• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Superstar is a must for 09!

Why not, improved features will eventually boost sales on the long term. And because our sport is neglected to the largest degree I feel EA (HB-studios) owes the rugby gaming community, I mean really three years is a wide time-span to develop better features and all they can come up with is (creative scoring).

This feature will definitely add to the lack of depth and will certainly incorporate longevity into the franchise.

But issues with the feature concerning finance, technicalities and development has to be sorted out first.

But on the long run eventually it will be cost-effective.

Why not, improved features will eventually boost sales on the long term. And because our sport is neglected to the largest degree I feel EA (HB-studios) owes the rugby gaming community, I mean really three years is a wide time-span to develop better features and all they can come up with is (creative scoring).

This feature will definitely add to the lack of depth and will certainly incorporate longevity into the franchise.

But issues with the feature concerning finance, technicalities and development has to be sorted out first.

But on the long run eventually it will be cost-effective.

[/b]
no it won't. the sale increase will be small because most people buy the game wether its different to the last one or not.

Why will you continue to buy a game that has the same miserable features year after year. I mean won't you be keener to buy a game that has fresh ideas, new features like superstar, create-a-fan etc. more fans of the game will rush to the shops to buy the game because they are excited about the new game. In the process sales will slowly but surely increase.

gameplay is much more important than a superstar feature - improve the gameplay so the game is actually challenging and realistic, then think about the gimics

Maybe this 'cash in' game is as most of you has said, is just to make the more money for development for the next game perhaps? maybe they didn't want to spend too much on this but enough to make a few bucks and thus having more money to develop a even super ultra megatron of a rugby 09?

Why will you continue to buy a game that has the same miserable features year after year. I mean won't you be keener to buy a game that has fresh ideas, new features like superstar, create-a-fan etc. more fans of the game will rush to the shops to buy the game because they are excited about the new game. In the process sales will slowly but surely increase. [/b]
why do millions by every version of madden? simply because they love the sport and slight improvements and a lack of other options (who else makes rugby games? don't say rugby challenge because its got no licenses and gameplay more akin to the orignal playstation) i love rugby and have enjoyed every version of it from ea (even 2004 for alittle while) i'd still pay the same amount because like many i'll buy it with or without the new ideas. these things are expensive to implement and in rugby's case is not going to lead to a significant sales increase.

I understand where you are coming from. And I am probably going to buy it too. But Madden at least has some depth. Do you call a World League and Creative scoring depth. But if you and many others buy the game EA are definetely generating profits and I assure you with a three-year-old game engine that has been the same year after year with microscopical tweaks, EA can plough their finances into better features like the topic we are discussing with you and many others that support them financially. And like Candybum said maybe this is just a cash-in to let rugby 09 explode ont he market with great new features.

I understand where you are coming from. And I am probably going to buy it too. But Madden at least has some depth. Do you call a World League and Creative scoring depth. But if you and many others buy the game EA are definetely generating profits and I assure you with a three-year-old game engine that has been the same year after year with microscopical tweaks, EA can plough their finances into better features like the topic we are discussing with you and many others that support them financially. And like Candybum said maybe this is just a cash-in to let rugby 09 explode ont he market with great new features.

[/b]
candybum just sounds desperate. there may be some big changes when they go next gen but the cash in idea doesn't make mush sense. ea don't need to "cash in" because they have tons of resources and could afford to add in the extras but right now they don't think its worth it. ea doesn't make significant profits this is a multi million dollar company and if it wanted to put more money in it could but even you admit you'll probably buy it anyway.

It is the Rugby World Cup 2007, it only happens once every 4 years, and this is the first time they got the official license and I think their timing is perfect because this happened in a World Cup Year. So for me the odds are that this is a major cash-in as several other members have stated in previous posts. And aren't we all desperate for a decent rugby game, I know I am.

Latest posts