• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Test Match 3: All Blacks v British & Irish Lions (Auckland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys still going about this? It was a terrible game. Just let it go. We all lost.

Just watched it again. This time from a lions perspective. Just quietly I loved it. Lions were very savvy.

Just watched it again. This time from a lions perspective. Just quietly I loved it. Lions were very savvy.

Notice the difference between the first test where with Cruden leading at 10 NZ won convincingly and the other two tests where Barret led at 10 and we failed miserably...

Beauden Barret is the most overrated player in NZ...so what if he was international player of the year...he's lost leading us against Ireland, South Africa and now the Lions...

...whereas Cruden has never lost a game he's started at 10 - no wonder he'd rather leave than be given token roles in the dying minutes of games...this Lions test series just a preview of how our 2019 RWC campaign will go and why everyone is saying the ABs are ripe for ther plucking...

Notice the difference between the first test where with Cruden leading at 10 NZ won convincingly and the other two tests where Barret led at 10 and we failed miserably...

Beauden Barret is the most overrated player in NZ...so what if he was international player of the year...he's lost leading us against Ireland, South Africa and now the Lions...

...whereas Cruden has never lost a game he's started at 10 - no wonder he'd rather leave than be given token roles in the dying minutes of games...this Lions test series just a preview of how our 2019 RWC campaign will go and why everyone is saying the ABs are ripe for ther plucking...

Really?? Was this the same test match where Beauden Barritt converted all his kicks, and had a direct influence in Codie Taylor and Rieko Ioane's tries?

Nah.
From a lions perspective the ABs make the ultimate bad guys bullying the defiant brave lions. Lions scramble really well play smart and plug all the passing and running lanes Brilliant
Murray Farrell Lawes awj just don't back down.

Barret set up Iaone's tries...??.. what rubbish...the fact is the team worked better with Barret at fullback in the first test and Cruden leading at 10...Mo'unga should now be bought in as he is a much better player than Sopaga...

Okay, calm down all of you, there is now need to throw insults at each other, and if you keep this up, I'll have no problem closing the thread.

The way I see it, is that if a series is drawn, the team that won it the previous time, retains the bragging rights like in the Ashes, Ryder Cup etc. Surely by this reasoning, the All Blacks should be seen as the "winner"...

Both teams failed at their main goal ie. Win the series.

It's insulting to either team to suggest a draw is good enough. Nobody is giving the ABs a huge pat on the back for it and they played terribly. But the Lions didn't play any better yet we are suppose to praise them because of 'superior' opposition. Nope sorry can't do that a series win was very much for the taking and can't praise them for that.

It really is insulting the opposition's ability when you play badly and you suggest they played to the best of their ability and all they could do was scrape a draw.

I think you got off lightly after the personal attack you posted slightly earlier in the thread, reprinted below in case you forgot where 'you' went with this nonsense.

That was uncalled for and unnecessary.
Once you do that your line of argument loses credibility and meaning.
Gatland had an objective, to enhance the Lions stock, and he did that in a way none of us imagined he would.
Great coach or good coach, he was successful in his role.
The Lions are a great anachronism and their value needs to be emboldened lest we forget in 4 years time how much fun this tour was for everyone.
Well at top bit. When I had a go at Gatland? Again all I stated were facts.

On 2nd bit of this. The 2nd bit Gatland put the objective on him to win series.
Now I never once said he got an awful result or anything. On the issues of this being such a good tour. It's not getting near the same happy level and antics out of players as it did 4 years ago and even 8. And that isn't a dig that Gatland as he was involved heavily in both them tours.
The thing is New Zealand think just because it was a draw with them that it's like they survived. But the Lions could've won this and as I said if anything all 4 Nations will have players coming back alot less fearful of New Zealand.

But again I haven't heard 1 person dispute any of my facts.

1. Did Gatland make a balls of some selections ie. The Geography 6? Yes (Even He acknowledged it)
2. Did he screw up with Squad Management? Yes regarding those midweek games (He even admitted it himself)
3. Did he devalue the jersey? Yes in a way (again as he noted the reason he was afraid to use 6 guys)
4. Are people wrong to say Schmidt or Jones could've been better? No as it's a reasonable debate.
5. Did he rush lads back in? Yes right or wrong based on form fitness and different standards Warburton and AWJ wouldn't have gone straight back in if they were not Welsh.
6. The real coaches getting the credit are the S&C coach and Farrell.
7. Just because people don't rate Gatland as highly. That doesn't mean they are wrong or anything near it. They are offering numerous reasons. For Gatland most are just saying he has drew with New Zealand. Is that all he has done that ye can offer. Even I can offer alot more of his achievements and I'm against him.

That was alot of my points. Which of them is false?

Someone close this thread. Three nations are getting angry they couldn't be one small country. It's embarrassing.

I think referring to someone as an idiot is an insult. Or maybe I am a bit sensitive I dont know.
Just an old saying. Didn't actually call anyone stupid directly. So maybe it's a bit sensitive.
Like some people say haters alot I don't take it to heart :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts