• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best drop goal you've ever seen

wilkinson's one at the 2003 rwc final. not only one of the best, but one of the most memorable drop goal.

Steyn's one this year. I also like Zinzan Brooke's one against england. He was a legend of the game.

1-Larkham in extra time in the semi of wc 99
2-Steyn an astonishing kick from the touchline, a 1 in 10 sort of kick
3-Wilkinson in the world cup final, wasnt particularily difficult and nowhere near as spectacular as the first two but the pressure makes up for it
4-Patersons drop goal against Australia in the 2003 wc quarter final, must have carried about 60 metres
5-O'Gara's last minute effort which helped beat Wales by a point in the 2003 six nations

3-Wilkinson in the world cup final, wasnt particularily difficult and nowhere near as spectacular as the first two but the pressure makes up for it
4-Patersons drop goal against Australia in the 2003 wc quarter final, must have carried about 60 metres
5-O'Gara's last minute effort which helped beat Wales by a point in the 2003 six nations
[/b]

What about Zinzan Brookes drop against England in 1995 that was huge and it was from a forward.From an England point of view that just said that we had no chance. I remember going out that evening and getting absolutely smashed on vodka and base it wasnt a pretty sight.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

What about Zinzan Brookes drop against England in 1995 that was huge and it was from a forward.From an England point of view that just said that we had no chance. I remember going out that evening and getting absolutely smashed on vodka and base it wasnt a pretty sight.
[/b][/quote]

To be fair Larkhams hit vs s africa was amazing

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I never watched rugby when Brooke slotted that drop goal in fact i have never seen it. Any youtube clips of it?

Wilkinson during 2003's World Cup because he has all the preasure on him and that would be very embarassing

From this American... Wilko, 2003, RWC final. He may stay hurt as much as any marquee player in the world, but he's also extremely clutch when it counts.

Jason Strange drop goal against Gloucester for Bristol!
Only because he is not amazing at drop goals and Richard Hill said after all the one's in training had been nowhere near and someone who was good at drop goals would of cracked under the pressure.

I would of said Wilkinsons drop goal but he missed the first few goes and it isn't the first thing that comes in to my mind when you say "best drop goal".

françois steyn with sharks last super 14 tournament....he made 2 drops from about 60m...go françois!

I think that Stephen Larkham drop in the RWC 99 semifinal against South Africa is the best , for that nobody was waiting for it , and from 40 meters, this it is a drop thrown with the heart, not with the feet.

Mike Catt's half way one against Leicester was excellent. A little freaky looking but good nonetheless.

Larkham RWC 99 semi final vs South Africa was special.

Obviously I have to say Jonny's in 2003. Although I reckon his best was against Wales at Millennium stadium 6N 2003, miles out and I think he did it off the back of a ruck...

The goal by Larkham in the WC semi 99 was amazing... I remember hearing that not only was that his first drop goal in first class rugby, but he couldn't see where the ball was going - he was a bit short sighted and hadn't had lasik surgery yet. I also agree with Zinny's drop goal - he was simply the man.

Has to be Francois Steyns for the sharks against the Blues last year in Auckland at sea level. It was freakish!!!!

From the sideline, over 60 metres and with clearance for easily another 5 or 10

Latest posts