• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Slo-Mo

H

Haysie

I reckon that the Super Slo-Motion camera that has been introduced into most sports in the last 3 years is fantastic! There was a superb (2mins...?) video on Channel 7 this evening featuring weightlifting, marathon, javelin, shooting and other sports. I'd love to be able to source a copy of this if possible, if you know how please PM me or just hit the thread up :D

Channel 4's "ultra-motion" (i.e. Super Slow Mo) introduced in time for the Ashes 2005 was absolutely genius. At the end of the series, they produced a montage of slo-mo clips to a lovely piece of classical music.

Also, French Television's use of mixing Super Slo-mo with high speed (showing the clip slo-mo before suddenly speeding up and then slo-mo again) is absolutely brilliant. Best clip from that was Michalak's controversial break against the All Blacks in RWC 2007. The fast paced start of him breaking away followed by the frantic attempt at a tap tackle being shown in super slo-mo before speeding up again for the offload.

I remember seeing that one with Michalak as well. Looks awesome when they slow it down and you see the bits of grass getting kicked up.

Man I thought we'd be on the moon or mars by now or have flying cars but they're only just getting super slo motion replay.

Prez, do you know where to find the Michalak video or any of the other ultra-motion videos?

Man I thought we'd be on the moon or mars by now or have flying cars but they're only just getting super slo motion replay.
[/b]
:lol: It's a start....

Prez, do you know where to find the Michalak video or any of the other ultra-motion videos?
[/b]
I have the michalak try as an avatar on my old account here. I'll find it if you want....

And here it is:

jauziontryvidnb8.gif

If you look very closely, you can see ultra-slo-mo. :eek:

There is only one replay and that is Rugby Dump's one.

Sadly its got the terrible triumvirate of New Zealand commentary instead of la qualité et fantastique commentaire provided by France's dynamic commentating duo.

Seriously, "OOUUUUUUUIIIIIII! OOOOUUUUUUIIII!" beats "..meh...try.." any day. Then again, thats the Anglo-Saxon world, classic understatement against Gallic bombastic excitement.

They should try filming rugby with a high speed 1million FPS cam and slow it down. I'd pay good money to watch that

Latest posts