• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Ball for Rugby World Cup 2015

I just hope it isn't a piece of crap for goalkicking like the 2011 ball was.

I just hope that they use a ball that all the players have had a full season to get used to, rather than springing a new design on them at the tournament, like was done in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

I don't see why people make a fuss of the ball at every tournament. It's the same for both sides. Yet the complaints about it would make you think they have changed the shape of it completely or something.

Gilbert provide a lot of balls for a lot of teams as well, I don't see how it can be that unusual.

As long as its still an ovoid-shaped ball I couldnt give 2 hoots what colour it is.

It'll still be kicked, passed and dropped-on-a-3-on-1-overlap by the Scottish backline like any other rugby ball.

looks alright...and it sure still looks like a rugby ball, and that's just good news in my book.

Don't really care about the colour of the ball. Just would like all teams and players to get a full year with it in real competitions.

Why not somethig like this:
1003334932.jpg
stock-illustration-7894123-rugby-ball-england.jpg

is there an actual explanation of why the colours were chosen and what the design means.

why have they gone away from using blue and green as they normally do with world cup balls?

is there an actual explanation of why the colours were chosen and what the design means.

why have they gone away from using blue and green as they normally do with world cup balls?
I think there's an explanation somewhere in here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts