• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ashes 1st Test

B

bristol-iain

Its finally here, lets hope for a cracking match and a series to match 2005. :bravo: :bravo:

Nice weather here in Cardiff, looks good for a few days, might rain on Saturday.

C'mon England

The pitch looks rooted and the outfield is slow. Clark should have been picked.

Solid Pitch, Aussies only going to moan because they don't have a good spinner anymore.

England win toss, decide to bat, quickly down to 67-2.

KP and Bopara in the middle. England need these two stay there for a good few hours.

And the didnt. 90-3 at lunch. Bopara never looked comfortable (apparently). KP and Collingwood in the middle.

The Aussies seem to have worked out the pitch quicker. I agree with Dale, Clarke should have been picked, although Hilfen, Siddle and Mitch have done well.

Bopara look out of sorts and was made to look ike a fool when he was decieved and caught.

Shot selection in the first session very poor from England with 2 of the 3 wickets down. Cook's dismissal was a fantastic catch from Hussey but I personally think both Strauss and Bopara have almost thrown their wickets away with some awful choices.

KP and Collingwood have halted the flow a bit and have rebuilt the innings to an extent but one of them needs to go on and get a big 100 if we want to get the sort of score we should be getting on that pitch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jul 8 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If a SH > NH arguement starts I'm with the SH this time.[/b]

we got the subcontinent on our team. NH wins by sheer weight of population, IPL contracts and curry induced squits.

336-7 at the close. I'm slightly annoyed because with the exception of Hilfenhaus, I thought the Aussies were uninspiring with the ball largely and Pietersen, Bopara and Strauss threw their wickets away as well as some sloppy batting at the end. Too many got in and didn't go on to get a large score when they should have. Nonetheless, we're in a decent position, if we can get to 400/450 then the ball has already started swinging, let's see what we can do.

So frustrated, was loving watching Prior and Flintoff (did you see that 4 past mid-wicket, beautiful) , what a bleak way to end the day. Still think we good chance to make 450 with Broad and Swann.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jul 9 2009, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
336-7 at the close. I'm slightly annoyed because with the exception of Hilfenhaus, I thought the Aussies were uninspiring with the ball largely and Pietersen, Bopara and Strauss threw their wickets away as well as some sloppy batting at the end. Too many got in and didn't go on to get a large score when they should have. Nonetheless, we're in a decent position, if we can get to 400/450 then the ball has already started swinging, let's see what we can do.[/b]

Hilfy has always been a swing king, he was damaging. Johnsons never been able to swing the red ball as much as the white ball. I still think they should have picked Clark over HAURITZZZZZ at least.

If England get 400 they are on top big time, Aussie batting stinks.

Aussies have gone charging to 38-0 at lunch. Some awful bowling by England.

Hughes caught behind off Flintoff. Beautiful ball, well over 90mph, inside edge to Prior. Im so happy i could cry.

Latest posts