• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Economy and Scooby Doo

F

feicarsinn

So I was sitting in my house today, as I find myself doing alot more these day what with the lack of any kind of employment and nothing else to do due to the severe lack of funds. I threw on the tv to give the brain a bit of a rest after a tough morning nap (Sleeping, I do that alot too now actually). Cartoons have gone way down hill by the way, I mean who decided a show about Jackie Chan would be a good idea? Right, well Scooby Doo eventually came on and, although I've never really enjoyed it, I decided to give it a go. It was the usual story with the gang showing up at some moderately interesting location only to find it's haunted. They go through the usual routine of being scared for a while and the show concludes with either a property developer or a banker being evil in some way and a sense of tedious inevitability.

This got me thinking: The basic moral of Scooby Doo is pretty much property developers = bad. Now how is it that, despite having this message forced into us by a dog when we were kids, we still trusted them, along with other financial institutions with our hard earned cash? And look where that got us. Well it's probably because taking financial advise from a dog who barely has a basic grasp of the English language doesn't seem like a very good idea but hey neither is listening to Eddie Hobbs or whatever the equivalent financial guru is in your neck of the woods.

So from now on I'll be basing all of my major life decisions on what I see on afternoon tv. Things did seem easier when I was about 8 so why not apply the same logic I used back then to the here and now? I probably can't turn out any worse in the long run.

Wow I really come out with some amount of bull when I get bored :D

Woah, now there's a topic ***le I never expected to see.

...And The Jackie Chan Show rules!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jun 15 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So from now on I'll be basing all of my major life decisions on what I see on afternoon tv. Things did seem easier when I was about 8 so why not apply the same logic I used back then to the here and now? I probably can't turn out any worse in the long run.[/b]

Make sure to post a photograph of you behind your lemonade stand (make sure one of the letters is written backwards!) :)

Things were easier when we were eight because we didn't have anything to worry about, except perhaps for homework.

It's not the developers who caused the recession - Anyone who builds something for a living right now is currently bent over taking a right shafting from the Banks and the government(s). Without even any lube or a warm up cuddle.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jun 16 2009, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
taking financial advise from a dog who barely has a basic grasp of the English language doesn't seem like a very good idea[/b]
Yes. I will commit money only if I'm satisfied the dog has fluent english.

Latest posts