• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team of the Six Nations

Anyone think that maybe Parisse looked good BECAUSE Italy were so bad?

Not saying he was, but its possible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Mar 24 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 23 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why select Thom Evans? He's good by Scottish standards, but I really don't think he's all he's cracked up to be.[/b]

He was one of the best wingers in the tourni. He made lots of breaks and scored too. That's what you want isn't it?
[/b][/quote]

scored? against Italy hardly counts.

I'm not Bowe's greatest fan but he's a better player than Evans. Watch the angles Fitzgerald cuts, the way he goes looking for the ball. Watch the defensive capabilities of Cueto, or the sheer invention of Medard.

If I want to pick a fast guy who makes breaks, I'll have Sackey or Monye... two players who've played this 6N who would dick Evans over 100m.
[/b][/quote]

Just cause Evans was tap tackled by Monye he's now a slug? hes not the quickest over 100m but hes in the top 3 or 4 in the championship which is worth something. He could have quite easily scored 4 tries in this championship, remarkable considering the guys in our backline. He's very creative to, better than Medard (who is overated) the English wingers. Hes probably on par with the Irish wingers with a tad more pace.
[/b][/quote]

I'd like to know who in the world rates Medard high enough for you to say he's overrated. He was the top french try scorer in last year's top 14 and for his first season in the championship he managed to be the first choice (as a winger / fullback) in probably the second or third best club in Europe.
In spite of all that you barely ever see him on tv and basically nobody knows him outside Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_eOZzd-M4c...player_embedded

Overrated is probably not the right word <_<

Agreed with elgringo. It's the equivalent of calling Halfpenny or James O'Connor overrated...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 25 2009, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone think that maybe Parisse looked good BECAUSE Italy were so bad?

Not saying he was, but its possible.[/b]
Hmmm. They do field him half the time at full back, running deep kicks back to midfield. So he gets plenty of ball time and everyone thinks he's a penetrating runner.

My team for the Six Nations would have to be as follows:

15. Armitage
14. Cueto
13. O'Driscoll
12. Flutey
11. Medard
10. Jones
9. Phillips
1. Jenkins
2. Szarewski
3. Hayes
4. Wyn Jones
5. O'Connell
6. Ferris
7. Dusautoir
8. Parisse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ma04hew @ Mar 25 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My team for the Six Nations would have to be as follows:

15. Armitage
14. Cueto
13. O'Driscoll
12. Flutey
11. Medard
10. Jones
9. Phillips
1. Jenkins
2. Szarewski
3. Hayes
4. Wyn Jones
5. O'Connell
6. Ferris
7. Dusautoir
8. Parisse[/b]

Exactly the same as mine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 24 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Contrastingly, you could say Heaslip played well because his entire pack did.[/b]

Dont answer my question with a question! Nahhh your right, but in Heaslips defense he was clearly one of the reasons the pack performed better. He was excellent in the loose, but they were just highlights. Some of the work at the breakdown was excellent.

I think Parisse is better than Heaslip so I didnt mean to turn it into that. I'm just wondering if Parisse is getting all the credit for the good things he did, without anyone pointing at the not so good. Back handed reverse passes on his own 22 that missed (turnover) and other marginal things he shouldnt really be trying (its only the right decision when they work ;) )

15. Armitage
14. Cueto
13. O'Driscoll
12. Flutey
11. Bowe
10. Jones
9. Phillips
1. Jenkins
2. Szarewski
3. Hayes
4. Wyn Jones
5. O'Connell