• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The big fat result game

I

Incredible Schalk

This will probably not work but i was thinking earlier of a game where a score reminds us of a match in the past. For example 20-17 England in the 2003 world cup final. The result can be from any of these competitions, world cup,tri nations,6/5 nations,Heineken cup,Guiness Premiership,Magners league,Edf cup,top 14,Super 14,Currie Cup,Air New Zealand cup, tours and autumm internationals. (Please tell me if ive missed any obvious ones)

So i will start off with 29-23, just post the first match that comes into your head when you hear that scoreline. Then once you have said eg Australia-Wales 2007 tour, leave another random result for the next person.

Here goes... 20-18

No googling of course!

New Zealand vs Australia in the 2000 tri nations..i think <_<

Lomu scored the last minute winner.

Ahhh... Who could forget.

Wallabies vs Boks, RWC 99 semi final

Here's a nice easy one:

145 - 17

Uhmm, it was an important game! Lol

If more people get stuck i'll give a clue

New Zealand and South Africa's world cup quarter final in 2003? im pretty sure thats right, so i'll go ;)

43-13

Wait no the 29 - 9 score was also the 1987 World Cup Final between New Zealand and France :p

Ireland v England - the hammering of the saxons in 6N 2007? You know, I'd almost forgotten it - back in the day when Ireland were able to beat both RWC finalists comfortably, and within a few months of each other.

30-24.

Hint: attendance of less than 18,000 - but lots of seagulls to make up the numbers. Plus a last minute winning try by a North African.

This is a guess ,but could it be the third place play off between England and France in WC1995 with Benazzi scoring????

The only other North African player is Blanco. was it the famous game against the aussies in the semis of 1987WC??? If not I give up.
I cant imagine there would only be 18,000 there.

Yip. The try doesn't look so great now, but it was fantastic to see it live. And I think the attendance figures are right.

Over to you.

Latest posts