• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Bloodyslow the "epitomy" of Rugby!

Originally posted by Serge@Jul 21 2004, 05:31 PM
The Greatest game of League i remember was the Grand Final Dragons V Storm. Think it was 1999. The only time ive backed a league team throughout the year and they actually won. Also all my friends were like St George will kick arse. Oh yeah and a penalty try in the last minutes won it. Fantastic game.
Greatest union game was Australia V South Africa in the SA leg where SA won 33-31 in i think 2002. SA went up 26-7 with about 20 or so mins remaining. Aus came back to be winning 31-26 scorig a try with a minute to go. Then SA reclaims kickoff and plays a few phases up to the 30 metre line or so. Then Greef runs an amazing angle off a flat ball from Comradie to go through a gap near the ruck and score and then kick the conversion to win it.
Worst day of my life. We were 100% robbed by Harrigan. The Martin try was a foward pass and Billy Harrigan evened it up with his penalty count of 9-1 in the second half. Robbed. I choke up even thinking about it.

Arguing that knockons happen more in one sport then the other is pretty stupid, seeing as knockons are pretty much unavoidable.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jul 24 2004, 11:09 AM
seeing as knockons are pretty much unavoidable.
YES THEY ARE!

As simple as it sounds, if you keep your eye on the ball it is very much avoidable!

And as easy as it is to keep your eye on the ball, you still make mistakes. That is the most common mistake of all.

How can you say Knock ons are unavoidable? A good pass everytime and a catcher that will keep his eye on the ball will not knock in on therefore they are Avoidable.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jul 24 2004, 12:11 PM
And as easy as it is to keep your eye on the ball, you still make mistakes. That is the most common mistake of all.
And therefore you've just totally, totally contradicted yourself in saying that knock ons are avoidable!

Look, nobody's prefect and as much as we try to be, you will still miss a catch due to a bad pass or single split second of inattention. Even the best player will make a mistake. What makes him the best is that those mistakes are few and far between and also the ability to keep going after making such a mistake.

I agree, but knock ons are NOT unavoidable which is the core point of the last few posts.

Well then, I suppose what you mean by unavoidable in that case because you seem to be contradicting yourself now.

I'd suggest it is easier to knock on in rugby union then rugby league.........

Teams are closer to each other, more passes are thrown throughout the game, their are far more opprotunities (ie. lineouts) from which to knock on.

Therefore Rugby League is the less scrappier and more superior game
<

I enjoy playing Union anyways. By the St. Helens, don't get me wrong, knock ons are rare in a game, but they just happen in the mass confusion. I used your keep eye on the ball trick and it's been working great. Catching is easy now. Thanks.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Jul 27 2004, 04:21 AM
I used your keep eye on the ball trick and it's been working great. Catching is easy now. Thanks.
No worries - I've done the tiniest bit of coaching and that's always one of the first things I say to kids, as well as "You can't go anywhere without your legs."

Originally posted by Dragon Fanatic@Jul 26 2004, 07:33 PM
Therefore Rugby League is the less scrappier and more superior game
<
Less scrappier..........yes............better???????????

Depends if you prefer something simplier, less demanding on the brain and less varied in play, or not............

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jul 27 2004, 07:30 AM
Depends if you prefer something simplier, less demanding on the brain and less varied in play, or not............
I find it none of those three.

Eh??? The laws of rugby league would be far easier for a novice to understand then rugby union rules.................if you agree with that statement then you'd have to agree that it is far easier on the brain to comprehend (hence why a novice would understand it easier), and finally because it is the simplier game there is less to it (less rules, less facets of play, less variety of restart methods, less technical forward play, less set piece play, less players and so fourth......)

I would be interested to hear why rugby league ISNT any of the three I mentioned...........

Latest posts