• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Supporting More Than One Team? Yes or No?

Is It Okay To Support More Than One Team?

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Sep 21 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Us welsh have a tendency to practice tribalism alot and its not just rugby. Its rivalry between towns, its streets your next door neighbours, the lot.[/b]

haha thats true - we've got everyone surrounding us hating us its so sad its quite funny.
we got Cwmcarn on one side, Basseleg and Avon on the other and we're in the middle of them all

I tend to just support the underdog in every match. I like to see that little dog have its day. Unless the dog is called samoa or fiji and they're against wales. :wacko:

Okay for mine to support multiple teams

International Rugby

All Blacks, Wallabies (when not playing the ABs)

Super 14

Waratahs, my home province don't have a team and our players are spread out through the NZ franchises/

ANZC

The mighty Hawke's Bay!

Cricket

The Black Caps

Anyone playing the Aussies, just can't stand the direction this pack of bogans have gone in since Warne got involved.

Soccer/Football

Mariners in the "A" league, Chelsea in the Brit Premier league.

AFL

Sydney Swans

Carlton (family ties to that club).

NRL

Warriors

Central Coast Bears (from 2011 hopefully).

Super 14

Reds, Brumbies, Hurricanes, Bulls.

International

Australia, South Africa, Fiji, Japan, Tonga and Samoa.

Soccer

Charlton........

AFL

WUT?

NRL

Warriors.

Union

Lions, England, Richmond, Saracens.

Wales, Scotland & Ireland ought to lose whenever they play anyone. Whenever they play each other, I chose the underdog to support. SA and NZ ought to lose unless they're playing those Celtic teams.

League

Great Britain/ England, Harlequins RL.

I like Melbourne Storm because they have Greg Inglis. I can't help but admire Australia.

Cricket

England, Middlesex.

Football

England, Aston Villa

I don't support but I always want Internazionale (Italy) and Allianza Lima (Peru) to win. Soft spot for my local team QPR.

I always want Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Milan and Real Madrid to lose.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 25 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I always want ... Newcastle .... to lose.[/b]

See you next season mate ... B)

P.S: in most rugby forums, I've hardly come across a NH poster who supports Wasps / London Irish / Harlequins or Worcester?? Dont they have computers in their area?? :p

and gingergenius, I think you're the first Villa supporter I've come across. In another forum that I frequent, most of the posters are Liverpool fans, followed by Arsenal, then Man Utd.... of the others, 1 for Newcastle (me), 1 for Everton, 1 for Man City and 1 for Sunderland.
Same in other forums...heavily populated by scousers..

Technically you can support more than one team.
I am from South Africa (living in Australia), so the Springboks are in my blood... But now I also 'support' the Wallabies.
But it's not the same. I don't think you can feel the equal love or passion for both teams.

If South Africa loses, it's like a death in the family (a lot of deaths lately hey?). <_<
But if Australia loses, it doesn't bother me that much.

But in the Super 14, it's much easier to support more than one team. I'm a Stormer, but will support any other South African team. After them it is the Western Force & Waratahs.

Yet in the end it's all just about rugby. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Nov 25 2009, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 25 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always want ... Newcastle .... to lose.[/b]

P.S: in most rugby forums, I've hardly come across a NH poster who supports Wasps / London Irish / Harlequins or Worcester?? Dont they have computers in their area?? :p

[/b][/quote]
I've only met one person who has admitted supporting Wasps :p
Worcester are my second team, as they're the closest to where i live, and family ties, but my dads from up north, and he got me into rugby, so i've supported Sale since i started to take an interest in it

Latest posts