• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The best Springbok team

J

jaco

I know not all of you like the champions, the boks. But now that they are the champs we can just as well talk a bit of them. What team will you pick if you had a say?

Here's my team:

1. G.Steenkamp

2. S.Brits

3. C.van der Linde

4. B.Botha

5. A.Bekker

6. S.Burger

7. W.van Heerden

8. R.Konkowski/P.Spies

9. F.Hougaard/R.Kockett

10. F.Steyn

11. B.Habana

12. W.Olivier

13. J. de Villiers C

14. T.Chavanga

15. C.Jantjies

16. B.du Plessis

17. B.Mujati

18. V. Matfield

19. L.Watson

20. R.Januarie

21. B.James

22. J.Nokwe

Decent enough picks, only thing is Hougard is a 10 not a half back and hell he's a bad fly half anyway. :lol:

I would keep Matfield in, he's probably the best lock in the world although Bekker is the future.

Otherwise except missing Juan Smith out cant complain. :)

Are there really no better options at 12 for the Boks at 12 than Olivier? He's been rubbish every time I've seen him play. Looking at the initial list again there's no Francois Steyn. I'd rather have a blindfolded Styen at inside centre than Olivier.

Are there really no better options at 12 for the Boks at 12 than Olivier? He's been rubbish every time I've seen him play. Looking at the initial list again there's no Francois Steyn. I'd rather have a blindfolded Styen at inside centre than Olivier.
[/b]

:lol: Your right missed Olivier he's garbage most of the time although did find some form at the end of this season. Got the likes of Fourie,Murray,Bobo,Steyn as you say ,all better players.

Decent enough picks, only thing is Hougard is a 10 not a half back and hell he's a bad fly half anyway. :lol:

I would keep Matfield in, he's probably the best lock in the world although Bekker is the future.

Otherwise except missing Juan Smith out cant complain. :)
[/b]
There's another Hougaard on the block. But he's been a nobody.. aswell.

My pick:
15 - Jantjies
14 - Chavhanga
13 - Fourie
12 - De Villiers
11 - Habana
10 - Grant
9 - Januarie
8 - Kankowski
7 - Smith
6 - Burger
5 - Matfield
4 - Muller (has the muscle to play 4)
3 - vd Linde
2 - Du Plessis
1 - vd Merwe

16 - Brits
17 - BJ Botha
18 - Bekker
19 - Vermeulen
20 - Kockett
21 - Steyn
22 - O. Ndungane

Whoa, that was actually pretty hard. Which is great!

I believe smits, Monte and butch are also all cleared to play for the boks.

Whats up with that?? Must be scared the world champs will get flogged in the tri nations. To be honest I think SA have more then enuff talent to fill the void left by these players.

1. G.Steenkamp

2. S.Brits

3. C.van der Linde

4. B.Botha

5. A.Bekker

6. S.Burger

7. W.van Heerden

8. R.Konkowski/P.Spies

9. F.du Preez

10. B.James

11. B.Habana

12. F.Steyn

13. J. de Villiers C

14. T.Chavanga

15. C.Jantjies

16. B.du Plessis

17. B.Mujati

18. V. Matfield

19. L.Watson

20. R.Januarie

21. P.Grant

22. J.Nokwe

The best there is at the moment, I think

Team looks fine, but not good or even great. Two concerns....Jantjies defence and no recognized goal kicker.

I see Luke Watson is picked on the bench i a few teams. Do you really think he is now international class??

1. Heinke vd Merwe (The 'white' Beast)
2. Schalk Brits
3. CJ vd Linde
4. Johan Muller (Botha is just dirty, and is ******* me off)
5. Victor Matfield
6. Schalk Burger
7. Pierre Spies
8. Ryan Kankowski

9. Rory Kockott
10. Francois Steyn
11. Bryan Habana
12. Jean De Villiers
13. Jacques Fourie
14. Tonderai Chavhanga
15. Conrad Jantjes

16. Bizmark Du Plessis
17. BJ Botha
18. Juan Smith
19. Bakkies Botha
20. Enrique Januarie
21. Peter Grant
22. Jongikhaya Nokwe

Ok what do people see in Steyn playing at 10?
IMO he's distribution skills are average, decision making is too unpredictable and is found wanting often, and is way to dominate with the ball in hand to play anything but 15 or maybe 13 (only if the team has crap wingers). Did anybody see his 2 or 3 performances at 10 in the S14? Muir, the rotate freak, won't even put him there anymore!

