Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
6pm IST
22 points in it last time, one side has got better and the other worse since then, I still expect my Bois to complete a pretty historic season but it'll be a third tight game in as many weeks.

So how will Scarlets approach this differently from the Champions Cup Semi?

Patchell at 10 is almost a guaranteed change Pivac will make, whilst they'll be hoping Halfpenny is fit to deal with Sextons pinpoint kicking with McNicholl slotting onto the wing in place of Prydie. Up front, they'll be missing Balclay at 8, so either Tadhg will move back, or Boyde will come in at 8. Boyde would be preference as he offers a little more carrying options.

Officials named
Referee: Stuart Berry (SA)
ARs: Marius Mitrea (Ita) & Mike Adamson (Sco)
TMO: Neil Paterson (Sco

So how will Scarlets approach this differently from the Champions Cup Semi?

Patchell at 10 is almost a guaranteed change Pivac will make, whilst they'll be hoping Halfpenny is fit to deal with Sextons pinpoint kicking with McNicholl slotting onto the wing in place of Prydie. Up front, they'll be missing Balclay at 8, so either Tadhg will move back, or Boyde will come in at 8. Boyde would be preference as he offers a little more carrying options.

They'll all be wrapped in cotton wool after the burns some of them got from the Glasgow pitch.

Calm down a bit on the hype their lads! Some of us can't hear ourselves think.

Prediction: Not having Beirne at 8 and a lack of counterattack threat at 15 will limit the Scarlets to under 20 points. And they'll lose as a result.

LEINSTER RUGBY: Rob Kearney; Jordan Larmour, Garry Ringrose, Isa Nacewa (Capt), James Lowe; Johnny Sexton, Luke McGrath; Cian Healy, Sean Cronin, Tadhg Furlong; Devin Toner, James Ryan; Rhys Ruddock, Dan Leavy, Jack Conan.

Replacements: James Tracey, Jack McGrath, Andrew Porter, Scott Fardy, Jordi Murphy, Nick McCarthy, Joey Carbery, Rory O'Loughlin.

SCARLETS: Leigh Halfpenny, Johnny McNicholl, Scott Williams, Hadleigh Parkes, Steffan Evans; Rhys Patchell, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Ken Owens (Capt), Samson Lee; Lewis Rawlins, Steven Cummins; Aaron Shingler, James Davies, Tadhg Beirne.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, Werner Kruger, David Bulbring, Will Boyde, Jonathan Evans, Daniel Jones, Tom Prydie.

33 mins in before I heard the names Scott Williams and McNicholl mentioned in an attacking sense. Nobody can win like that. Also fair to say I'm not spending half time signing up to the Lee Halfpenny fanclub :p

Pretty awesome control by Leinster and I don't mind watching it in Welsh on S4C. Some games are so intense you don't need commentary.

Da iawn Leinster , sexton marshalled it fair play . Deserved double champions. See you next season hopefully

That was bordering on awesome for the neutral, a great advert for the league and a fitting end to a good season. Larmour's solo try, Sexton & McNicholl's overall play, Carberry's run round Parkes.

Scarlets never quite hit the heights of last season and Leinster have become more consistent and improved their execution in the big moments. Happy to see a home grown coach lift the ***le too.

Sexton is the greatest Irish 10 of the pro era by a country mile. Larmour, Lowe and Ringrose really showed their class. Conan really hit his level from last year and showed his ability. Carbery picked a timely moment to show his class as well. (No other Irish 10 could have done that). They'll be showing that Larmour try for ages. He's probably got a more impressive highlight reel that Kearney already (Not saying he's a better player).

What a season.

The biggest critic of Kearney here but he is the guy that allowed Larmour do his thing and bossed Lowe positionally

The biggest critic of Kearney here but he is the guy that allowed Larmour do his thing and bossed Lowe positionally
Kearney has really found his form and some confidence that's been missing the last few years and he's really playing really well. As I said he won't have the flashiest highlight reel ever but there's a reason he's always been there on Ireland and Leinster's best days. He'll always get criticised for not being some kind of all conquering counterattacker who beats five defenders every time he gets the ball but you don't need that with the guys Leinster and Ireland have on the wing at present. Best Irish 15 in living memory.

Latest posts