• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tell which teams deserve your sympathy

alexrugby

Academy Player
Country Flag
Georgia
Club or Nation
Georgia
Well despite huge love towards rugby and low interest towards soccer these days will run under the dominance of the second one for me

My personal sympathy is divided on teams which I think will play good football and not that standing in a defence and waiting when opposing team gives them opportunity to goal-score

Hence Brazil (mostly), Netherlands, Spain and Portugal are teams I mostly support

Tell your mind about the teams

Cheers

Obviously England above everyone else, then Australia, as I'm officially a quarter australian.

Other than those two, I hope Honduras, Ghana and Chile have good tournaments, as they all have the potential to cause a few shocks.

I hope the French don't make it through the groups stages and either Mexico or Uruguay (or both) beat them by 3 goals or more and Theirry Henry's hands fall off

I genuinely think one of France or Portugal won't make it through. France are a really poor side to be brutally honest, and all of Mexico, Uruguay and South Africa are competant footballing sides. Portugal have a group with Brazil and Ivory Coast in it, who qualified better and have far more balance to their side. Germany may well struggle too.

France are a really poor side to be brutally honest, and all of Mexico, Uruguay and South Africa are competant footballing sides.

I don't wanna be too harsh, but that's being a bit lenient on South Africa I think. I'd be pretty surprised if they don't lose every match

I like Ghana, my uncles from there, and they're fun to watch,
Fond of Japan as well, as they're the team i used to play as in Olympic Soccer for PS1 back in the day

I genuinely think one of France or Portugal won't make it through. France are a really poor side to be brutally honest, and all of Mexico, Uruguay and South Africa are competant footballing sides. Portugal have a group with Brazil and Ivory Coast in it, who qualified better and have far more balance to their side. Germany may well struggle too.

Cot 'D Ivoire, Ghana and Cameroon along with others look promising to make some shocks as buddy posted above

Well I don't think Grands will have easy rides this tournament and in future as lower nations begun to bite

that's nice

Knowing nothing of football whatsoever, I'll be rooting for Spain as always. And, while I'm there, for Portugal, basic survival skills XD

Spain and Portugal having good squad, guess enough to win great trophy

I'm hoping NZ do well. Not expected to win any matches, but any win will make NZ proud. The only problem is, everytime NZ have mild soccer success, the media makes headlines "All Whites the new All Blacks?" or "Goodbye Rugby, hello Soccer" or "Rugby no2 sport". This isn't helped by both All Whites and the coaching staff all making comments like, "It's good to see soccer get some limelight for a change", "Finally Soccer is the most dominant sport in NZ" etc. Mean while the All Whites results are mentioned on the Super 14 by the commentaters. It's like a one-way love. Soccer has done nothing for NZ, while rugby has put NZ on the map, punching well above our weight. Soccer fans make it seem like you must pick between rugby and soccer in NZ, as apposed to supporting them both...meh, my little rant.

Spain and Portugal having good squad, guess enough to win great trophy

haha, hadn't recognised you with the new name :p

Another reason why I think Spain might have a good chance is because we won Eurocup two weeks ago, if anything we're proud and stubborn enough to try and get both in a row.

haha, hadn't recognised you with the new name :p

Another reason why I think Spain might have a good chance is because we won Eurocup two weeks ago, if anything we're proud and stubborn enough to try and get both in a row.

Yeeah I am rising from deep with "new" name :D:D:D:D :p

surely Spain proved best Euro team and did it loud

Torres and team have geat potential

They always have great potential, the problem starts when they score a goal or two and think they've already won with half an hour to go, it's when they get sloppy.
And Iñiesta got hurt in yesterday's game, apparently he should be able to play but still, bad timing. Who in the world schedules a friendly game right before a world cup anyway :s

Re-reading my post, I realise I sound amazingly like my dad, never thought I'd be voicing his opinion when it came to football.

Its the All Whites im following.

Hopefully they will have a good show. Was / Is still hoping that Drogba will be fit for the Ivory Coast because they would be quite a good shout for an African side to do well.

They always have great potential, the problem starts when they score a goal or two and think they've already won with half an hour to go, it's when they get sloppy.
And Iñiesta got hurt in yesterday's game, apparently he should be able to play but still, bad timing. Who in the world schedules a friendly game right before a world cup anyway :s

Re-reading my post, I realise I sound amazingly like my dad, never thought I'd be voicing his opinion when it came to football.

Yeees God damn!!!! yeees

they have done similar things on previous world cup play-off against France and they do usually

the tournament Spanish guys refused to swindle themselves was European championship and .... They are champioooooooooooooooooooons :)))

I'm hoping NZ do well. Not expected to win any matches, but any win will make NZ proud. The only problem is, everytime NZ have mild soccer success, the media makes headlines "All Whites the new All Blacks?" or "Goodbye Rugby, hello Soccer" or "Rugby no2 sport". This isn't helped by both All Whites and the coaching staff all making comments like, "It's good to see soccer get some limelight for a change", "Finally Soccer is the most dominant sport in NZ" etc. Mean while the All Whites results are mentioned on the Super 14 by the commentaters. It's like a one-way love. Soccer has done nothing for NZ, while rugby has put NZ on the map, punching well above our weight. Soccer fans make it seem like you must pick between rugby and soccer in NZ, as apposed to supporting them both...meh, my little rant.

That's not just soccer fans in New Zealand, 90% everywhere seem to feel threatened by rugby and behave like that. I meself once got a kicking by a group of them just because I had a rugby shirt on in a pub.

That's not just soccer fans in New Zealand, 90% everywhere seem to feel threatened by rugby and behave like that. I meself once got a kicking by a group of them just because I had a rugby shirt on in a pub.

I can sort of understand the angst in New Zealand. At school anyone who had the talent and ability to play top rugby but chose soccer instead would face a torrent of "*******" calls. But that just sounds messed up happening over there, green street hooligan style

Latest posts