The Boys are back in Town. Guinness Pro 12 - R:18

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Coming to you from Manchester terminal 3 is the return of the comletition and more importantly the threads we hold so dearly.

Friday

Scarlets v Edinburgh
Dragons v Ulster

Saturday

Zebre v Munster
Leinster v Cardiff
Glasgow v Connacht
Treviso v Ospreys

Scarlets v Edinburgh - Scarlets, looking to get back in the top 4, v incompetence personified, BP win for the Welsh outfit.
Dragons v Ulster - Ulster, looking to stay in the playoffs, v incompetence personified, BP win for the Nordies.
Zebre v Munster - Italian rugby... lol.
The Champions Elect v Cardiff - Is there a team to stop the merciless rampage of the pro12's best everything? Unlikely and its definitely not Cardiff, BP win numero four this week for the real blues.
Glasgow v Connacht - Anyone in need of a used condom? Because you'll find one right here, this dead rubber will go the way of the home side, it won't get them into a playoff much like an upset from the Muck Savages won't get them involved with Europe's elite.
Ospreys v Treviso - Imagine travelling all the way from Italy to be another notch on the Ospreys bedpost! They're not even that sexy anymore.

The Pro 12 subforum... the home of witty banter.

A Coetzee-less Ulster take on the might of the WRU tonight.

Jim Neilly, fresh from his schools-cup final exploits where he repeatedly called each player by either their da, granda or great-granda... and Tony McWhirter, fresh from further perfecting his use of "very much so Jim", will be beaming to a television set near you from 7.30 on BBC Norn Iron.

Unfortunately you'll likely have to endure ****** Watson - hopefully Eddie O'Sullivan will be on hand to enlighten the masses - I wouldn't want to be relying on Ryan Constable for much insight.

Last edited:
Ciao.
We are over here in Italy. Weather is lovely and we have a strong team out. Big game for Dave O'Callaghan in 2nd row and if Angus Lloyd comes off bench

Leinster got lucky there. That last counter-attack from the Blues should've won that for them.

I think what we saw at the end there was a team who is winning consistently and a Cardiff team who are not used to winning and struggling to close things out. The counter try's shows show good the backs could be if there was a really powerful front five bossing the game a bit. Happier with the performance, but a bit gutted with that butchered chance at the end. A fit TJ would have gone for that try at the end.

Kudos to the depth at Leinster at the moment.

Giving me a bit of hope for the Euro game again Glouscester next week.

Didn't see it, heard we were lucky, but I'll take it. A loss would have been absolutely disastrous in looking for a home semi. Still top, still on a he'll of a home run, being on Wasps.

Well we took care of business. Lads got great run out, BP after half hour and we are oiling up the engine for last stretch of season

Anyone else think the Glasgow crowd are just sh*te? I love Glasgow, have been there many times, have loads of friends from there. But for Pro-12 matches they really annoy the ***s off me. Booing when the opponent kicker scores a penalty, booing when their player gets a red card for punching a Connacht player in the head... ffs. They were no better in the various Munster fixtures in Glasgow, haven't really watched them play other teams, but yeah, poor sportsmanship.

Connacht really really should have scored when they were a man-up. Glasgow were really playing with their tails up but still, to concede a try when you're a man up is just bad.

Also, didn't watch it because who would bother apart from Ospreys fans... but seriously wtf!? :lol: AWJ must be raging like no other. Happy for Treviso :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I might have to actually start telling my non-rugby friends that there are Italian clubs in the league when I explain what the Pro 12 is. Up until now I've always said "It's basically the Celtic rugby league"

Leinster-Blues was a cracking game with the visitors scoring some great tries. Lots of mistakes from both sides but there was a willingness to attack and throw the ball around.

If Blues can sort out their pack, they've the making of a very good team.

On the Glasgow crowd, it is traditionally not a rugby area, at all. I'd wager a significant proportion of the crowd are relatively new to the sport and probably not aware of what is normally expected of a rugby crowd (so act more like football).

I might have to start respecting the Italians in my previews.

Yup. Baffling and headscratching doesn't even begin to describe that result. Ospreys doing their best to kiss goodbye to a home semi. Good to see the Blues rediscovering their early season form too.

Latest posts