Ok what do people see in Steyn playing at 10?
IMO he's distribution skills are average, decision making is too unpredictable and is found wanting often, and is way to dominate with the ball in hand to play anything but 15 or maybe 13 (only if the team has crap wingers). Did anybody see his 2 or 3 performances at 10 in the S14? Muir, the rotate freak, won't even put him there anymore![/b]

Ok ok, he does have the occassional brain-fart. I have faith in him though. He has great potential, and i think that if he can stay at 10, and play the Tri Nations, S14, and end of year tours staying at 10, and not being rotated all the time, he will become a very good player.

I dont think he is a brilliant 10, but i chose him there because i want to see him develop there, and become a truly brilliant player. (I just hope he doesnt become anymore big headed than he is at the moment.)

As for Nokwe he is pretty ****.[/b]

Dude, he scored in almost every game he played, and has incredible speed. I don't care if a winger is as useless as a bat, if he can outrun every member of the opponents team, and can finish everyone else's brilliant work and score to take the credit, then he is a winger i would choose.

I'd love to see Pienaar at 10 more. He played REALLY good against the Chiefs at 10 and showed good vision in other games. Terblanche helped us out this season but Steyn should be given a few starts at 15 imo.

As for Nokwe he is pretty ****.[/b]

Dude, he scored in almost every game he played, and has incredible speed. I don't care if a winger is as useless as a bat, if he can outrun every member of the opponents team, and can finish everyone else's brilliant work and score to take the credit, then he is a winger i would choose. [/b]

Yes and John Daniels has scored how many tries in the Currie Cup? 60+ but he is still ****. Speed doesn't mean anything if you can't be put into space. Yes he has speed and he is quick but he doesn't have any other tricks up he's sleeve. I also don't really like Chavanga but at least he has a bit of a step and can fend defenders of. Nokwe is suspect on defence and under the high ball. Then I'd rather have one of the Ndungane brothers in there and sacrifice a bit of speed, but is solid under the high ball and can tackle.

Yes and John Daniels has scored how many tries in the Currie Cup? 60+ but he is still ****. Speed doesn't mean anything if you can't be put into space. Yes he has speed and he is quick but he doesn't have any other tricks up he's sleeve. I also don't really like Chavanga but at least he has a bit of a step and can fend defenders of. Nokwe is suspect on defence and under the high ball. Then I'd rather have one of the Ndungane brothers in there and sacrifice a bit of speed, but is solid under the high ball and can tackle.[/b]

So then put them in your own bloody team and stop criticizing mine. I want someone that can catch anyone who caught an intercept and is running away to score. I think Nokwe will catch any New Zealander or Australian. I also want a wing who, when the ball is kicked downfield, will beat everyone else there to score. Having a slow winger is like having a short lock or a skinny prop.

I dont care who you think is good or crap, he is on my bench, choose your own team.

1. Heinke vd Merwe
2. Schalk Brits
3. CJ vd Linde
4. Bakkies Botha
5. Victor Matfield
6. Schalk Burger
7. Pierre Spies
8. Ryan Kankowski

9. Rory Kockott
10. Butch James
11. Bryan Habana
12. Jean De Villiers
13. Jacques Fourie
14. Tonderai Chavhanga
15. Francois Steyn

16. Bizmark Du Plessis
17. BJ Botha
18. Juan Smith
19. Johan Muller
20. Enrique Januarie
21. Conrad Jantjies (can be used on wing or fullback)
22. Morne Steyn (can be used on centre or flyhalf)

I would only choose Kockott because he can kick.

Don't think I have enough players of colour in my team?

Latest posts