• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Test Match 1: All Blacks v British & Irish Lions (Auckland)

To be fair he's battling like the warrior he is. But fact we still in with a sniff and are coming in to game is great for us. BB gone out of 10 channel is good for us too
Oh I'll never say that he doesn't give 100% I know he commits everything, I'm just worried, especially with all the rumours abot injuries that it's just a step too far and he may end up being a liability if he can't keep up completely.

Warburton on the bench may have been a good call. We'll need him to come on and compete in the breakdown. Don't care if he manages any turnovers, we'll just need him to disrupt some ball and allow a likely tired lions defense 1 or 2 extra seconds to reset. Otherwise I can see NZ running away with it in the second half. Itoje will also play a crucial role in that, Ken Owens too.

Great first half of rugby. Beautiful try from the lions. Hope the second half stays close.

;)
Didn't catch the Scarlets Pro12 run-in then? Was superb in a very attacking orientated team.

I'v e been a big critic of his passing ability, but he knows how to make an outside break, his support running is good and imo he's the best defensive 13 out there. When he's playing well his passes seem to stick as well!

Nope only watch him when he plays for Wales and BIL. Two passes in the same phase of play. Had to have a lie down after that;)

AWJ needs to come off, making way for Itoje or Warbs following a reshuffle.

Back 3 have definotely being the best selection. All playing well. Te'o & Davies doing well. Backrow haven't been bad but all can be better

Notable that the kiwis dropped off markedly when they dropped BB to fullback. I think they'll pick up in the second half but moving the best player in the world to a secondary position is not a situation Hansen should be choosing as his plan B (maybe as his plan C). I'd rather have Dagg moved back there and another winger put on personally. Cruden is a fantastic deputy, but he's not Beauden Barrett.

Well played by Gatland so far. As predicted, his selection was an effort to be a bit more ambitious than Warrenball.

Thought both locks for us have been very poor. Itoje on as soon as possible for either please

Wow. Great tackle by Te'o. Lucky not a yellow. Great steal POM.

Latest posts