a squiz.
cant post a video, had to use phone to take the pic of the stan app, but at normal speed looks like his left arm is wrapping, looked pretty text book around the waist to me

cant post a video, had to use phone to take the pic of the stan app, but at normal speed looks like his left arm is wrapping, looked pretty text book around the waist to me
Didnt seem that way to me but that is sort of beside the point.

dont want to start anything but why would it be beside the point?

I also found it interesting hiw quickly and easiky the reds were able ti copy the crusaders and inprove because of it. I was thinking during the game how uncannily they all if a sudden looked like the crusaders and how they must have learnt from them, and it was good to hear them say it in the post match.

Latest posts