• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Bronze Medal Match!

B

BokMagic

Some call it the bronze medal match, some call it the bridesmaid`s final, the IRB calls it the second most important match of the entire RWC. Call it whatever you want, but any test match between the Pumas and Les Bleus, is always gonna be a cracker.

Although this isn`t the game either team wanted, it is still a chance to even some scores, show off some skills and get a test match win against damn fine opposition. The French will want to go out in style from their home Cup, plus they`ve got a score to settle. Loffreda`s Argies have beaten them 5 times out of the last 6, and that is a record Laporte will desperately want to put behind him.

Argentina, though, will have other ideas. They`ve already accounted for 3 different 6-nations teams, having done the business against France, Ireland and Scotland already, and will be dead keen to show the world that their advance to the semi`s was no fluke. There is also the small matter of continuing to impress the tri-nations and six nations hierarchy in the effort to push for more regular competition.

Right, with the pressure largely off in this game, it`ll be a chance to see some free-flowing, running rugby. Both teams feature plenty of grunt up front, and there is plenty of creativity at the back for both sides too. Time to predict who will do what, get those scores in- and get some banter flowing!

I'm gonna put it out there, i think the Argies are going to take this one.
I want the French to win it, but France are disappointed that they didn't make it to the final. They are truly gutted that they are having to play this 3rd place play-off.
The Argies, however, are just so chuffed with how far they've gotten. They are guaranteed a 4th place finish and ideally they want a 3rd place.
They beef-eaters will want this more than the Frogs in my opinion.

Could prove to be very important, New Zealand going out so early means that this match could be to decide which team is grouped with the All Blacks/Greys.

I take France to win, its Ibanez's last match, and they want revenge for Argentina spoiling their RWC.

Could prove to be very important, New Zealand going out so early means that this match could be to decide which team is grouped with the All Blacks/Greys.

I take France to win, its Ibanez's last match, and they want revenge for Argentina spoiling their RWC.
[/b]
naaaaaaa----- so what if it's Ibanez's last game?? It's also Hasan's last game, and maybe even Pichot's last.
And besides, Argentina didn't spoil France's RWC... it just is a better team. And that is something France is reluctant to admit...
It isn't enough to organise the RWC to become champion, you also have to win some games....

LETS GO PUMAS!!! :cheers:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
naaaaaaa----- so what if it's Ibanez's last game?? It's also Hasan's last game, and maybe even Pichot's last.
And besides, Argentina didn't spoil France's RWC... it just is a better team. And that is something France is reluctant to admit...
It isn't enough to organise the RWC to become champion, you also have to win some games....

LETS GO PUMAS!!! :cheers:
[/b][/quote]

No, I don't feel Argentina spoiled anything, its just that the French were basically ready to top the group and didn't concentrate.

I hope its a good match, both teams have changed the entire RWC for the better :cheers:

I`ll be supporting the Pumas all the way, but I just don`t know if they`ve got another big game in the tank. They`ve not had the priveledge of regular, top-level opposition, and did look just a little bit jaded in their semi. France should have the edge, simply because of their greater experience of playing several test matches on consecutive weekends.

I really do believe that we`ll see an open, attacking game from both teams. With all the pressure off, this means that both teams will be able to throw it around a bit more. And both of those backlines does feature a helluva lot of game-breakers.

I'll be supporting France tonight - let's see if they can get a consolation bronze - they hosted an awesome World Cup, they deserve to go out in style :)

I'm hoping the French can pull off a win to thank the home crowd for hosting such a great World Cup.

More than anything, though, I'm looking for an enjoyable rugby match.

Legendary defending by Los Pumas in the last 15 minutes, France just couldn't break their line whatever they tried.

3-17 at half time.

Nahhh persistent offending at the breakdown by the Argentinians (lets call it what it is).

Great game though. Both teams at eachothers throats.

On a side note. That was a total cop out from the linesman to sin bin Ibanez. "Given whats gone on before I'd issue a yellow card". ******, if the ref policed the breakdown and allowed quick ball it wouldnt be happening. Dont understand why they cant they use the boot anymore. If your on the wrong side, you get the shoe. Its your own fault.

Getting more and more like poofball everyday.

Good to see Ibanez proving he is French, a nice little tantrum as he went off :p

A sad way to see him go though, he has been a great talisman for French rugby, 98 caps and has put his heart on his sleeve every time.

Will be glad to see him back at Wycombe :)

Argentina have won. Dirty ********.

Yeah very much so. Fantastic third try. Argentina are doing to France what the Boks did to them. Giving them a lesson in how to convert your chances. Three chances and each one converted brilliantly.

Another great finish from Argentina. 4 tries to 0. The game is definately over (bar the fights).

What are the odds of an England Grand Slam next year?[/b]
Pretty similar to the French chances of winning this game ;)

Latest posts