Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disagree

• Strongly Disagree

• Total voters
W

William18

There hasn't been a thread on this for a while so I thought I would put it out there. How confident are you that the All Black's coaches are who we need to produce the best possible results? Obviously, the question doesn't mean much as they are already signed through to 2011. I would just be interested to see what the overall public opinion is on them.

They could of maybe given Robbie Deans a chance but after the Rugby World Cup I think it was right that they be reinstated because we have a bad habit of sacking out coaches once they've got things going good than we get new ones in and have to start from scratch again.

I think it plays a big part that everybody already knows how the 3 wisemen do things otherwise if it were a new group of coaches the players would first have to get to know their character than try and understand the way they run things.

I still think they're the right men for the job. I feel sorry for them sometimes for the way the media/public respond when they lose a couple of times. Although they certainly aren't perfect, it'd be good for them to drop players after 2 or 3 poor performances, even if they have faith in them. It seems like players such as Messam and Gear have been starved of opportunities, just because the coaches like the alternative players better, not necessarily because they have been playing better.

as far as on field goes, i think they are doing a satisfactory job, although I will make a point that I also thought John Mitchell did a satisfactory job, although he was **** canned by the NZRU after a semi final loss in the 2003 RWC. Graeme Henry was no more of a coach than Mitchell, also bowing out in the semis. non RWC games i think they were even in performance, although Henry has retained his job. Henry is also useless when it comes to media/PR hence I believe John Mitchell was a decent coach and I don't believe they gave him fair go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Aug 12 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
as far as on field goes, i think they are doing a satisfactory job, although I will make a point that I also thought John Mitchell did a satisfactory job, although he was **** canned by the NZRU after a semi final loss in the 2003 RWC. Graeme Henry was no more of a coach than Mitchell, also bowing out in the semis. non RWC games i think they were even in performance, although Henry has retained his job. Henry is also useless when it comes to media/PR hence I believe John Mitchell was a decent coach and I don't believe they gave him fair go.[/b]

John Mitchell was one of the worst in terms of PR/Media interaction. He was known for it. Henry isn't great, he has a tendency to come off looking smug and a little more than a little condescending in interviews. The ex-principal in him.

Also, we didn't bow out in the semi's, we choked out of the quarters.

I think Henry & Co. are the most qualified and most able to coach this side, that's available right now. The only thing they need to seriously assess, is their approach and gameplan and tactics for their opposition.

Too many times I believe that they have persevered with a gameplan throughout a game that has not worked.

More in-game adjustments please.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kaftka @ Aug 12 2009, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Aug 12 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as far as on field goes, i think they are doing a satisfactory job, although I will make a point that I also thought John Mitchell did a satisfactory job, although he was **** canned by the NZRU after a semi final loss in the 2003 RWC. Graeme Henry was no more of a coach than Mitchell, also bowing out in the semis. non RWC games i think they were even in performance, although Henry has retained his job. Henry is also useless when it comes to media/PR hence I believe John Mitchell was a decent coach and I don't believe they gave him fair go.[/b]

John Mitchell was one of the worst in terms of PR/Media interaction. He was known for it. Henry isn't great, he has a tendency to come off looking smug and a little more than a little condescending in interviews. The ex-principal in him.

Also, we didn't bow out in the semi's, we choked out of the quarters.
[/b][/quote]
John Mitchell's main problems were definately arrogance and communication. His communication was especially bad with the players, like Christian Cullen spring to mind. You can kind of tell that this coaching staff actually have the support of the players although you never know what they are actually thinking.

Latest posts