• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Bloodyslow the "epitomy" of Rugby!

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Oct 16 2004, 12:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Oct 16 2004, 12:24 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 20 2004, 05:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Sep 19 2004, 06:59 AM
League has ABSOLUTELY NO FUTURE in Canada or the United States.

Canada, possibly not.

America - probably has.
yeah America has a tendency of ebing attracted to homsexual sports like gridiron, arena football, and rugby league
<
[/b]
<

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 5 2004, 06:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 5 2004, 06:18 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugby_Guy
@Oct 1 2004, 11:35 PM
Ok. I have to go with Ripper on this. Seeing one game does not convince anyone. League is lucky if anyone even goes to watch the game that has juridiction over getting a school or unviersity team and even he does see it. It'll be kinda hard to understand what he just saw.
Well as DonBilly said, league was started in France by an excebition match and for a while it looked as though league was to become bigger than Union. [/b]
But the French had at least some basic idea what was happening because of the basic similarties to Union

Originally posted by Ripper+Oct 16 2004, 06:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Oct 16 2004, 06:38 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Oct 5 2004, 06:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugby_Guy
@Oct 1 2004, 11:35 PM
Ok. I have to go with Ripper on this. Seeing one game does not convince anyone. League is lucky if anyone even goes to watch the game that has juridiction over getting a school or unviersity team and even he does see it. It'll be kinda hard to understand what he just saw.

Well as DonBilly said, league was started in France by an excebition match and for a while it looked as though league was to become bigger than Union.
But the French had at least some basic idea what was happening because of the basic similarties to Union [/b]
There are basic similarities in Rugby to American Football.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 17 2004, 01:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 17 2004, 01:20 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Oct 16 2004, 12:24 AM

Canada, possibly not.

America - probably has.

yeah America has a tendency of ebing attracted to homsexual sports like gridiron, arena football, and rugby league
<
<
[/b]
hehehe I see my asshole comment had some effect
<

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Oct 16 2004, 09:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Oct 16 2004, 09:06 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Oct 17 2004, 01:20 AM

Canada, possibly not.

America - probably has.

<

<
<
[/b]
Not bothered what you say about gridiron but someone must be confused with themselves if they call Rugby League homosexual.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 17 2004, 08:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 17 2004, 08:57 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Oct 16 2004, 09:06 PM

Canada, possibly not.

America - probably has.

<

<

<
Not bothered what you say about gridiron but someone must be confused with themselves if they call Rugby League homosexual. [/b]
lol I watched Rugby league last night

Roosters vs Bulldogs and I was not very impressed. League always likes to brag how the game is so much better and the players have more skill when hadnling the ball etc. Thats bullshit from what I saw. Their was a goddamn knock on every 5 seconds during that game it was pathetic.

Also league is just about the most repetitive bullshit I have ever seen. get tackled pass the ball out to the wing, get tackled pass the ball out to the wing, get tackled, get tackled again, get tackled kick ball downfield. Their is almost no variation its so f***ing boring.

Yeah and the jerseys are the gayest jerseys I have ever seen in any sport. League supporters always seem to be making fun of the national Football league for how commercialized American Football is etc let me tell you something Rugby league takes the f***ing Cake for commercialized bullshit.(Rainbow coloured Jerseys! Wow league players really are fruitcakes!)

Overall I am not very impressed with Rugby league and I hope it never gets big in Canada because it is possibly the gayest form of football on the planet. Its like the Arena Football of Rugby.

Good thing union is professional now League is going to die a veyr slow and painful death
<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 18 2004, 11:23 AM
You make good points.... and then spoil it with the last two paragraphs.
sorry I was reading rlfans.com because I am interested in both codes but became very angry :-D

I always get carried away with things it is my nature

Rugby union has caused a lot of damage to rugby league in England that has taken decades to repare - RLFans is full of people who were playing league at the height of the war of the codes.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Oct 17 2004, 07:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Oct 17 2004, 07:17 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Oct 17 2004, 08:57 AM

Canada, possibly not.

America - probably has.

<

<

<

Not bothered what you say about gridiron but someone must be confused with themselves if they call Rugby League homosexual.

Roosters vs Bulldogs and I was not very impressed. League always likes to brag how the game is so much better and the players have more skill when hadnling the ball etc. Thats bullshit from what I saw. Their was a goddamn knock on every 5 seconds during that game it was pathetic.

