• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Teen footy thug banned for 20 years over bashing

It's nay been a good year for League, really should have documented it to be honest.

The disciplinary panel must be congratulated. The players involved got what they deserved

20 years seems a little harsh. I would have thought maybe 2 years plus criminal charges?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 10 2009, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
20 years seems a little harsh. I would have thought maybe 2 years plus criminal charges?[/b]

Dude the NRL and their culture have a lot to answer for, can't find the vid but there was also a juniors game that turned into a gang assualt out in Penrith after one team got walloped. Believe there were some heavy suspensions handed out there as well. Something very wrong is happening in League in Australia at the moment, personally I think it's the major issue facing the game in this Country. Attitude towards women, violence, and general mayhem is not going to convince the moms across this country to let the little fella play the game.

In unrelated? - news, Roy Masters is reporting News Ltd are trying to off load their interest in the NRL. Either the rumours of heavy AFL, put on the tinfoil hat, movement into the news services is true, or News Ltd are moving themselves away from a sport increasingly in the news for all the wrong reasons. Pity as the Eels provided a good feel story this season, lets not even mention Manly or Cronulla shall we.

Duh. I agree with this decision. I HATE to quote such a maniac and corrosive individual, but Hitler once said: "Tolerance is the refuge of men without convictions". This ban sets the example for others *cough* Hayes *cough*. No matter how good you behaved or if you had never broken a rule before -- if you screw up, you deserve the smack. Otherwise all of a sudden I would drive up to a bank, rob it and rant up saying that I deserve to be forgiven because I had never done such a thing. <_<

On another note... Rugby League starts to look and sound like football (soccer). And that is quite worrying.

In other news - and this is by no means a dig considering I like both codes - but it really highlights the idiocy of all the holier than thou league fans who jumped at the chance to slate Union when Quins and Bath were the hate figures of the day. Neither sport is 100% perfect, but thank f*** they're both better than bloody poofball.

...and in other other news, someone is trying to bring league to America. SpikeTV (a channel devoted to manliness) aired the grand final. There are rumours that they will show all of next season. However, no one in America plays league. Everyone involved in rugby here plays Union (well there are a few league clubs that play in a competition), and leaves most of the yanks involved in rugger going "What the hell was that gay rugby I just watched." I'm not saying that to slate league, I watch it, but I've literally had calls from past teamates and the players I've coached, even though I've told them about league.
It's a strange move. They also broke the match up for commercial breaks, which was uber annoying. Last year Setanta had the NRL, shame they either gave it up or lost it.

Latest posts