• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

tap kick & score?

K

kabuto

hi
I am looking online video footage of a game move that resulted in a try....

I am sure it was the Springboks playing the All Black, in South Africa .......maybe 2 years ago
A plenalty was given to the Springboks about 30 metres out from the line, the springbok player pointed to the posts but said to the ref "we wont take a shot at goal"......the All Blcks assumed they were taking a shot at goal and turned their backs and walked away......springboks did a quick tap and scored.....

can anyone help me find that particular game????
thanks in advance

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kabuto @ Jan 12 2010, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hi
I am looking online video footage of a game move that resulted in a try....

I am sure it was the Springboks playing the All Black, in South Africa .......maybe 2 years ago
A plenalty was given to the Springboks about 30 metres out from the line, the springbok player pointed to the posts but said to the ref "we wont take a shot at goal"......the All Blcks assumed they were taking a shot at goal and turned their backs and walked away......springboks did a quick tap and scored.....

can anyone help me find that particular game????
thanks in advance[/b]

I do remember something like this happening in a boks vs All Blacks match a while ago. I dont think the try counted, but wasn't it Byron Kelleher for the All Blacks that tried to do this? I know I remember watching this game, and I think it resulted in a re take of the penalty, but Im not sure what team did it.

can't say that i remember it, sorry. I do remember the Irish scoring a tap kick and try against us after the ref told John Smit to go talk to his men, though. Cunning.

I also remember a Fiji game (possibly against France) where the Fiji boys had turned their back after the ref had pointed to the uprights indicating a kick at goal only to watch helplessly as the opposition took a quick tap and send their winger over in the corner.

and the fooking ref awarded the try... :redcard:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juggernaut @ Feb 5 2010, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I also remember a Fiji game (possibly against France) where the Fiji boys had turned their back after the ref had pointed to the uprights indicating a kick at goal only to watch helplessly as the opposition took a quick tap and send their winger over in the corner.

and the fooking ref awarded the try... :redcard:[/b]

Sorry 'bout that... :eek:

Sneeky, sneeky.

I might try it out myself. Then again I might end up looking very stupid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommybear @ Mar 25 2010, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sneeky, sneeky.

I might try it out myself. Then again I might end up looking very stupid.[/b]
Gay try!
When we play touch/small games in training, if you score one of these it's considered a gay try, and it get's disallowed :p

Latest posts