• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The BIG Rugby 2005 modification project

Hey mate.

Here's the channel seven logo to replace the EA Sports one that flashes across the screen. Also it might look better if you cut out the Seven so it was by itself. Can you pull it off?
channel7_logo.gif

I think it would be more authentic however if you added the Bundy Rum logo in replace of the EA Sports one on the pitch. Is it possible to do that for Tri Nations games played in Australia?

bundaberg%20rum%20new%20logo.gif

Cheers,
Scotty

I can do whatever you want!

No, seriously though...

I cna do pitchmats, and the flashy acrossy thing, but TV overlays are a no-no I'm afraid.

The files just don't exist in any editable format.

Which is a shame.

I'm sure I can manage a Ch7 thingy.

And probably that yellow thing for the pitchmat.

I'll do an RBS pitchmat for the 6nats too.

That's cool man. What's a TV overlay though? For an (Australian) Tri Nations patch you could put the 'yellow thing' (lol) in place of the EA markings on the 22m line and replace the EA flashy acrossy thing with the Ch. 7 logo. That would be of some serious use.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Mar 16 2005, 04:31 PM
.......anyhooo back to the kit subject..lol

anychance you guys can change anything on console?
Unfortunally, .fsh files does not exist on console. It's a .shh for PS2 and .xsh for xbox.
At this time, .ssh file cannot be opened by fsh editor. For what I read on the web, some of the .xsh can be open ( it depends of the texture format stored in it).

I'm just thinkg about something : fifa fans used to modified the fifa gameplay. They simply edit an ini file ( contains in .big) and they can change a lot of things, especially the shot power and distance.
Perhaps r2k5 use this kind of file and if it does, i'm pretty sure we can improve our kicking distance problem.

but there's no real problem with kicking distances if you use the right player and actually practice it...

I can consistently find the other teams 22 from inside my own half, or clear up to/over half way from the in-goal area...
If I could record my PS2 footage, I'd prove it
<
... but i can't
<

Anyways... is there no way of getting those damned .ssh files converted to .fsh? (and then back) I've made an attempt so far, but with no luck

also, did any of ye guys see the files listing the 12 Zurich Prem teams (from last year - includes Rotherham...) aswell as extra national teams... Tunisia, Portugal etc...

I also noticed a file that states a players hair style (med & low), headtape, scrum cap, gloves and tape (mostly true & false values)... although it seems to list an awful lot more players then the top 100... but not as many as all the players - what chance of fixing/editing current players features (altho perhaps this is for R2004, there's alot of redundant 2004 files in there)

Anyways, I'm getting the PC version very shortly so I'll be able to look/help further in regards the modding - anyone with further info on the PS2 version, on't be afraid to speak up!

I have a request if anybody ever manages to mod the game for PS2 and burn a back-up copy, I will be willing to pay to have one.

If and when its possible SharksFan, I'll be giving it a go... anybody else interested in messing with the console versions?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
but there's no real problem with kicking distances if you use the right player and actually practice it...

I can consistently find the other teams 22 from inside my own half, or clear up to/over half way from the in-goal area...[/b]

Not agree with you ... IMO I think the kicking should be a little bit more powerfull.

Anyways... is there no way of getting those damned .ssh files converted to .fsh? (and then back) I've made an attempt so far, but with no luck[/b]
I tried too, without any luck. In fact, the .ssh store the texture in a different way EA did for PC ( I guess the format should be packed to be compatible with the PS2 graphic engine).
A lot of tools has been done for EASports games edition ( almost all of them used the same .fsh/.ssh/.xsh texture file) but none for the console.
<

If only I could have more time , I will try to hack it.

I also noticed a file that states a players hair style (med & low), headtape, scrum cap, gloves and tape (mostly true & false values)... although it seems to list an awful lot more players then the top 100... but not as many as all the players - what chance of fixing/editing current players features (altho perhaps this is for R2004, there's alot of redundant 2004 files in there)[/b]
As opposite with the texture, I think a lot of files has the same structure for both PC, PS2 and XBOX version. I'm pretty confident we can update the players names, hair style, and other stuff for both plateform. I'll try asa I'll got my PS2 version
<

raziel_eire,

Thanks man. Keep us posted, as there are a couple of SA players who have the wrong info (stats and postion) ie. M.Claasen is a scrumhalf.

