• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best full back

I would go with Percy Montgomery. Great player. But out of the three mentioned, Muliaina is my fav.

I know he had trouble getting into the Ireland team but I just love watching Geordan Murphy play. The man is a wizard and in way harks back to the great welsh backs of the 70's. Nothing he does seems rehearsed, which is probably why O' Sullivan wasn't his biggest fan. He ignited the entire Irish back line against Scotland in the Six Nations, before injury ended his tournament and is always a joy to watch for the Tigers. He's probably not the best fullback in the world but he's definitely got an extaordinary gift for playing rugby. He's one of those players that can do amazing things while making look them very easy, and these players are always the best to watch in any sport.

Latham's retired so he isn't the best fullback anymore, sorry. I'd have to say the best fullback now is Geordan Murphy. Great under the high ball and can perform magic on attack. Defence lets him down but Percy isn't exactly one for tackling either. Didn't really get a chance to show his skills during O'Sullivans reign due to his lack of structure, which was a shame. Or Muliaina because he's consistant and does the basics right.

yeah latham is definately a player that would be considered the best at the moment, i'd also chuck muliaina up there from the SH, i haven't seen much NH rugby so can't really comment on them. Percy though? yeah he's good but no as quick as muliaina, not a better attacker, defender than muliaina.. just a better kicker.. IMO only

Christian Cullen, how many other players can boast 7 tries in their first 2 matches.

Took NZ try scoring record in just 56 appearances.

I think Percy Montgomery it's a very good player..so I thonk he's the best
[/b]

Sorry but Montgomery is doing an incredibly bad season in Perpignan. He's far from being the best Top 14 Fullback... So the world best... hum

I think Juan Martin Hernandez is the best Full Back. I remember me the great defensive action when he pushed Alesana Tuilagi in Touch in H Cup quarter Final in 2007.

Latest posts