• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The biggest "Oh sh*t!" moments in international rugby?

slingshot

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Lions
Hi all,

I'm a comedy writer and I'm currently working on a list of the biggest "oh sh*t!" moments in international rugby. After much searching I can't imagine I'd find a better website to get help on this task. The event should be anything shocking to the point where you couldn't believe what you were seeing. It can be on club or international level, although a link to a video clip would be most helpful.

Currently I have the following:

-Where Jonah Lomu just plain ran over Mike Catt.
-Where John Hopoate sticking his fingers up other players' backsides.

I'm trying to get to eight points at least - I promise to give recognition to anyone who can help me on this massive task...:)

Oh **** Moments in rugby?

- 2007 Super14 final: Last minute try by Habana
- 2007 RWC: France eliminating New Zealand
- 2011 Super Rugby: Corne Uys try for the Cheetahs against the Rebels

From the same match!!!

If you look closely at 0:14(looks better on the Fox Sports slow mo vid) you can see Mike wave to the crowd!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gibbs v Oz Du Rant, Gibbs v Ollie la Roux, Gibbs v pretty much anyone who stood there and thought 'ok, i'll put in a kiwi side step on this guy'
North using Falou as a tackle bag in the Lions test.
Shane Williams side stepping the entire SA team in one movement.
Dawson's dummy.
Henson v Tait
Cohen being considered for the Lions.
RoG giving away a penalty in the last seconds of a Lions tour whilst concussed.
EVERY decision the ref made in the first Lions v Aus test.

Here's five more for you from the seriously funny guys at Rugby HQ

how bout that pitch invader that tries to charge down Louis koen's conversion but knocks himself out instead

how bout that pitch invader that tries to charge down Louis koen's conversion but knocks himself out instead

...and how about this pitch invader

Take on Richie McCaw in a fist-fight? Very brave!

Take on AJ Venter in a fist fight? Exceptionally brave!

Take them both on at the same time.... JUST STOOPID!!!

One of the most amazing things about this action is how quickly AJ disengages from his position in the SECOND row, flies past his openside flanker and tight head prop and joins Ritchie in the fray before anyone else.

NOTE: The observant viewer will see AJ getting a couple of "short ones" in at 0:15.

The worst and most amazing clothesline in rugby. The best part is little Luke Hamilton manages to get up and look for support.

Another ridiculious one is Shane Williams being involved in a car crash of sorts with Polota Nau. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS0ggvpS_8

...and how about this pitch invader

Take on Richie McCaw in a fist-fight? Very brave!

Take on AJ Venter in a fist fight? Exceptionally brave!

Take them both on at the same time.... JUST STOOPID!!!

One of the most amazing things about this action is how quickly AJ disengages from his position in the SECOND row, flies past his openside flanker and tight head prop and joins Ritchie in the fray before anyone else.

NOTE: The observant viewer will see AJ getting a couple of "short ones" in at 0:15.

Absolutely pithitic.

and just youtube Brian Lima and you'll see plenty of oh s--- moments

I remember when Jerry Collins hit knocks out Colin Charvis and Tana Umaga helps thereafter:

Regards

Latest posts