Originally posted by shogun2k1@Mar 17 2005, 02:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

I can consistently find the other teams 22 from inside my own half, or clear up to/over half way from the in-goal area...

Not agree with you ... IMO I think the kicking should be a little bit more powerfull.

Anyways... is there no way of getting those damned .ssh files converted to .fsh? (and then back) I've made an attempt so far, but with no luck[/b]
I tried too, without any luck. In fact, the .ssh store the texture in a different way EA did for PC ( I guess the format should be packed to be compatible with the PS2 graphic engine).
A lot of tools has been done for EASports games edition ( almost all of them used the same .fsh/.ssh/.xsh texture file) but none for the console.
<

If only I could have more time , I will try to hack it.

I also noticed a file that states a players hair style (med & low), headtape, scrum cap, gloves and tape (mostly true & false values)... although it seems to list an awful lot more players then the top 100... but not as many as all the players - what chance of fixing/editing current players features (altho perhaps this is for R2004, there's alot of redundant 2004 files in there)[/b]
As opposite with the texture, I think a lot of files has the same structure for both PC, PS2 and XBOX version. I'm pretty confident we can update the players names, hair style, and other stuff for both plateform. I'll try asa I'll got my PS2 version
<
[/b][/quote]

who do you regularly play as shogun?

perhaps its just because I play with Ireland/Munster regularly (and O'Gara is one of the better kickers in the game) ... tho I have to say, that generally I find the kicking enjoyable and rewarding with whoever I play as, depending on whether they are a kicking team or not (I don't kick with NZ or PI but will with Ireland, Scotland etc)

who do you regularly play as shogun?[/b]

Take a look at my avatar and you'll got the response
<

In fact, when I switch to side view, the kicking distance appear to be longer than in the classic view.

gotcha ... well I always play in sideview, so perhaps thats why I regularly get good-great distance on my kicks, maybe I'll try it on classic to see what the difference (apparent or perceived) is really like

(lost at home to Toulouse in my random HC group match last night, playing as Munster ... and the boy freddie was doin some great defensive kicking!)

Have a look at what the guys at cricket 2004 online have done to cricket 2004 and maybe we can edit rugby 2005 with the same kind of editors. They have added TV graphics , Lineup editors , kits etc.. all by editing the gob file. www.cricket04.com

The gob file in cricket 2004 is completely different to the gob file in Rugby 2005.

I worked on c2004 so I can tell you that for sure.

In fact, the rugby 2005 "gob" file is not a gob file at all it's a .big file.

HB just used a lot of code from Rugby 2004 in this game, and presumably couldn't be bothered to change the file name.

We're doing all we can EMO!

On another note, I was thinking about changing one of the set plays so that the winger hangs out really wide, perhaps for a cross-kick.

Now this may bugger up the defense and make it too easy to score, but it's worth a go, as the back line are pretty much always perfectly evenly spaced, and it makes it really boring.

Someone make a patch for the resolutions please
<

This game doesn't run/look good at 1024 on a TFT :/

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 17 2005, 07:18 PM
On another note, I was thinking about changing one of the set plays so that the winger hangs out really wide, perhaps for a cross-kick.

Now this may bugger up the defense and make it too easy to score, but it's worth a go, as the back line are pretty much always perfectly evenly spaced, and it makes it really boring.
It could be a good way to test the AI
<

Hey lazy, you're player editor works great with the xbox version. Boy was i relieved when I changed rokocoko stats to being somewhat accurate.

By the way a modded xbox is obviously needed, not sure about using something like action replays etc?

FTPed the data_xbox.gob over to my comp, opened it with bigGUI, extracted the rdf file and opened that with your editor, happiness ensued.

I haven't mucked around with the xsh files yet, can they be edited with that fsh editor?

Originally posted by knuck@Mar 18 2005, 12:36 AM
Hey lazy, you're player editor works great with the xbox version. Boy was i relieved when I changed rokocoko stats to being somewhat accurate.

By the way a modded xbox is obviously needed, not sure about using something like action replays etc?

FTPed the data_xbox.gob over to my comp, opened it with bigGUI, extracted the rdf file and opened that with your editor, happiness ensued.

I haven't mucked around with the xsh files yet, can they be edited with that fsh editor?
XBOX hardware is very close to PC .
Fro what I understand, EA store the texture in their file in order to be used directly by the hardware chipset.
So, you have a good chance that .xsh file be compatible with fshed.
Please, let us know if the files are compatible
<

Latest posts