• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Thank you HB

Blackie252

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
A big Thank you to all the hard working guys at HB, I know there is a lot of hate and from my opinion Nit Picking on this forum, so I would like to give my Thanks to all of you.
I personally have been waiting for a Rugby Union game on the xbox 360, Yes what i wanted is far more than you could possibly deliver, I wanted A game to rival fifa 11 in Terms of content, Graphics and Time tweaking to make the perfect game. With what you have had at your disposal and from what info you have released I am plesantly suprised at how good it looks. I couldnt be any more exited for this game.

Yes I will also be buying Rugby Challange but that is just me beeing greedy. I really think you dont deserve all the flak you have taken on these forums by people who expect you to make the game how they want.

I Really hope this game does well then you can look at creating a franchise and Building on what already looks like a superb game.

Once again Thank you to you all, Im pretty sure a few of the more mature posters on here will agree with me.

Keep up the hard work guys and I look forward to meeting and smashing some of you online in the near future!

I'm not going to be buying this, maybe as a bargain basement game once I've played Rugby Challenge extensively. It just looks like it has no depth and the only real mode is the world cup. The graphics are not looking too flash. The more I hear from Sidhe the more I want to buy their game and the more I hate this game. HB never reply and from what I can tell only communicate with the staff and admin. Sidhe are building up a lot more momentum as time goes on with their player creator video with very impressive graphics that this game would not be able to rival.

The graphics on this game look like a joke. Pretty much the same as Rugby 08 with ever so slight improvements.

Mario has more posts on this forum than HB do. Absolutely hilarious. HB are a joke.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be buying this, maybe as a bargain basement game once I've played Rugby Challenge extensively. It just looks like it has no depth and the only real mode is the world cup. The graphics are not looking too flash. The more I hear from Sidhe the more I want to buy their game and the more I hate this game. HB never reply and from what I can tell only communicate with the staff and admin. Sidhe are building up a lot more momentum as time goes on with their player creator video with very impressive graphics that this game would not be able to rival.

The graphics on this game look like a joke. Pretty much the same as Rugby 08 with ever so slight improvements.

Mario has more posts on this forum than HB do. Absolutely hilarious. HB are a joke.
So by you liking sidhe it makes you hate HB. You sir have a brain that works incredibly similarly to a see-saw

Have you played the game yet? NO is the answer so you can't even start to justify the depth part of your reply. Currently there are two reviews out there both are positive about the game, guess you might not even have looked at them and there's a third one on its way this weekend from our man TRF_Getofmeland. Stay tuned for that one folks.

You then move onto graphics, they are most certainly an improvement on Rugby'08 and id like to point this out to yourself and the same people who constantly moan and whine about the game. You have made your minds up about the game and your happy to slate it, thats fine but stop posting the same comments, over and over again it gets really annoying.

SIDHE's game will be good as HB's one will be and its good for healthy competition. Using the word hate is a little over the top also. Both teams have worked hard on trying to produce the best games possible and thats going to be exciting for rugby gaming in the future.

Obviously you don't look around the forum enough because you will notice Alistar and Glen both are becoming active. For those who have not read some of the more detailed threads or just not interested, licensing restrictions has played a major part in what HB has been allowed to release. I know personally how tough it is and as I understand its been a little easier for SIDHE to release their stuff. For communicating with the staff / admins ... I can tell you straight sunshine that the Admins post the details straight up as soon as they get them, it's not some kind of conspiracy that the top dogs are hiding the goods, they post what they get given as soon as they can. The news and information is posted straight away. Also seeing as the Admins are the owners and this is the online home of the game, you would expect some contact between the two? No?

HB are not a joke and I think again you have gone over the top. But anyway that won't matter because you don't like the game so won't be visiting this part of the forums again because of your dislike to the game, enjoy that. Just be greatful that there are two games coming out and none at all.

Last edited:

No need for this type of hating.I won't be buying this game too but H.B have done a great job in making a rugby game for people to buy and play.We as consumers should be happy we have two very nice looking rugby games to play.

A lot of hard work has been done by both parties and im sure alot of people are pleased with their efforts so far.

Last edited:

Sacrebleu!!!

Here, have a biscuit.... good boy!

I think this game is looking great for a world cup game, and I think the RC game sidhe are putting out looks fantastic for people who like franchise and club games. Im so happy to have 2 rugby games to choose from or purchase both. From the early screens from both companies and from peoples personal early experience with both games, we as fans have 2 great looking games to look forward to.
Thanks HB

I think too many people are taking the release of two rugby games coming out this year for granted.
This time last year I was in a position where I was searching around the internet for a new rugby game to come out and even though the affiliation between TRF and HB had been launched I couldn't find it until later on, in November. I can remember looking around for some time desperate to find some information on a new rugby game, and since everyone has found out about two games this year a lot of people have began to lose appreciation for a company which has spent years trying to develop a game to suit the needs of the common rugby fan. So I would suggest stop glancing over information or news and making instant judgments on whether it will be a good game or not, fair enough the decision to buy it is yours and if you don't want to buy it that's up to you and I'm not annoyed about that, but as I'm sure you've seen dozens of times on the forum; we are lucky to have two games coming out this year, and we really are so just appreciate it.

On another note, great post Blackie252! I'm right there with you, in my opinion both games look outstanding and I thank both developers for their hard work, and I greatly appreciate it :D.

Last edited:
A big Thank you to all the hard working guys at HB...

Keep up the hard work guys and I look forward to meeting and smashing some of you online in the near future!

Thank you very much for the post and I'm sure the team will appreciate the kind words.

We've had a very busy and challenging couple of years working on Rugby. When we set out in pre-production, we came to the users of The Rugby Forum and asked for your input in how you felt we should prioritize the list of features we would work to include in this first Next Gen Rugby ***le. While, as you suggest, it's impossible to include every thing from our wish list in the game and ship it in time for Rugby World Cup, I have confidence in the game we are offering this year.

It has been a great week, meeting people who are so clearly passionate about Rugby and interested in our game. There's been skepticism about what we've been up to and the state of the game because so little has been released about it up until very recently, so almost everyone we've met has been very keen to get their hands on it to see for themselves what it looks like and most importantly to feel how it plays. The feedback has been incredibly gratifying and it feels as though many of the decisions made along the way have been justified.

Much of this comes back to you guys and the feedback we had early on in this process. If we're not spending a lot of time posting on the forums, it's because our time is better spent doing the hard work to get this game finished and to deliver the best ***le we possibly can this year. We know game development can be challenging and that if it was easy, well, everyone would be doing it. Still, this process has been far more all-consuming and challenging than any of us thought it would be going in. Believe me when I say when we're not devoting our time to the game, our families need us more than you do. ;-)

One of the things that's been important to us at HB, though, is that we give you insight into why certain decisions are taken and how the process of game development works, as it's not always self evident. There are times at which I won't talk about certain elements, either because we have made commitments of confidentiality, or because we want to share certain pieces of information at certain times. But I'm sure we'll be able to talk more later about the process.

I'd like to suggest there are a couple of posts on this forum though where there are insights to be found into the process - they've tended to get a little buried over time though. I invite you to dig them up and check them out if you have not already.

We really value the insight and the passion of the members of this forum, some of whom I've had the good fortune of meeting these past few days, and we place a high degree of importance on our ability to have conversations with you about the game. Thank you for your part in making Rugby World Cup 2011 what it is today.

Latest posts