• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Dictator: Why do autocrats do strange things?

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_60222918_comp2_leaders_624.jpg

Sacha Baron Cohen's latest comedy, The Dictator, features the antics of a fictional leader from North Africa. Admiral General Aladeen is an extreme representation, but why do real autocrats so often do strange things?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17990615

Because they can. I would too in that position. I'd ban the color red and American cars. It makes perfect sense to me but might seem strange to another.

What's wrong with American cars? There are some crap ones but there are some awesome motors. I love American Muscle cars, basic engineering, bloody huge engines and lots of sideways fun. Was driven round a track in South of France in a 1968 Mustang making 540hp. Loud as buggery and huge fun/indigestion.

What's wrong with American cars? There are some crap ones but there are some awesome motors. I love American Muscle cars, basic engineering, bloody huge engines and lots of sideways fun. Was driven round a track in South of France in a 1968 Mustang making 540hp. Loud as buggery and huge fun/indigestion.

For every Dodge Charger, there are a dozen Chryslers. Still, that's a better ratio then French cars.

For every Dodge Charger, there are a dozen Chryslers. Still, that's a better ratio then French cars.

Yes, ban the French cars too!! My Gf has a Citroën C4 and she's been waiting for 2 years for a reverse light fitting!! Seriously!! how long does it take the Citroën ship to send that!!!???

I am more than willing for there not to be a single Ford mustang in my country if it means there are also no Chevs, Dodges, Opels, Chryslers, Cadallacs etc etc. I am issuing a statement in the evening banning french cars as well. The ban on English cars was lifted years ago with Jag and AM getting their act together.

Jag is Indian (part of Tata), Aston is only part-UK as Dave Richards and Ford own 50% shares each.

Technically, yes but I wouldn't call it (if only the brand) anything other than English.

Latest posts