• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Taranaki v Hawke's bay

yeah, Elliot had an awesome game, i think he deserves super rugby and even an all black spot but its gonna be hard because the hurricanes already have Hore who had a lot of all black experience so of course he's already in, and then they have Coles who's been playing well too. then the blues have mealamu, highlanders have rutledge, crusaders have flynn and chiefs have de malmanche, so it sucks even though Elliot is playing so well, unless he makes the ab's end of year tour the most he can hope for is a reserves spot on a super rugby team.

Fotuali'i was great as well, better than the other first five they had. be interesting to see where he'll be in the super 15 as well. Taranaki did well to get back in the game in the last few mins, but they were kinda lucky :D

I think Elliot will be picked up by the Chiefs squad and with some luck he will get plenty of game time.
Personally I rate Elliot high then De Malmanche.

Elliot is awesome. If it was for me to decide I'd try to snatch him up North to play in Montpellier. Same game style...

I didn't watch the whole thing there was about 15min left to go when I stoped watching but the Magpies looked like they were on another level. Unless I missed some other tries David Smiths was something special he made something out of nothing. Elliot is carving up right now and he's worth a look for sure especially if Hore isn't back in time for the EOYT.

Latest posts