• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team Rankings - Full list & Overall ratings

The reason no NH players come down here is cos we don't need to fill our playing stocks - there is already alevel of class the Heineken Cup cannot emulate.
Nope

The Reason why no NH player come to the SH to play rugby is that they don't need to do it.........They've got great competitions in here, big money and fame......why bother traveling 10000 km and leave you relatives when you can play where you are.

This Debate is useless, you said it earlier, you get Heineken cup but you don't watch it because you say it's boring.........that's your point of view. I get S12 and i watch it anytime because I LIKE RUGBY.

Now assuming that Toulouse, Paris, Leicester or London WASPS woud'nt win a game against a S12 team is like assuming no NH international team could win the World cup.
( Yes it actually happened, the rugby World champions are from the NH)
Seems unlikely on paper but you know what: it's rugby.....it ain't science......you never know.

Now if you want to keep living in denial..........go ahead........who cares anyway.
I don't know where you get your crazy ideas from mate!

I never said that Toulouse etc wouldn't win a game against any Suoper 12 side.

Stop inventing stuff when you're firmly under the cosh...it's dribble.

I am telling you, plain and simple, one more time so you get it....

I watch the NH games, but don't usually last to even half time (this means I am actually watching them)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

it is possible that the reds, cats and perhaps highlanders would get a reasonable fight, on the odd occasion, from a NH team.

99 times out of a hundred however, the Blues, Crusaders, Brumbies, Hurricanes...hell, even the Tahs and Chiefs.....would not just beat you....but humiliate you. We're doing it in forums and we'd sure as hell do it to u on the park.

Can I have the leicester line-up pleae?

Then go and read my post in one of the most recent threads.....then never post again.
Blah blah blah all over again.........

Very interesting post,showing how mature and grown up you are.
(i'm guessing between 15 and 18.)
thanks for stopping by.
Actually, with your peasely posts total - I'll be thanking YOU for stopping by.

15 - 18?

Inches maybe.

Try to decipher the tongue-in-cheek posts from the seriously structured and articulated ones....if your meager mind can manage it (bit of alliteration there for you..hehe)

I notice, again, you have no argument....but to tell me (despite the length of my posts) that I apparently don't have one.

Pretend this is a court of law mate - where we work through hypothetical scenarios.....

Evidence mate...E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E!

I asked for the Leicester line-up not some half-assed reply from a chump with a single figure IQ. Send your next fellow NH to my chopping block and crawl back under that rock buddy......you cheapen this forum.

Man, this is too easy.

For the record, I am in my mid-twenties.
Man you're really getting Off on this one..........wow

You really think you getting something out of this............
i'm getting a big laugh and a good time reading you.
You want names, we have some names of our own on our club teams around here.
i can give it to you, some of them you won't know......
but it won't matter because you think you're so fu**** biased

Stade Français

ARIAS Julien (France under 21)
AURADOU David (France)
BERGAMASCO Mauro (Italy)
BERGAMASCO Mirko (Italy)
BLIN Mathieu (France A)
BROUZET Olivier (France)
CORLETO Ignacio (Argentina)
DE VILLIERS Pieter (France)
DOMINICI Christophe (France)
FILLOL Jérôme (France u 21)
GLAS Stephane (France)
HERNANDEZ Juan (Argentina)
JAMES Mike (Canada)
LIEBENBERG Brian (France)
MARCONNET Sylvain (France)
MARTIN Rémy (France)
MONI Christophe (France)
PICHOT Augustin (Argentina)
QUESADA Gonzalo (Argentina)
SARAMEA Olivier (France)
SKRELA David (France)

Stade Toulousain

BOUILHOU Jean (France)
BRENNAN Trevor (Ireland)
BRU Yannick (France)
CLERC Vincent (France)
COLLAZO Patrice (France)
ELISSALDE Jean Baptiste (France)
FRITZ Florien (France A and U-21)
GARBAJOSA Xavier (France)
GERARD David (France A)
HASAN Omar (Argentina)
HEYMANS Cédric (France)
JAUZION Yannick (France)
JEANJEAN Nicolas (France)
LABIT Christian (France)
LAMBOLEY Gregory (France)
MAKA Finau (just so you can say we need your SH players)
MAKA Isitolo
MICHALAK Frederic (France)
PELOUS Fabien (France)
POITRENAUD Clement (France)
POUX Jean Bapstiste (France U-21)
SERVAT William (France)
THOMAS Gareth (Wales

2 club teams, many international players.........not the worst line up you could ask for
Not enough to impress you off course, but just proving great talent is there even tough most of you SH rugby fans don't Know.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 1 2005, 02:24 AM
For the record, I am in my mid-twenties.
Oh god, how sad is that !!!!

