• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Supersub CJ`s 40-metre romp against the Bulls!

B

BokMagic

What about that one? Supersub CJ VD Linde, in the guise of a reserve Cheetah prop, receiving the ball out wide, sprinting a full 40metres, outpacing the Bulls cover defence(I always said Johan Roets is too slow for fullback?), stepping beautifully inside a couple of defenders, to score under the sticks.

That was his 2nd prop try from the bench in the 1st 2 rounds. Apparently all CJ has to do now is work on his fielding of the up-and-unders, and develop his grubber-kicks, and he`ll be the finished article on the left wing. Bryan Habana is apparently very concerned already, even faking an injury in order to spend 7 weeks on intensive physical conditioning(fishing here...) in order to bulk up to the necessary 130kg in order to retain his place in the Bok line-up.

I'm with BokMagik on this one.
An absolute storming try, i couldn't believe what i was seeing and his step in field passed the full back, i believem was just dream worthy.

Bravo

Llanelli from 40m out, turning a fullback inside-out. Ah, the good old days...

So supersub CJ does it again- coming on the 2nd half, getting the ball out on the left wing, his preferred position nowadays. That try vs England, although just a stroll over the line, was his 2nd in his last 2 tests. Must be a shoe-in for leading try-scoring prop in the RWC in Nov.

Seriously though, I just love to see a big prop dive over the line. One of the finest sights in rugby IMO.

C'mon... Every team, amateur or pro, has a front-row player who just loved to get on the wing to score easy tries. Its frickin' law.

Thats what I'm talking about!

Gone are the days of the fat slow props!
Now we are lightning quick and still fat!

Deadly!

Latest posts