• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Terror in Mumbai

Odd how terrorist attacks are quite frequent in India yet we only really hear about them when Westerners are involved.

The killing of innocent people for any cause is horrific. There just will never be peace in the world as long as the human race exists. Very sad waste of life.

It's in our instincts to kill though.
An earth without warring, like you said, is an earth without humans. It's nature, it's always happened between tribes thousands of years ago and it's continued through to today. But i'm pretty sure it's never been easy to witness or hear about.

Yeah of course we have the instinct to kill.. but only when we are threatened... kill or be killed.

With this terrorist thing, it's the fact that islam is just being abused for the purpose of trying to justify the desire to cause war. There is no jihad, but delusion is something you can't really fix. Muslims are not persecuted in western society as a whole to any major extent.. no more than any other race. The misquoted koran and islam is just used as propaganda as an excuse for extremists to try to justify their existence.

Sure, capitalism isn't the perfect solution.. it has it's problems.. but it's not enough of a reason to kill innocent people in a massacre based on some BS you have been fed from something that doesn't exist.

This is why I hate the idea of religion. Especially the Abrahamic ones.

Just one more thing to kill for.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Nov 27 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Odd how terrorist attacks are quite frequent in India yet we only really hear about them when Westerners are involved.[/b]

Nothing odd its bullshit mate

In Western Media especially tabloid shite they dont care about reporting news they care about selling newspapers et al.Therefor they pander to the lowest common denomination the average person they figure doesnt care about if people get killed in terrorist attacks unless its involves westerners and there penchant for sensationalism doesnt work if they cant pull the heart strings hence they focus on *insert western country* citizens dieing above all else.

The coverage in Australia is disgraceful over 100 people died however they saw fit to focus on 4 Australians dieing above all else sure its tragic that it happened but 100+ other people died too there families lost uncles aunties mother fathers sons daughters wives husbands et al but we couldnt give a **** about them there just brown people etc.

India has dealt with terrorism almost continuously since independence but is never reported.This is my bugbear also people treat terrorisms as a new thing its not its happened since roman times and it will continue in this world so long as there is people guns and ways of making explosives et al. Also there is countries that have real terrorists threats deal with it regulary but we hear about it in the media because it doesnt involve us honkies.

What happened was tragic and i give my condolences to all the families RIP.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Nov 28 2008, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Just one more thing to kill for.[/b]
nobody kills for religion, they kill for themselves and then misquote their religion to use it as an excuse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gulli @ Nov 28 2008, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Nov 28 2008, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just one more thing to kill for.[/b]
nobody kills for religion, they kill for themselves and then misquote their religion to use it as an excuse
[/b][/quote]

Even if I agreed with you on that it would still be the case that religion is being used as a cover. In which case I would despise it more still.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 28 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah of course we have the instinct to kill.. but only when we are threatened... kill or be killed.

With this terrorist thing, it's the fact that islam is just being abused for the purpose of trying to justify the desire to cause war. There is no jihad, but delusion is something you can't really fix. Muslims are not persecuted in western society as a whole to any major extent.. no more than any other race. The misquoted koran and islam is just used as propaganda as an excuse for extremists to try to justify their existence.

Sure, capitalism isn't the perfect solution.. it has it's problems.. but it's not enough of a reason to kill innocent people in a massacre based on some BS you have been fed from something that doesn't exist.[/b]
Yeah, I think that's a wise comment.

Jihad nutters seem to go in for seige situations where nobody gets out alive. Weird. Remember when they took over that prison in Iraq - the Yanks were very happy to oblige with firepower. Like the Alamo in reverse.

This stuff doesn't affect me. But I hate to hear the Indian media saying they should follow the UK example on terror laws ... on the same day UK terror laws were used at Westminster to arrest an opposition shadow minister. Two months ago the UK government used terror laws to confiscate assets of Iceland banks.

Malcontents will fly off the handle, but when the rule of law is abused by elected governments then bullshit is king.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Nov 28 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The coverage in Australia is disgraceful over 100 people died however they saw fit to focus on 4 Australians dieing above all else sure its tragic that it happened but 100+ other people died too there families lost uncles aunties mother fathers sons daughters wives husbands et al but we couldnt give a **** about them there just brown people etc.[/b]

I think that's a hugely unfair statement. I would expect any newspaper to focus upon how the story impacts up on their country. That has always been the way, and it always will be.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 29 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (redunderthebed @ Nov 28 2008, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The coverage in Australia is disgraceful over 100 people died however they saw fit to focus on 4 Australians dieing above all else sure its tragic that it happened but 100+ other people died too there families lost uncles aunties mother fathers sons daughters wives husbands et al but we couldnt give a **** about them there just brown people etc.[/b]

I think that's a hugely unfair statement. I would expect any newspaper to focus upon how the story impacts up on their country. That has always been the way, and it always will be.
[/b][/quote]

I think that redunderthebed has hit the nail on the head, it's disgraceful the way international terrorist attacks are reported, I find it disgusting when various countries focus on the number of their countrymen who died, sure there's the need to report it but not to make it the be all and end all of the story. I understand that there's issues of keeping people informed about loved ones who could possibly have been lost in these attacks but again it needs to be kept in perspective with the bigger picture. It's just another sign of the slipping standards of journalism across the board

It has always been this way. Always. I studied this in great detail for 3 years at uni. It's never changed and it never will.

Though I agree that journalism standards are slipping.

Latest posts