• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Bored Thread

Packman

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Highlanders
It's a well known fact that sometimes people work so hard that they find that there is no more work to do.
This is when boredom sets in, which isn't good. if boredom is allowed to grow then you'll be compelled to find more extreme ways to relieve your boredom and before you know it, you've drawn willies all over the notice board or run off with the receptionist's PC while she was in the loo.

This sort of behaviour is frowned upon in the workplace, so I thought I'd share a couple of websites I've found that help relieve bordom before you cause too much bedlam.

1. The Bored button

http://www.boredbutton.com/

the bored buttom is a mixed bag, but it does have some cool bits. Its got Curveball - which is a web based computer game and a fun twist on Pong. I'll share the direct link to this game further down the page. Build Your Own Squid, where you get to build you own Colossal squid courtesy of the NZ national Museum Te Papa. (don't knock it until you've tried it.) There is a fun web page that lets you write a grievance note and then print it off to give to a friend or work mate as a joke. Very usful when your female work collegue keeps burping and blaming you. And finally there's another game where you have to press the space bar as many times as possible in a set amount of time. Best done when the boss is out the office.

2, here is the link to curveball and the spacebar game.

http://www.zimm-co.com/PressTheSpaceBar/pressthespacebar2000.html

http://people.cs.uct.ac.za/~twdrob001/

3, Apparently Japan is weird. I kinda knew this from a Justin Lee Collins program I watched about Japan which involved roast beef flavoured ice cream. Well here's more proof.

http://japanisweird.com/

Who knew you could buy that many novelty boob shaped items in any country!?!

One thing is for sure, RWC2019 is going to be a bit of an adventure! (God knows how they plan to start each match.)

4, Spotify / Team Rock Radio on the net. Instant air guitars. (And you strange people who actually can't stop working can also listen to spotify while typing stuff. If you like... <_<

So there ya go. If you have any cool ways to break the monotomy of work when you've um... finished all your work. ;) Then please add links below.

Last edited:
120 views and no replies. What, am I the only slacker in the entire world???? Was Dude, Where's My Car, total make believe!?! If so Why have I been living my life this way for the last 13 years!?!

I'm now worried that I'll be nailed to a tree or something for being different to everyone else...

14366_512x288_manicured__bu8-zh58gU6S+3sHf3J6Yw.jpg

"And now we shall play hide the lollypop"

Last edited:
I shall be monitoring this thread. In order to report any such pictures as mentioned above that might be forthcoming.. obviously.

I shall be monitoring this thread. In order to report any such pictures as mentioned above that might be forthcoming.. obviously.

How about scantily clad pictures? This is my current desktop at work. And for the record I'm backing Rosie Jones (right).

Last edited by a moderator:
:D ...Well it probably would have been a slippery slope if you left it on there. And anyway there's always Lucy Pinder's message Forum for that sort of stuff; Ooo! Another website for when you're bored!!!

http://www.deviantart.com/

This is a cool website with some whacky **** to peruse. Its safe for work as well, so long as you don't register and then switch on the mature content.

...So remember, don't do that.

Unless you're the boss, then you can do whatever goddamn thing you please! Like sack a bunch of people and then contact a lingerie modelling agency to set up some job interviews, or make belonging to a union a sack-able offense or writing a policy where health and safety is allowed so long as it doesn't cost anything ahem.

This is a film review for the Movie Thread that got completely out of hand. It was a slow day at the office... Don't read if you are of a fragile disposition or very sensible.

I watched Mama last night. It's a ghost story. It has a good premise but the script didn't quite get as much out of the idea as you'd like. The one big plus was the cool heroine who plays bass guitar in a punk rock band. She's really likable which means you care what happens to her character, something that makes of breaks most horror movies.

The one worst aspects was the ghost, who was this badly drawn C.G.I. cartoon which just got worse the more light the director shone onto it. You could imagine the producer telling the CGI company that he wanted the ghost out of The Grudge with the odd idea nicked from a M.R. Jame's short story The Dairies of Mr Poyter, but he must have been gutted at what he actually got. I think Guillemo Del Toro was the Exec Producer. I expect better from him to be honest. I'm starting to wonder why, because his remake of Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark was terrible.

Alright Plot Spoiler:

I liked the idea of feral children being brought up by an insane ghost. There is so much scope for unsettling scares. It reminds me of this episode of Masters Of Horror about a feral young woman with a body to die for but a hideously deformed face. She has this animal cunning and is actually utterly malevolent and manipulative, she gets men to protect her by pretending to be all vulnerable and then seduces the, but all the while she's eating the pet cat and the little girl next door and hiding the corpses in the woods. I think it would have been very scary if the smallest girl in Mama was doing the same sort of thing. The foster parents have this cute dachhund with its big brown eyes and tiny little legs, which is kinda fascinating because they can;t really run away very quickly. I would've had this scene where the youngest girl chases it out the house, down the backyard, rugby tackling it by the back gate and then ripping its throat out with her teeth. Having a cute yet utterly evil and cunning little psychopath being coached by an insane ghost would have been so cool. Every time the kid got up in the middle of the night and sneaked about the house to meet the ghost you'd be worried if she was going kill the adults in their beds!

Here's a story board. :D

Before:- View attachment 2574

"Woof Woof! I'm so cute. Please don't eat me!"

After:

View attachment 2575

"Mmmmm! That was for starters! Now for the badass rock chick main course!!!!!"

I also think the movie needed a scene on the beach where all these girls are playing volleyball in their bikinis and then they go into the woods to spend the night in the haunted cabin. Then a gang of Hell's Angels bikers turn up and take them hostage for their own nefarious purposes, but then the rock chick turns up with her punk band who should be called Pussy Inferno! (with a flaming moggy motif.) to play a gig and the Bikers make the Bikini girl pretend that everything is fine until the band start playing on stage at which point Hot Rock Chick notices that all the bikini girls are actually too scared to dance properly and then she notices the guns the bikers have pressed into their backs so she uses her ninja skills to blind the bikers by flicking plectrums into their eyes, a gun goes off shooting the light bulb and the cabin is plunged into darkness and then the ghost appears and starts killing everyone in a massive orgy of blood and the dead come back as zombies and in the end all that's left is the Rock Chick a couple of hot bikini girls, the chief evil biker who has to join forced with the girls and the children who are may or may not be on the ghost's side. Cue an A Team moment where they all make lots of weapons in a montage with a punk rock sound track. (cue bass guitar with axe heads fixed to it) and then they come out swinging, killing all the zombies, the biker chief throws the evil kid off the cliff losing two of his fingers in the process (smeagol homage), the bikini girls get eaten and then have to be chopped up as they turn into zombies. Rock chick uses the Unholy Riff of Jeff (UNDISPUTED ATTITUDE!) Hannaman to exorcise the ghost and save the good older kid, (What? of course this story has some morals, its got kids in it.) Then the chief biker is left with the rock chick and they regard each other hostilely realizing that these woods ain't big enough for the both of them and POW they get it on. Bass Guitar Axe vs retractable spikes and crotch cannon (last seen in From dusk till dawn). the biker looks like he's going to win when goodie feral girl runs up behind him and kicks him between his legs in the nuts and when be doubles over Rock Chick dives between his legs and grabbed the crotch cannon in a very suggestive manner. He gazed down the front of her torn V neck tee-shirt and says "Bleep me you have a real fine pair *****, shame I gotta kill ya." and she purrs something cool and filthy like um, "Well don't get too excited Sugar or you'll explode all over your face." and then she fires the crotch cannon blows his head off. THE END.

PG certificate I reckon.

Latest posts