Being in your mid twenties and sound like a teenager, that must be tough on your fragile and narrow mind. Don't worry, things change, you'll get old and wiseer someday.
Now you should quit insulting people just because they don't share you're point of view, my 4 year old son does that, you're far to old to behave like this man.

Originally posted by jgough+Feb 28 2005, 10:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jgough @ Feb 28 2005, 10:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Feb 28 2005, 02:35 PM
Fiji are a better side then Samoa, as proven here....

http://www.teivovo.com/results_internation...fiji_samoa.html

Scotland havn't beaten anybody of note for ages (unlike Argentina), so how can they be ranked ahead of the Argies??
Are you serious?!

One match in June 2004, I was expecting a breakdown of their last 15 tests, or at least 5, but one?!

Well Tonga beat Australia once apon a time (during the 70's), so perhaps they should be at least ranked 90 in the game.

Heh
<

Hope that didn't sound harsh, I wasn't meaning it to be.

Jamie Gough [/b]
No point in basing it on years gone by as the teams are changing all the time...........as they don't play that often the only thing you can really go on is the last game between the two...........

You just have to look at the players in each team to come to the conclusion that Fiji has the superior squad..........
<

IRB rankings back me up as well - so wheres your logic???

Well I'll be damned. EA throw out a bunch of silly ratings and it turns this thread into a cock-waving contest about the North and South.

Time, gentlemen, please.

Also, Locks has only received a handful of thanks in what had to be a very, very tedious task in documenting these ratings. Not that he's asking for it, but to scroll through 63 teams . . . well, 61 (where the hell are Leinster and the Lions?) Still, you see what I'm getting at.

reds07, the Lions appear to be locked at first. They are in the game, though from the back cover of the UK boxart, they are the 2001 Lions.

Now, about the ratings -- yes, it looks like EA/HB might have shat something atrocious out, but there possibly might be some reason behind it. I mean, I'm trying to find a reason so bare with me.

I think they went with the overall average of every player on each team. You get a team with a couple players in the lower 90's, but also some players balancing out in the high 50's (maybe their on the bench) and that brings the overall potential rating down.

That's as best as I can see it. I'm probably wrong, but as Quins said, these are probably old ratings anyway.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 1 2005, 07:02 AM
Well I'll be damned.  EA throw out a bunch of silly ratings and it turns this thread into a cock-waving contest about the North and South. 

Time, gentlemen, please.

Also, Locks has only received a handful of thanks in what had to be a very, very tedious task in documenting these ratings.  Not that he's asking for it, but to scroll through 63 teams . . . well, 61 (where the hell are Leinster and the Lions?)  Still, you see what I'm getting at.

reds07, the Lions appear to be locked at first.  They are in the game, though from the back cover of the UK boxart, they are the 2001 Lions.

Now, about the ratings -- yes, it looks like EA/HB might have shat something atrocious out, but there possibly might be some reason behind it.  I mean, I'm trying to find a reason so bare with me. 

I think they went with the overall average of every player on each team.  You get a team with a couple players in the lower 90's, but also some players balancing out in the high 50's (maybe their on the bench) and that brings the overall potential rating down. 

That's as best as I can see it.  I'm probably wrong, but as Quins said, these are probably old ratings anyway.
Nice thought.....however the Canes would look better then most teams if the rating was based that way...........

Current Internationals include: Sooialo, Collins, Hore, Weepu, Umaga, Nonu, Faatau, Smith.............

My thought is that ratings are based on more generalised TEAM abilities such as defense, attack, goal kicking, field kicking.......(ala PES series).

....this would explain the Hurricanes low score as they don't possess a truly quality first five eight/kicker, thus are let down in the kicking side of the ratings.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 1 2005, 07:02 AM
Well I'll be damned. EA throw out a bunch of silly ratings and it turns this thread into a cock-waving contest about the North and South.

Time, gentlemen, please.
see how bad you can turn when frustrated, i've been waiting for this game so long, i'm not my old self anymore.................sorry people. won't happen again
<

Originally posted by Handsomebob+Mar 1 2005, 07:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handsomebob @ Mar 1 2005, 07:28 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Mar 1 2005, 07:02 AM
Well I'll be damned.  EA throw out a bunch of silly ratings and it turns this thread into a cock-waving contest about the North and South. 

