• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The 2014 TRFies: Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
You've waited patiently, so let's get started!
Going to open a little differently than normal- we are looking at freshening up the categories, last year was a bit smaller, so we are looking to add some new awards.
Any suggestions, post theme here!

the worst grammer off the year ?
the funny user off the year ?

Those are already categories, for reference, this is what we used last year:
1. The Great One - Best General Poster:
2. Best Northern Hemisphere Poster:
3. Best Southern Hemisphere Poster:
4. The Darren Lockyer Award - Best League Poster:
5. Most Improved Member:
6. Most Underrated:
7. The Jason Robinson Award - Most knowledgeable poster of both codes:
8. The "Rowan Atkinson" Award - for funniest poster:
9. The Stephen Fry award for cleverest member:
10. The Dubya Award for least grammatically able member:
11. The Oscar Wilde Award for the most quotable member:
12. The Best Newcomer:
13. Best Thread:
14. The Grafter - Best Staff Member:
15. The Sportsman Award - For the most knowledgeable member across different sports:
16. The Dr Who - Comeback Award:
17. The Muhammed Ali Award - For the best gift of the gab TRF member:
18. TRF Northern Hemisphere Player of the Year Award:
19. TRF Southern Hemisphere Player of the Year Award:

do you actually get a prize for this ? if not then i'd say who ever wins the most awards this year gets a free trf season ticket

I've got a number of awards in mind, but none of them is nice so forget about it !...:p

Some people like to put it in their signature...
If that's what makes your feel good, I suppose you can go ahead and do it. Don't try and list it on your CV though.

Yes I think I'll take the wittiest poster on TRF over that guys with the law degree from Harvard any day.

Most likely to be a white supremacist when they grow up?

The Good Guy Award - for the nicest, most respectful poster??..

Th best Scot award for the forums best **** talker.

The #Draggspullsmots award for smoothest member.

The Mila AKunis award for poster I want to have sex with. It's Feic btw, add me on snapchat babes.

And remember children, my one month sabbatical makes me eligible for the best comeback award. ;)

Non-member categories can be suggested as well. All we have is NH/SH player of the year. Would match/try of the year be worth adding?

@cmac, you kids are on snapchat, good lord.

#draggsdoesmots
mot.gif

Non-member categories can be suggested as well. All we have is NH/SH player of the year. Would match/try of the year be worth adding?

Those are good ideas but I'd say right no the match of the year is probably a foregone conclusion.

Best newcomer to international rugby?

well TRFies should be about the members of TRF, not too much about the actual Rugby scene. I'd proposed the idea of "Most missed member"; N.B.: which would consist in voting for the member that you most miss, or miss the most, both are really the same thing it's just the placement of the words; before but I can't remember the answer or who told me but apparently it wasn't a good idea.

- "User who seems to smell the worst" is also another fantastic option I just thought of.
- "Most stuckup member". We could call it the "Corkum intra-anus" award.
- "Most stupidly chauvinistic" is one I'd enjoy adding. Just a prop of zition.
- "Least happy" member. This would be based on a fine psychological assessment of users, how angry and aggressive they are against others, needlessly defensive, trigger-happy argument wise, and how much they gratuitously harass other users who clearly have not asked for anything. Hmmm, that description seems awful long and specific, a little dubious...ok, NEXT !!....
- "The lawyer award": user who feels the most diplomatic, seldom faces people up, answers as indirectly and impersonally as possible. I've got a deliciously undiplomatic name for that award.......Oh, I'm not going to say it.
- "Purity award": the most honest sounding human being on this thing. This includes little bias (sports wise in particular), a generally uncompromising style, saying the truth whether it's celebrated or vomited on, and not being a sniveling, writhing, fallacious little rodent with his posting.
- "Lifeless award": guy who spends the most time here. :p
- "Most active member": guy who tries to boost up the forum with stuff from the outside, posts lots of links, info, pics, vids (Rugby related, or not) to entertain the rest. We could call it the uhmm...what's really active in life ?...the "Ant award" ?? that syyucks...
- A swearing award. Dude who swears the most...call it.....the "**** award".

Yeah, I guess every newspaper and blog does their own 'best tackle/pass/kick' every year, so if we want to avoid being cliche, we can stay away from that road.

The Liam Williams Internet Tough guy Award.

The Rip in Peace Dearly Departed Member (people who don't post who we dearly miss)

Edit: Add me on Snapchat Feic. genuineshrivelledpenispics1

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess every newspaper and blog does their own 'best tackle/pass/kick' every year, so if we want to avoid being cliche, we can stay away from that road.

right, coz we're so original right now and...stuff. Let's stay away from clichés man, with you on that.

There's a lot of awards in the list that has been posted that need retiring and revamping. Many awards can be and will be merged and with the help of the forum we can change the names of some of the awards.

do you actually get a prize for this ? if not then i'd say who ever wins the most awards this year gets a free trf season ticket
I've already got a season ticket, though.
The Rip in Peace Dearly Departed Member (people who don't post who we dearly miss)
King D'arcy would win, easy.
#nevar4get

Winner of the TRFies gets sent an envelope full of my pubes.
And he left before Darce's glory beard days. What a senseless waste.
#noragretz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts