• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The End of Ireland's Golden Generation

RWC2011Fan

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Ireland
Talking about Darcy, O'Gara, O'Callaghan, Best, O'Connell and of course O'Drsicoll. Don't know if I missed anyone, but who do you think will be the first to retire and who will still be around in 2015, if anyone?

O'Gara will be about for 2023. I'm sure of it.

url

:lol: I know what you mean !!

And btw, I've always wanted to ask the fans: is this "Golden Generation" the best side Ireland's EVER had ? I dunno anything about Irish rugby from the early 90's/late 80's and below so....I'm curious.

:lol: I know what you mean !!

And btw, I've always wanted to ask the fans: is this "Golden Generation" the best side Ireland's EVER had ? I dunno anything about Irish rugby from the early 90's/late 80's and below so....I'm curious.

It probably has been the best. Remember that in the 90s Ireland were by far the worst 5 nations team, sort of like Italy nowadays. The golden generation didn't win much but they helped to lay the foundations for a brighter future.

This talk of the golden generation is nonsense. Apart from O'driscoll and O'connell who are genuninely world class players, the rest of the so called golden generation are merely products of the provincial systems set in place at the start of the professional era. The young guys coming through now are miles ahead of the "golden generation" players at the same age.

This talk of the golden generation is nonsense. Apart from O'driscoll and O'connell who are genuninely world class players, the rest of the so called golden generation are merely products of the provincial systems set in place at the start of the professional era. The young guys coming through now are miles ahead of the "golden generation" players at the same age.

regardless of how you define it. relative to irish rugby history the 2000-2010 team /players results etc have been fantastic

I agree......also ROG will continue even in his wheelchair when he is 80 provided Kidney still in charge!!

Incidentally, who was better player BOD or that wonderful centre Mike Gibson................think I would go for MG!

Latest posts