The Edinburgh Rugby thread

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
Hi guys, I know there isn't alot off Edinburgh rugby fans here but I'd thought I'd make a thread related to latest Edinburgh rugby news and your welcome to ask me questions relating to Edinburgh rugby.

So we've beaten Connacht at home for the first time this season (I Think ?). And also due to the six nations Edinburgh will play all they're home matches at Myreside until the six nations is over.

I'd like to say i'll be following Edinburgh now, due to the signing of Tongan Will Helu.

Whats Myreside like Scotty? Is it up to pro standards and what its capacity? I'm asking as I think one of Edinburg's biggest issues is that Muarryfeild is too big for any club side. I reckon if Edinburg could relocate to a ground which is smaller the atmosphere at the games would improve and hence people would be more willing to turn up giving the whole club a better feel to it. Similar to how Glasgow or Connacht have turned their smaller stadiums into real fortress with great atmosphere in recent years.

lynam1104;701967[B said:
]Whats Myreside like Scotty? Is it up to pro standards and what its capacity?[/B] I'm asking as I think one of Edinburg's biggest issues is that Muarryfeild is too big for any club side. I reckon if Edinburg could relocate to a ground which is smaller the atmosphere at the games would improve and hence people would be more willing to turn up giving the whole club a better feel to it. Similar to how Glasgow or Connacht have turned their smaller stadiums into real fortress with great atmosphere in recent years.
Its about the same size as Growers Stadium and similar too. I have no idea what the capacity is.

After going to the Edinburgh v Glasgow game. I think what Edinburgh/SRU need to do is come to some sort of agreement with one of the local rugby clubs or an amateur/sem-pro/junior(non league not kids) football side. And build a new ground or upgrade there on to a reasonable seized ground with a mixture of seating and standing.

by the way in-case you don't know, Ross Rennie former Scotland and Edinburgh's openside flanker has announced his retirement and the age off 28, its a shame as with some injuries in the back-row for Scotland we could have used Rennie.

Good luck Rennie and all the best to you for the future.

Edinburgh have posted they're team to face Lyon tomorrow.

15 Jack CUTHBERT
14 Dougie FIFE
13 Matt SCOTT
12 Phil BURLEIGH
11 Tim VISSER
10 Greig TONKS
9 Sam HIDALGO-CLYNE

1 Alasdair DICKINSON
2 Ross FORD
3 WP NEL
4 Anton BRESLER
5 Ben TOOLIS
6 Mike COMAN (Captain)
7 Roddy GRANT
8 David DENTON

Substitutes

16 Neil COCHRANE
17 Rory SUTHERLAND
18 John ANDRESS
19 Fraser McKENZIE
20 Hamish WATSON
21 Sean KENNEDY
22 Jade TE RURE
23 Andries STRAUSS

Final Score: Lyon OU 21 - 19 Edinburgh
Loursac, Fitzpatrick Tries Visser, Scott
Munro, Porical Penalties Hidalgo-Clyne (3)
Munro Conversions
Estebanez Drop goals

Pretty much the game was won by a last minute drop goal from Estebanez but Edinburgh was unlucky not to win as there were on top through out the game.

Edinburgh squad to face Bordeaux

Nick McLennan, Dougie Fife, Matt Scott, Phil Burleigh, Tim Visser, Greig Tonks, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Alasdair Dickinson, Ross Ford, WP Nel, Anton Bresler, Ben Toolis, Mike Coman (capt), Hamish Watson, David Denton.

Replacements: Neil Cochrane, Rory Sutherland, John Andress, Fraser McKenzie, Roddy Grant, Sean Kennedy, Jade Te Rure, Andries Strauss.

I thought the rumour was that he was going to Glasgow, But a great signing for Edinburgh.

Hugh Blake
Edinburgh -----> Glasgow (loan to end of season)

Scarlets 15 - 26 Edinburgh.

Score's from David Denton and Phil Burleigh with Sam Hidalgo-Clyne converting both tries and knocking another 4 penalty's over while Scarlets Shingler putting 5 penalty's over. The big talking point in the game was Gareth Davies red card for a headbutt on Andries Strauss. While it doesn't look good for Scarlets and Michael Tagicakibau as he was stretchered off the field.

Edinburgh's try came from Jack Cuthbert offload to Phil Burleigh which led to the try. Greig Tonks was sin binned during the game due to him holding on too long in the tackle while John Barclay off the Scarlets was sin binned for a similar offence.

A good game for Edinburgh and that puts them above Scarlets in the pro 12 to 7th place behind Connacht.

Matt Scott is injured for the rest off the season, do really feel sorry for him.

Alan Solomons signs new contract as head coach which will make him our coach till June 2016, I'm glad we still have him. :D

Latest posts