Team of the Year 2020.

Not Mike Brown's Sock

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Harlequins
What are people's 23 based on this year's performance?

Obviously some players (saffas, Argentinians etc) have played virtually no rugby this year so are at a disadvantage.

This is mine -

8 NZ
6 ENG
1 AUS
4 FRA
1 SA
2 SCO
1 FJI

1. Moody
2. George
3. Tupou
4. Itoje
5. Tuipolotu
6. Curry
7. Aldritt
8. Sototu
9. Dupont
10. Ntamack
11. May
12. Goodhue
13. Vakatwa
14. Clarke
15. Kolbe

16. Cowan dickie
17. Sutherland
18. Tuungafasi
19. J Gray
20. Simmonds
21. Smith
22. Mo'unga
23. Radradra

Last edited:
This year was far too disjointed for me to think of a team but Simmonds stands out as a strange call there.

I reckon Porter has been done dirty too.

This year was far too disjointed for me to think of a team but Simmonds stands out as a strange call there.

I reckon Porter has been done dirty too.
The man has scored 8 tries in 4 games already this season alone!

I struggle to disassociate Porter the rugby player from his lustful quads... Don't know which I enjoyed watching this year

The man has scored 8 tries in 4 games already this season alone!

I struggle to disassociate Porter the rugby player from his lustful quads... Don't know which I enjoyed watching this year
I've never been as jealous of a rugby player for any reason as I am of Andrew Porter's legs/squat form

Voters are clearly biased considering Farrell was nearly at 12. Kinda undermines the team a bit.

Edit: I should have waited until the end. Mako? Sincks? Sinckler even admitted he's been playing nowhere near his best since lockdown. The fact that 7 out of 8 forwards are English and winning by comfortable margins says a lot.

That planet rugby team is gas.

From an Irish pov Ryan and Porter are worth their mentions but Porter probably deserves a starting spot and Ryan is borderline at best after taking a while to find his stride post lockdown.

Aki being anywhere near the team is dumb and while POM had some good performances to finish out the year he doesn't deserve to be ahead of Doris or Stander.

This is a pretty good team, even with a slight NZ bias.
I'd pick CJ Stander at 8, Kolbe at 14, Matsushima at 15 and Radradra instead of Donahue : Ntamack - Radradra - Vakatawa is a frightful prospect for any defense o_O

What are people's 23 based on this year's performance?

Obviously some players (saffas, Argentinians etc) have played virtually no rugby this year so are at a disadvantage.

This is mine -

8 NZ
6 ENG
1 AUS
4 FRA
1 SA
2 SCO
1 FJI

1. Moody
2. George
3. Tupou
4. Itoje
5. Tuipolotu
6. Curry
7. Aldritt
8. Sototu
9. Dupont
10. Ntamack
11. May
12. Goodhue
13. Vakatwa
14. Clarke
15. Kolbe

16. Cowan dickie
17. Sutherland
18. Tuungafasi
19. J Gray
20. Simmonds
21. Smith
22. Mo'unga
23. Radradra
5. Tuipolotu

based on SRA form, sure...never really fired during the internationals

without watching im going to make the wild guess that Kiwis didn't make the cut...lets find out!

edit: Goodhue gets a mention for "adapting well to 12"...every kiwi ive talked to this year has been pulling hair out about how he "is NOT a 12!" and midfield was the AB's weakest link...funny how different people see things differently

Last edited:

Latest posts