Time, gentlemen, please.
see how bad you can turn when frustrated, i've been waiting for this game so long, i'm not my old self anymore.................sorry people. won't happen again
<
[/b]
Aaah what do I know? It's more fun shouting.
<

I mean why are the USA a 47? A 47?

We beat Japan at the World Cup, and in the build up to the cup we scored 60 points on them and they're a 48.

We go down by one point to Fiji and they're a 70?

Though Canada gets the better of us, our matches our closely contested and do not warrant a 13% difference in the ratings! Canada a 60 and us a 47?

And NZL_fan, I was stabbing violently in the dark for a clue about how EA/HB come up with things. I should know better in trying to learn how they think by now.

As someone else mentioned previously the ratings are going to mean jack all when your playing with that team, for the individual player skills wont be affected...(hence Umaga etc will as devastating as in real life - unless HB have stuffed up their individual attributes as well....)

The only problem you will see is if you play a super 12 for instance with the Blues, then teams like the Chiefs/Canes will not fare that well in computer vrs computer games, and will likely be bottom of the table on most occasions.......

I'm certain that the Canes are ranked so low due to the fact they don't have a quality kicker, mixed in with their poor form of last season.......

How EA/Hb came up with these may ever be knowen but my current theory is that it is a form of hybrid system based on international players player abilites and finishing order in super 12 and domestic comps.

Originally posted by esoj@Mar 1 2005, 07:49 AM
How EA/Hb came up with these may ever be knowen but my current theory is that it is a form of hybrid system based on international players player abilites and finishing order in super 12 and domestic comps.
I think it's all what you said, plus whatever teams sounded 'pretty' enough to them to get a higher rating.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Mar 1 2005, 02:41 AM
Leicester Tigers strongest team
1.G.Rowntree
2.G.Schuter
3.D.Morris
4.M.Johnson
5.B.Kay
6.L.Moody
7.N.Back
8.M.Corry
9.H.Ellis
10.A.Goode
11.A.Healey
12.D.Gibson
13.O.Smith
14.L.Lloyd
15.G.Murphy
There's no doubt in my mind that any Super 12 team would blow away that team (the best in the HC, apparently) on any day of the week at any given time at any given place.

That is all, thankyou.

I don't think just any Super 12 team would beat them. The Brumbies or Saders perhaps..

Originally posted by cavan@Mar 1 2005, 08:28 AM
I don't think just any Super 12 team would beat them. The Brumbies or Saders perhaps..
Alright. Who the hell are the Saders? I'm 100% sure any team would be able to.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 28 2005, 05:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 28 2005, 05:53 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 28 2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Feb 28 2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 28 2005, 05:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 27 2005, 05:07 PM
But the fact is that oldies like Reihana, who could never cement a spot in the Abs, are the league's best players! i think that speaks volumes....Blowers this...Reihana that.....they'd get eaten for breakfast.

By who exactly? Martin Johnson got picked up in the tackle by Blowers yesterday, a feat not many have claimed to achieve. And if Reihana is so bad then why do a number of Kiwi fans seem deeply gutted by his decision to stay in England? Seeing as I don't watch much S12 rugby I don't go around slagging off the competition and it's players as a load of crap. You're opinion on these players seem slightly undermined by the fact that you say you don't watch European rugby. How does that work?
<

I completely agree man

It seems SH fans love taking pot shots at NH Rugby but really they don't even watch it so they are just hauling facts of their asses

<
<
<

Okay let me put a few things to sleep here......

1. I wasn't taking potshots at all - my initial post was purely about the Blues stats...no mention of NH AT ALL. I hassled the NH when a paranoid member of their support base invented the notion of me having a go.

Stupid.

2. How many NH players are we using?....cos everytime you talk up NH rugby you mention a whole lot of names that kind of remind me of some SH players I used to watch in our comps before they were past their international prime: Bond, Blowers, Reihana to name a few....Dowd etc etc...
You actually tripped over yourself by using the example of a feat of a SH player for talking up the NH....hilarious! lol!

3. Who wants Blowers and Reihana back?

I assume you must believe (in some illogical little nook that you call reality), that he would usurp McCaw? And that Reihana, well, he'd JUST HAVE to be better than those useless buggers like Howlett, Rokocoko, Sivivatu, Muliaina etc etc - who also happen to be in their mid-twenties or just out of their teens? Yeah, we're just aching to have these old fellaz back after dispatching France at home in front of a fervent crowd like a bunch of five year olds who accidently took a left instead of a right somewhere on the way to their sunday league game.

