Tate to the Warriors?

Discussion in 'NRL / Southern Hemisphere' started by woosaah, May 30, 2007.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4078163a1823.html

cricky didnt know anything about this, what do you guys think?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. candybum

candybum Guest

damn can the warriors afford him?????? lol but at who's expence?

4. shiznit

shiznit Guest

yeah ive known about this for a couple of months. hodges is off-contract too... i would rather spend my money on him.
    $400,000PY is a F*cken joke. the guys worth $300,000 tops. what a waste of money....

5. esoj

esoj Guest

yeah heard about this and also heard warriors offered up to 450k. josh hannay is rumoured to be the back-up incase the tate deal goes through. warriors should be reasonable for money having released vuna and unlikely to re-sign byrne gatis martin swann. only martin I think is really any chance of being signed. warriors also have options on several other players and some proabbly won't be renewed. won't havoe a lot of money but enough I think to get 1 or 2 big signings if they choose to

6. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4078163a1823.html

:)

7. melon

melon Guest

Of the 3 big-name-broncos that are off contract, that being Justin Hodges, Shaun Berrigan and Brent Tate, Justin Hodges is tipped to stay, Shaun Berrigan is a bit 50/50 and Brent Tate is a certainty to go.

8. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

Hope he replaces that winger (Manu Fatuvei or something) who had a shocker against the Eels last week.

9. woosaah

woosaah Guest

i thought he played really well

<<<<< eels suporter :D

10. Wellycane

Wellycane Guest

Yeah Manu Vatuvei. He played a big part in the Warriors loss to the Eels. But I wouldn't write him off, he is still a good league player and hopefully he will find his form again. I mean he will.

11. melon

melon Guest

Yes, Tate has signed for 3 years with the Warriors. But you calling for him to replace Manu Vatuvai for having one terrible game. Come on now, thats stupid. Manu is a pretty damn good player and all he has to do is find his form again which won't take long at all and he'll be fine.

Tate is a wonderful signing for the Warriors. Although I'm a Broncos supporter through and through, I can't wait to see how Tate adapts to the Warriors style of play. I reckon he'll be an absolute try scoring machine!

12. danger

danger Guest

waste of money...

13. melon

melon Guest

Explain why.

14. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Vatuvai has been **** all season, The Eels game was just him hitting rock bottom.

15. melon

melon Guest

Danger...are you going to explain why Tate is a waste of money? Please don't provide me with your standard 2 word posts either.

16. TuneOnASpoon

TuneOnASpoon Guest

I think needs a change of scenery to get back to his best. Like many of the Broncos he seems complacent during games and seemingly satisfied with mediocrity. I think a trip across the ditch will bring out the best in him.

17. blaze

blaze Guest

average signing

18. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Because thats over a tenth of the salary cap spent on a guy with an ironing board down his shirt who they overpaid by a $100,000. The Warriors still need some halves (although hopefully Rovelli can finally return to last years form) and some second rowers, not a centre who is a ball hog.

19. esoj

esoj Guest

halves for the warriors are all signed through to 2009 so they have to hope the likes of rovelli etc come good. warriors did need a centre and tate isn't half bad either. mannering belongs in the forwards and he will be there next year I think with the signing of tate and louie anderson leaving. warriors were also supposedly going after hannay incase the tate deal fell apart.

warriors desperately need a ball playing backrower to spark something in attack. the likes of anderson luck koopu while good workhorses are very average in terms of being able too offload or do anything interesting on attack. there is a rumour going around that wiki might be retiring either this week or at the end of the season due to a neck injury so that should free up cash for a backrower if true.

20. EMO_24

EMO_24 Guest

Tate should be good for the Warriors. He can be hot and cold though.

21. titokuwaru

titokuwaru Guest

Tate will be a great asset to the warriors he has a ton of speed and great defender.
    Id prefer him than vatuvai who always seems to drop the ball.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!