Swordfish Games turn a new corner

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by jinxed_nz, Mar 26, 2008.

1. jinxed_nz

jinxed_nz Guest

It was recently announced that Swordfish Games are developing the ne 50 Cent game. called 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

Heres the original artical from MTV.

OH GOD!!!!! WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS!!!!!!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Because Bulletproof was kak and it still became a multimillion seller

4. Sadly, because Vivendi tell them to. They call the shots and not Swordfish. Their sports days died with RC06 I'm afraid. They were working on Cold Winter when I was there for the day and all the indications I was getting was that sort of game would be their future.

Very sad that one of the best sports games teams in the world are stuck making a game about some gobshite who would get his teeth knocked out in one punch in a St Helens pub, gun or not.

5. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

[/quote] some gobshite who would get his teeth knocked out in one punch in a St Helens pub, gun or not. [/quote]

I so wish that would happen..

6. woosaah

woosaah Guest

vivendi is looking at trying to outbid EA for Take Two Interactive (GTA fame) that would be interesting if they could do that.

7. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

If they encourage games like that then I'd prefer EA to get Take-Two. The lesser of two evils?

8. jinxed_nz

jinxed_nz Guest

Wow really!! that would be interesting. It is basically making the gaming industry mature too early tho. The gaming industry needs more competition at this stage because haveing just two massive firms running the show isnt going to help anyone apart from those who wana make shitty games like this 50 cent one.

9. esoj

esoj Guest

vivendi call the shots and pay the bills. the swordfish guys have to do what they are told or be without a job. it is sad since they are obviously talented game developers especially in the sports field but for now they are stuck doing 50 cent type games.

10. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Hopefully one, or some, or all of them are doing a tiny bit of rugby gaming development on the sly or as a hobby. However they may also be realising that EA rugby is slowly getting too far ahead for them to catch up. The only way to beat then would be to go the other way from motion capture and have true hit dynamics....a bit like their JLR. Gee remember those try saving tackles in the corner? Anyway all that in itself sounds like a huge job....by the time they get some sort of a decent engine developed for it we would be on Play Station 5 graphics....so it is like time goes by and hobbies without real finance and human resources get left in the basement.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!