How's England going in that Six Nations comp anyway?.....I assume, having had a game at Twickenham that they've put someone away by now? ...Oh...
<
<

Seems not.
Oh yeah...and also I have a 24 hour, 7 day a week, channel called "The Rugby Channel" which provides me with all the rugby that is played in the world. We have "matches of the week" from the comps you rate so highly and they are so mindlessly f***ing boring (for the most part) - that I usually don't last till half time.

How much Super 12 do you watch?

If none you can't talk.

If all the time, well, why the f*** are you watching? Envy maybe...? [/b]
You really are an arrogant twat aren't you! Why don't you try reading peoples' replies and actually thinking you're answer through before you come out with such an utter load of bullshit.

If you actually re-read my post, I didn't state that either Blowers or Reihana would walk back into the national team, that's just something you seem to have cooked up from nowhere.

I also mentioned "a number" of Kiwis, not all, but some being disappointed by Reihana's decision to stay. If you open your mind a little then perhaps you'll realise that the people I'm talking about are Waikato fans, where I've been told Reihana was a very popular player before he left.

Also, what is this all about? "You actually tripped over yourself by using the example of a feat of a SH player for talking up the NH....hilarious! lol!"

My argument is that if SH players say it is a tough league to play in, then surely that gives some validation to what I'm saying...

And again, try opening you're eyes to actually read my post next time. I clearly state I don't watch much S12, so I'm not going to start bad-mouthing it am I.

Finally, it's funny how you have suddenly gone from saying that you watch no European rugby to claiming that you watch it on "The Rugby Channel". Just a point I thought I'd raise...

Originally posted by NZL fan+Mar 1 2005, 06:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Mar 1 2005, 06:56 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jgough@Feb 28 2005, 10:28 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Feb 28 2005, 02:35 PM
Fiji are a better side then Samoa, as proven here....

http://www.teivovo.com/results_internation...fiji_samoa.html

Scotland havn't beaten anybody of note for ages (unlike Argentina), so how can they be ranked ahead of the Argies??

Are you serious?!

One match in June 2004, I was expecting a breakdown of their last 15 tests, or at least 5, but one?!

Well Tonga beat Australia once apon a time (during the 70's), so perhaps they should be at least ranked 90 in the game.

Heh
<

Hope that didn't sound harsh, I wasn't meaning it to be.

Jamie Gough
No point in basing it on years gone by as the teams are changing all the time...........as they don't play that often the only thing you can really go on is the last game between the two...........

You just have to look at the players in each team to come to the conclusion that Fiji has the superior squad..........
<

IRB rankings back me up as well - so wheres your logic??? [/b]
But teams will win games and lose games that they shouldn't all the time.

You have to take a little bit of history into creating a Rugby game, otherwise it doesn't have longjivity (spelling?!)

For example, New Zealand's second to last match that they have played currently was won by 1 point, against Wales, but it is silly to say that NZ should be ranked 91 and Wales 90. Maybe right at this point in time, but it would be a joke, because you have to look at the big picture.

Maybe the last year or so, and then take into account what those players are capable of, and then judge when they are just playing out of their skins against a team in a slump.

So I stand by my reasoning.

Cheers.

Regards,

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by jgough@Mar 1 2005, 08:44 AM
You have to take a little bit of history into creating a Rugby game, otherwise it doesn't have longjivity (spelling?!)
Jamie, I agree 1 million percent, but it appears EA have not taken that into account.

Unless it's akin to what NZL fan reiterated; that the overall ratings mean nothing as the individual stats will still make for a strong team (unless EA have messed that up).

Oh boy.

I take it you'll be playing it soon, enjoy(!) and let us know how it is.

Cheers Capt.

Yeh, tonight at 8 I'll be playing.

God, I'm almost weeing myself, I gotta find something to do to take my mind off it, I feel like some little kid on Christmas eve! This is silly.

I guess being on the ol' forum isn't the best thing for it tho
<

<

Jamie Gough

Long day ahead of you until 8pm
<

Since it's a media event, might they be fielding questions? Perhaps they could shed some light on how their rating system works. You never know, it might make complete sense when you're playing/involved with the game.

Anyway, hope it goes well, and that you come back with the same gusto everyone else has who has managed to play it.

Latest posts