Also league is just about the most repetitive bullshit I have ever seen. get tackled pass the ball out to the wing, get tackled pass the ball out to the wing, get tackled, get tackled again, get tackled kick ball downfield. Their is almost no variation its so f***ing boring.

[/b]
There is more variation than kick, clap, lineout, kick, clap, lineout etc.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Oct 17 2004, 07:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Oct 17 2004, 07:17 PM)</div>

Canada, possibly not.

America - probably has.

<

<

<

Yeah and the jerseys are the gayest jerseys I have ever seen in any sport. League supporters always seem to be making fun of the national Football league for how commercialized American Football is etc let me tell you something Rugby league takes the f***ing Cake for commercialized bullshit.(Rainbow coloured Jerseys! Wow league players really are fruitcakes!)

[/b]
What about Union shirts?
_1282965_wood_300.jpg
Look at the Pretty colours
lg_lloyd_all.jpg
Very colourful

And of course the gayest style shirts of all:
rugbyworldcup.jpg

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger+Oct 18 2004, 06:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Oct 18 2004, 06:17 AM)</div>

Canada, possibly not.

America - probably has.

<

<

<

Overall I am not very impressed with Rugby league and I hope it never gets big in Canada because it is possibly the gayest form of football on the planet. Its like the Arena Football of Rugby.

Good thing union is professional now League is going to die a veyr slow and painful death
<
[/b]
f*** that's a whole lot of bullshit. You can't jude rugby league on one game in the wet. How about you watch both semi finals and then tell me if you come to the same conclusion.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 18 2004, 08:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 18 2004, 08:04 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Oct 17 2004, 07:17 PM

Canada, possibly not.

America - probably has.

<

<

<

What about Union shirts?
_1282965_wood_300.jpg
Look at the Pretty colours
lg_lloyd_all.jpg
Very colourful

And of course the gayest style shirts of all:
rugbyworldcup.jpg
[/b]
You forgot to mention that they're all English (I think).

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Oct 18 2004, 06:17 AM
Rainboy jerseys.. What the ****? I agree that league jerseys arn't the greatest but Canterbury and East Sydney's arn't bad.

Someone got a picture of the Gold Coast team's jerseys (rugby union)?

Now they are really rainbow.

one thing that league has over rugby is the greatest commentator of all time...in ray warren or rabs.....he is the man and often when watching football games both league and rugby and sometimes swimming you hear commentators trying to immitate...thats wrong....stick to your own styles

also i watch npc and occasionally you hear a commentator say that they are at sixes and sevens????....WHAT!?!..... that adds up to 13 not 15players....dickheads

GO THE KIWIS AND THE ALL BLACKS...DESTROY EUROPE...MWAHAHAA..mwa mwa

Originally posted by rugged@Oct 18 2004, 12:54 PM
Someone got a picture of the Gold Coast team's jerseys (rugby union)?

Now they are really rainbow.
I can only find what looks like rugby league.

ever watched anything other than English Union?

No, and want to know the reason? because your too scared that if you watch Southern Hempisphere Rugby your f***ed up little stereotypes will be gone with the wind

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 18 2004, 09:18 PM
ever watched anything other than English Union?

No, and want to know the reason? because your too scared that if you watch Southern Hempisphere Rugby your f***ed up little stereotypes will be gone with the wind
What are you talking about now Jack the?

lol wow NEC's Jerseys are so bad give me a break atleast they aren't littered with the latest ass ramming sponsors. Rugby league jerseys remind me of something I'd see in a Japanese Videogame. *Mario League 2*

Oh and Wally, you league folks ***** about Union all the time and how we are just **** and how using the weather as an excuse is lame etc. I distinctly remember league supporters *****ing about the australia vs new zealand game and how much union sucked etc and how using the weather is just an excuse blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Don't get me wrong I like both codes although Union is my preference. I just wanted to kind of put out what I see on a day to day basis concerning smart ass remarks from both league and union supporters.

Frankly no game is better then the other each has it strong and weak points. I like leagues speed and finesse but the lack of rucks would make me very bored. the saem thing goes for the lack of forward play. This is where the two philosophies differ a bit. Frankly I find league a little repetitive. It seems to be the same thing over and over again. Its almost predictable what they will do with the ball. One thing I do like is the intensity the players play at though.

Another thing why I like Union better is the International Comp sure league has some good comps but it is really a club oriented sport while I think union is more suited to the International game.

Latest posts